Just bought a new 06 Fusion SEL

MGallun

Its sweet, orchard white with tan two tone interior, love it already...

but, any quirks i should know about? look for etc? i had xplan and stuff, after all said and done paid about 21k for it, and got a 1.9 interest rate.. only will pay like 1000 dollars more over the loan period...

aghggh, mine is oxford white.. sorry about mis color name lol... it has cloth tan interior, everyone who sees it is in love with the color, it does seem rather rare, i havent seen a white fusion in milwaukee area yet... and they all like the tan colors inside, two town, darker up top and lighter low, should be a blast keeping clean in winter...

its a v6.. no leather, no moonroof but everything else... whats up with the lights under the side mirrors? i think it adds a coolness as night when i unlock it, maybe help seeing your door when you come to it at night... i love the white thou, the chrome and white together is awesome, i will get some pics tomorrow and post them for ya, including my old baby my 99 SE contour, they didnt want to give me anything for it on trade so i kept it...

...whats up with the lights under the side mirrors? i think it adds a coolness as night when i unlock it, maybe help seeing your door when you come to it at night...

Exactly - "puddle lamps". I think they're sooo cool B)

Looking forward to pix- can you get a shot showing the 2tone effect of the interior? Congrats!

• 2 weeks later...
i havent seen a white fusion in milwaukee area yet... and they all like the tan colors inside, two town, darker up top and lighter low, should be a blast keeping clean in winter...

Speaking as someone who has owned tan-interiored cars in the past, do yourself a HUGE favor and buy rubber floormats for the winter months. It keeps the floor looking much nicer.

Speaking as someone who has owned tan-interiored cars in the past, do yourself a HUGE favor and buy rubber floormats for the winter months. It keeps the floor looking much nicer.

oh ya, that i will do!, dont want to ruin my carpet and floormats.

You guyes are nuts . That fusion is made in mexico,Go ahead and buy

some more of them maby your job will head south like mine did . Wake

up and spend your money in the USA and it will come back to you

some day maby your chrildren will enjoy the new computor your taxes

paid for by bying a new ford here in the USA,, get a life, Wake up

Which is worse, losing your job to Mexico, or losing your job to Bankruptcy? Does it matter?

I dont see my job headding to mexico... I don't ASK for more money than I'm worth (pay for perfomance, not seniority). I PAY money towards my benefits ($40 per paycheck... 80 per month). And I have to SAVE for my retirement (401k).

Anyone who thinkt they can get a ton of moeny to put screws in, free benefits and a fully paid retirement without fear of the company some day not being able to afford them is a moron as far as im concerend.

I know this will light a fire under some peoples' asses... but I dont really car.

Ford and GM have for too long let the UAW rape them without the vasaline. If I were in charge of Ford I woul file for bankruptcy now to get out of the union contracts. THen hire workers at a fair rate (not more than $20 an hour to bolt shit together) make them contribute to their medical. And offer them a 401k with UP TO $1500 a year matching contributions.

I dont give a shit where my car was built. Its put together alot better than my mom's 03 SVT Focus, and her 00 focus, and he 96 windstar, and her 93 explorer all were. You can build a good vehicle for not alot of money. And I still support an american company who employs thousands of americans... but not the union ones. I dont belive in unions these days. There is no need for a union today. Maybe 50 years there was, but not today.

So, should we just say screw all the American suppliers who have plants in the US who contribute parts to the Fusion?

Just because final assembly is in Mexico, doesn't mean many American families don't benefit from the sale of each Fusion.

My Edge will be built in Canada. You saying loosing a job to Canada was OK, they've been getting them for years. But Mexico isn't good?

Hey, should be grateful I'm still sticking with Ford. It's the loyal Ford fans that's keeping them going. Until the Fusion came out, Ford had very few conquest sales from other brands.

I have a life, iam awake, i saw a car that is build very well, it has parts from US, Mexico and all over.. like the other person said, tell the freaking UAW to ask 40 bucks a hour to put bolts in... or maybe the US government could help out like the japanese government does for their companies.

If iam not mistaken, toyota and honda dont have unions, their workers get what they get and are happy, unions keep trying to get raises for people, which makes them think they deserve alot more, ford and gm have to give in to make their cars and wham bam.. i dont have a union, some say they are great, but what i just posted is the opinnion i got from others who have left unions, got sick of raising union dues and shit.

and i know some may think this is racisit or wrong, but you see how them gringos come up in states wanting work and they will work hard for nothing? well, they must be loving that job down their making fusions, because these things are build tight... may be a better option then some disgruntled us worker who thinks they are worth more than they are, not getting paid and doing a half assed job.. not saying all are like this, but i gurantee alot are.

just opinnions guys, but more people i talk to it seems legit.

Why would my children enjoy a new computer my taxes paid for when I bought the computer with my own money? I don't see your logic here.

And my job can't "go south" -- members of media don't have that issue because they can't outsource the news that easily.

Anyhow, if I went strictly "buy American," I'd be in a Pontiac G6 right now; perhaps a Malibu. That means one less sale for Ford, just so we're clear.

The Fusion is made in Mexico with only 20% US-made content. The Accord is made in the USA with 60%-65% US-made content. So where do you want your money to go? Who is putting Americans to work? Sure, I understand the need to price the Fusion competitively, but getting rid of the job pool or job bank or whatever-the-hell it's called to pay people to sit on their duffs would surely bring a ton of savings. THAT's the type of "tough decisions" Billy needs to make. That, and having someone other than Zippy the Chimp making product decisions. :doh:

Anything can be outsourced except government and health care workers. Personally, I hope your job is next.

I'd disagree -- if the local TV station needs reporters to cover local issues and get footage, how the heck could they outsource that? Same with the local newspaper.

People may like the New York Times and NBC News, but they also need their local news.

Geeez - U.S. factories have been sending millions of Fords to Mexico for DECADES already.

Ever heard of the Internet? It's really starting to catch on. You don't need local anything anymore. ;)

Fair point, but let me address it:

Imagine if there was no local newspaper or television media. Who would you turn to for information relating to your town? Who's covering the local city council without inputting their opinion? Who is keeping track of things in a fair manner?

Fair point, but let me address it:

Imagine if there was no local newspaper or television media. Who would you turn to for information relating to your town? Who's covering the local city council without inputting their opinion? Who is keeping track of things in a fair manner?

Plus you'd still need people employed in your local town to actually cover the news that gets onto the internet. We'd still need teachers, truck drivers, mass transport workers, janitors, hotel workers, restaurant workers, etc etc etc. The whole country can't be outsourced, too much chicken little talk around here.

I guess the point is that there are plenty of brick-and-mortar stores that need people to be there in the store, because the means of outsourcing outweigh the ends of efficiency and cheapness.

If I went to a restaurant in Kansas, how would they outsource the waiter, busboy and cook?

I'd say the people who can be outsourced are the ones who build a physical product that could be tooled and built by anyone in the world for the company. Note the key point of "tooled and built by anyone in the world."

That's why the local media can't be outsourced. Same with some (but not all) service industries.

I don't watch local news or read the local paper. I get enough doom and gloom from this site.

Does your local city matter to you, or do you live in an isolated manner? Alternatively, do you get your local news from other people via word-of-mouth?

Yeah, CNN can tell you the Crocodile Hunter is dead (thanks to links with the AP and Reuters), but CNN doesn't have the interest in giving in-depth coverage of your local political race or about where the local shootings happened. (The latter you may want to avoid -- the former possibly too)