Steeda dynos 2015 Mustang GT

:censored: that :censored: !

(True story: I almost applied there and FSU. Decided not to continue with the application since Florida pays schoolteachers horribly, which would not have made the wife very happy.)

I thought everyone paid schoolteachers horribly. There's no way I would do what they do for that kind of money! It takes a special type of person to be a schoolteacher, and I'm not one of them special types of people!

What do you teach?

• Like 1

I thought everyone paid schoolteachers horribly. There's no way I would do what they do for that kind of money! It takes a special type of person to be a schoolteacher, and I'm not one of them special types of people!

What do you teach?

At the time that I was doing my research on salaries, out of all 51 states-plus-DC, Florida's salary average was 50th. And in the two counties where UF and FSU are located, my wife would have taken a HUGE pay cut coming from Maryland.

I teach Spanish at the collegiate level, so schoolteacher salaries don't matter to my wallet. But my wife, who is affected more by teaching salaries, teaches math.

At the time that I was doing my research on salaries, out of all 51 states-plus-DC, Florida's salary average was 50th. And in the two counties where UF and FSU are located, my wife would have taken a HUGE pay cut coming from Maryland.

I teach Spanish at the collegiate level, so schoolteacher salaries don't matter to my wallet. But my wife, who is affected more by teaching salaries, teaches math.

Gotcha...that explains why your wife would be upset.

Based on your earlier post, maybe you should ask your wife for math lessons. :hysterical::hysterical:

I kid, I kid...

• Like 1

Gotcha...that explains why your wife would be upset.

Based on your earlier post, maybe you should ask your wife for math lessons. :hysterical::hysterical:

I kid, I kid...

No, I know my math. I just decided to let someone else think for me earlier instead of going by what I knew was the right answer.

(I'm actually better at math than my wife... my earlier arithmetic snafu notwithstanding)

No, I know my math. I just decided to let someone else think for me earlier instead of going by what I knew was the right answer.

(I'm actually better at math than my wife... my earlier arithmetic snafu notwithstanding)

Too much Spanish will do that to you!

I will make sure not to tell your wife you said that. :)

I blame the Spanish myself. I have a whiteboard in my office and find myself doing antiderivatives on it from time to time just to make sure I don't lose it. :hysterical:

(You can tell her if you want to. She knows. lol)

Ha ha! I actually miss Calculus some times. After having so many math classes in college and it being a part of my life for so long, I feel lost without it at times. In my every day programming job, i + 1 is about as complex as my math gets nowadays. I love doing math problems for fun to keep my mind fresh.

• Like 1

I'm a mustang enthusiast seriously considering buying one in the next 12 months. I don't care how it tested against the Camaro or anything else. I care about how it looks, drives and the price.

For once I agree with you, and I too am planning on ordering a 2016 Mustang GT in about a year. It reminds me of my '67 Fastback, only modern and even sexier, with a way better engine, trans. and suspension, not to mention the beautiful interior, safety features and better mileage. :) Now if I could just figure out how to get it in Dark Moss Green (1967 color, similar to, but different than, Bullitt's Dark Highland) like my old 390 GTA.

Just to get back on topic, all the sales guys I've talked to at 4 or 5 different dealerships are really amazed at the buzz about the new Mustang, with lots of guys coming by and calling in every day to see if they have one. So far they are pretty rare in Nor Cal, with only one dealership having one when I swung by, and it was a Plain Jane, Rental Fleet Special White V6 with one option, and automatic transmission.

It looks like it will be a couple months before the supply gets to the point where we can gauge how sales are going to go. I would think it will at least do as well as the previous version, hopefully much better, as it is a way better product. The rollout just seams a little slow.

Edited by traxiii

Just to get back on topic, all the sales guys I've talked to at 4 or 5 different dealerships are really amazed at the buzz about the new Mustang, with lots of guys coming by and calling in every day to see if they have one.

I guess they didn't hear about how it's a terrible, slow, disappointing piece of garbage........

Ha ha! I actually miss Calculus some times.

I sometimes miss calculus, too. Then I remember to adjust my scope for range, bullet weight, and powder load, and I'm right back on target! ;)

About the only thing I really found interesting in calc was seeing the relationship between area and volume through integration, particularly going from circles to spheres. That and the humor:

Q: What's the indefinite integral of 1/(cabin) d(cabin)?

A: Houseboat -- ln(cabin) + C

Edited by SoonerLS

I missed out on a lot of the beauty of calculus by having a thundering dunderhead teaching Calc II.

At the time, the university had three or four profs that taught Calc II, and you didn't know who they were based on the fall schedule. You paid your dollar and took your chance. The two worst were the "Killer Bs", a couple of superannuated dolts from the Comp Sci (!) department who might have been in college when ENIAC was operational (no exaggeration). Both their last names ended in "B", and the one I got taught me absolutely NOTHING. In my entire college career, I only once failed to finish a final exam, and it was his--and that was after staying up the entire night and doing every fourth problem in the sections we'd covered during the semester.

Edited by RichardJensen

Calculus was the only class I got a C in. My teacher was terrible. I never got the concepts and I was terrible at memorizing things. My teacher was also horrible. Small Junior College. He would literally start at one end of the chalkboard and wrap around to another wall, then stop, scratch his head, realize he made a mistake 15 minutes ago and start over. Worst class ever.

I always did well in calculus. Even got an A in multivariable calc my sophomore year of college.

Still have no idea how I ended up with a D in linear algebra though.

I took linear algebra after calculus at UGA. Easiest class ever. All we did was matrix multiplication and stuff like that. I was shocked it was that easy since Calculus was a prereq.

I sometimes miss calculus, too. Then I remember to adjust my scope for range, bullet weight, and powder load, and I'm right back on target! ;)

Speaking of, have you tried the ballistics calculator on Winchester's site? It's pretty darn awesome:

http://www.winchester.com/learning-center/ballistics-calculator/Pages/ballistics-calculator.aspx

or

http://ballisticscalculator.winchester.com/

My company does quite a bit of work for Winchester, and some of my coworkers developed the ballistics calculator. I would have really liked to have worked on that project, but my 'make it pretty' skills are severely lacking. :)

My lowest exam grade EVER came on my first exam in college, Calc I. 46%. I was absolutely devastated (I had to keep a 3.75 GPA to keep my scholarships) and thought I was in the wrong place. Then I learned more about the prof and how he graded on a curve. I somehow got an A in the class never scoring higher than a 75% on any exam.

Calc II was the worst though. The concepts were so 'out there' and hard to grasp.

Calc II was the worst though. The concepts were so 'out there' and hard to grasp.

Weird--I got a B in Honors Calc II because I wrote a paper on chaos theory. I couldn't tell you anything else I learned in that class, despite going on to take Calc III and Engineering Math I.

Engine Math was one of those mixed bag courses like Richard mentioned. There were two sections, a day class taught by the chair of the math department and a night class taught by an adjunct. There were several differences--the math chair taught 200+ students in a huge amphitheater-style classroom that was not-so-lovingly known as "the Gladiator Pit," and he took attendance (which counted as part of your grade). When I was taking it, they had an interview with him, and he bragged about liking the big classes. The adjunct taught about 30 students in a tiny classroom, and he let you be responsible for your attendance.

Oh, and there was another big difference. The adjunct could do something the chair couldn't: he could teach. I was (briefly) in the chair's class, and I dropped it like it was hot. I got into the adjunct's section through sheer tenacity; he had standing room only crowds trying to get into his class--literally, the people waiting for slots to open stood along the walls in the classroom and out in the hall. In a classroom that seated 30 students, he'd regularly have 50 or more students for the first few sessions...

I took linear algebra after calculus at UGA. Easiest class ever. All we did was matrix multiplication and stuff like that. I was shocked it was that easy since Calculus was a prereq.

When I took it at Virginia Tech, I stupidly decided to take the honors section which met TR at 8 AM. I overslept for one class and never ever recovered.

We went far beyond what the regular class did, as I had friends take that and I, though pulling a solid D in my own class, was able to help them immensely.