Motortrend Takes A Ride in the 2015 2.3 Mustang

The car 2.3 EB Mustang by Motortrend is clearly set up for track work, with/without a tune should be a weapon in its own right.

on the right track, it should be a great momentum car that scares the daylights out of much fancier competition with way more horsepower...

A car like that appeals to a different type of buyer and that's the point here because Ford wants to grow sales, not simply replace the v6.

You have a good point there but isnt the 3.7 and the endangered list?

You have a good point there but isnt the 3.7 and the endangered list?

Not at all...the 3.7 works good as a base engine for the F-150, or as the top engine in the MKZ or as a base engine for the upcoming MKS. Then you can use it in the MKX, Edge and Explorer. I don't see it going anyway time soon..the 3.5/3.7L still have lots of life in them

• Like 1

Not at all...the 3.7 works good as a base engine for the F-150, or as the top engine in the MKZ or as a base engine for the upcoming MKS. Then you can use it in the MKX, Edge and Explorer. I don't see it going anyway time soon..the 3.5/3.7L still have lots of life in them

The 3.7L will be done in the F150 after the '14 MY as the F150 is going to the 'new' 3.5L.

Schpark, on 16 May 2014 - 2:30 PM, said:snapback.png

Wow. I am getting 22 on a 2003 Taurus with the 3.0 Duratec, how does the newer 3.0 Duratec get less in the Fusion?

I got 22 in my PowerStroke diesel once. Cruising at 55 MPH. After resetting my MPG gauge after I was already up to speed.

Perhaps I wasn't clear. I get 22 mpg average. I get about 26 traveling at 70-75 highway.

Edited by Schpark