vinyl roof MKZ

When I bought my 03 LS there was one on the lot with a vinyl roof and I rmember thinking "will this worn out style ever die". I had cars that had vinyl roofs in the 70's and 80's but not unlike the Crager SS wheels I see them as part of an era, and that era has come and gone.

Back in 1999 when the 2000 Lincoln LS came out, then VP of marketing Jim Rogers told dealers that if he saw a new LS with a dealer added vinyl roof that he would come after them with a baseball bat. And apparently he did have "discussions" with some of those dealers although he certainly didn't have a legal leg to stand on to prevent it.

Jim was great. He was on the edmunds forum back then and when I was trying to order my LS they had changed the dark red color from Cordovan to Autumn Red. But nobody had a sample of Autumn Red so I could make sure it was ok before I ordered it. Jim personally sent me a paint sample via mail. Now that was service......

Back in 1999 when the 2000 Lincoln LS came out, then VP of marketing Jim Rogers told dealers that if he saw a new LS with a dealer added vinyl roof that he would come after them with a baseball bat. And apparently he did have "discussions" with some of those dealers although he certainly didn't have a legal leg to stand on to prevent it.

Jim was great. He was on the edmunds forum back then and when I was trying to order my LS they had changed the dark red color from Cordovan to Autumn Red. But nobody had a sample of Autumn Red so I could make sure it was ok before I ordered it. Jim personally sent me a paint sample via mail. Now that was service......

Found it on edmunds - April 2001:

jroger19 Posts: 27

I just got back from another business trip and read with horror about the various Lincoln LS's seen with cloth/vinyl etc. roofs. Anyone who sees one at a dealer, please let me know who that dealer is at jroger19@ford.com.