Next Raptor in Aluminum

sadly, its people that voice these "SUPER" deals that have others believing they are attainable and readily available, only to get pi$$ed off at the Dealership for refusing their request. And it does NOTHING to help the reputation as said consumer is now convinced the dealership was just trying to rip them off and will tell ANYONE willing to listen....kind of gives a little insight as to why I get REALLY annoyed when someone gives a blanket name such as "Stealership"...when half the time its based on ficticious ramblings....

experience tells me he was lying, just trying to impress everyone of his self professed negotiation skills...

I don't see how that's at all possible. I mean, he was posting it on the Internet, man! You can't just post any load of crap out there--there are rules, you know!

I don't see how that's at all possible. I mean, he was posting it on the Internet, man! You can't just post any load of crap out there--there are rules, you know!

heh heh heh...I know, it was on the internet , so it must be true...my apologies....lol

Reminds me of the famous quote by Benjamin Franklin:

Don't believe everything you read on the internet, it's not ALL true.

Or something to that effect.

• Like 2

It may be late in the game now, but go to the Ford Raptor forum for the invoice thread and also in the professional forum there is Harley and other dealers taking orders at/near invoice.

Raptor Dealers Selling Near Invoice (100 pages)

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f212/raptor-dealers-selling-near-invoice-18117/

Matt at Horizon in Seattle

"Thanks to folks on here who found this gem! I talked to 5 dealers here, none wanted to order a Raptor. They all wanted to push me into one with the options I did not want and charge MSRP OR BETTER. I emailed Matt, and the deal was done. One day, $500 over invoice. Outstanding."

3/25/14

Prices being paid for 2014 raptor

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f212/prices-being-paid-2014-raptor-29110/

It may be late in the game now, but go to the Ford Raptor forum for the invoice thread and also in the professional forum there is Harley and other dealers taking orders at/near invoice.

"Thanks to folks on here who found this gem! I talked to 5 dealers here, none wanted to order a Raptor. They all wanted to push me into one with the options I did not want and charge MSRP OR BETTER. I emailed Matt, and the deal was done. One day, $500 over invoice. Outstanding."

3/25/14

still dont beleive it, and I will add, Im talking PRESENT, not PAST...... unless the dealer is absolutely desperate theres no need...let alone completely stupid. We, like most dealers get 1 or two a month, now ask yourself..WHY give it away for what someone states on the internet?.....then again compared with california I would say Seattle borders on a fringe market...but bad business to say the least. As I have previously stated we have been exceedingly inventory short and have been buying out of State and transporting here, we end up IN the Trucks at or over MSRP, and have had no issues moving said trucks....theres also the old, sorry we sold your truck ( better offer...)....OR it takes 4-6 months to get there OR doesnt get built...

Edited by Deanh

3/25/14

oh, I looked briefly, dates go back to 2013....deals WERE better a year ago....we were actually discounting a tad, however once we found out the 14s were it, game changed....after 14 there will be a void, I also have a cliet that will take every one we can get at $1500 over, and thats MSRP , not invoice, however, since the vehicles are so hard to get and allocation sucks, that deal was politely refused...current market is $5000 over MSRP, give or take, some dealers are at 10k...( dis-tasteful i know )

didnt you note anything fishy about this quote?...

$500 over invoice in Atlanta Ga for a new 2014 order. trucks on the lot here locally are priced at $8500 over MSRP......yep, we will sell you ours at $500 over rather than wait and make a boatload more?????????? funny stuff....but its the internet of course...

Look more closely and don't try to dismiss it. There are recent deals in there, too. The "2014 Prices" thread started in November 2013 and ended in February 2014 so that's not a year ago. And the invoice thread goes to present day. It may be too late now for some dealers or not how it works at your dealership, but that's not the point, there are deals.

5/9/2014:

McCombs Ford West, Sanicon1.png Antonio, TX. sells for about a grand over invoice. Got mine at invoice after a little persuasion lol.
Talk to AJ and tell him Joe (2014 Black SCrew) sent you.

5/9/2014:

Blue Flame Metallic, black leather. 801A with remoteicon1.png start, sony, nav, moon roof, spray in liner, front/rear view camera. In the lot , selling at invoice. at dick smith ford.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f212/raptor-dealers-selling-near-invoice-18117/index102.html

Edited by Bryan1

oh, I looked briefly, dates go back to 2013....deals WERE better a year ago...

That might actually explain the guy I was quoting--he posted back in February about the deals he made/found previously, so it's entirely possible that he was doing this when the deals were still available. (Someone had posted that he thought it ridiculous that a Tulsa-area dealer wouldn't budge from nearly $70K on a Raptor; the guy who found the deals posted his story in that thread.)

Then again, he may just have been blowing smoke, though that doesn't seem to be his MO.

Anyone who pays $5k over sticker just isn't very smart, much less $10K. They can be had for MSRP, on the internet and also local here in western PA. A lot of the ones on Ebay have aftermarket superchargers and other "goodies" that are added to raise the price to the $70K range. And btw, those things are a dime a dozen around here, guys buy them and beat the shit out of them in the gas fields.

oh, I looked briefly, dates go back to 2013....deals WERE better a year ago....we were actually discounting a tad, however once we found out the 14s were it, game changed....after 14 there will be a void, I also have a cliet that will take every one we can get at $1500 over, and thats MSRP , not invoice, however, since the vehicles are so hard to get and allocation sucks, that deal was politely refused...current market is $5000 over MSRP, give or take, some dealers are at 10k...( dis-tasteful i know )

Local dealership had 3 of them $1500 of MSRP in April. I had to go back and check my facebook feed because I was sure that I had seen them on sale.

Anyone who pays $5k over sticker just isn't very smart, much less $10K. They can be had for MSRP, on the internet and also local here in western PA. A lot of the ones on Ebay have aftermarket superchargers and other "goodies" that are added to raise the price to the $70K range. And btw, those things are a dime a dozen around here, guys buy them and beat the shit out of them in the gas fields.

welcome to the land of supply and demand...1st come first serve....what do you think of the Auctions that bid off the latest Corvettes and Mustangs...THATS crazy....

So DeanH, how much money are you offering?

my hands are tied...Ive had offers of $1500 and $3000 over MSRP, bothe were politely declined...and I cant blame the Dealer principal, I believe we are only getting 4 or so more for the year....

Look more closely and don't try to dismiss it. There are recent deals in there, too. The "2014 Prices" thread started in November 2013 and ended in February 2014 so that's not a year ago. And the invoice thread goes to present day. It may be too late now for some dealers or not how it works at your dealership, but that's not the point, there are deals.

5/9/2014:

McCombs Ford West, Sanicon1.png Antonio, TX. sells for about a grand over invoice. Got mine at invoice after a little persuasion lol.

Talk to AJ and tell him Joe (2014 Black SCrew) sent you.

5/9/2014:

Blue Flame Metallic, black leather. 801A with remoteicon1.png start, sony, nav, moon roof, spray in liner, front/rear view camera. In the lot , selling at invoice. at dick smith ford.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f212/raptor-dealers-selling-near-invoice-18117/index102.html

two issues there, do they have any ( Texas ) because thats the area WE buy them for approx $1000 below MSRP, so my guess is if they are getting people in at 1k over then they will attempt to make it up on the backend....2nd...Blue Flame, probably been sitting for a LONG time....ask yourself WHY is it being advertised at invoice??????????????? PS Bryan...Dick Smith can say all they want, two things, A) they dont have any and B) their "invoice" pricing on everything else is AFTER rebates...sneaky, plus its perturbing , I dont know about MO laws, but here in CA its ILLEGAL to weven mention the word "invoice" in advertising....

Edited by Deanh