Fastest van track battle: Transit vs Sprinter

I see Transit Connects everywhere, but they are all commercial versions. I will keep my eyes open for a "retail" version.

American Top Gear can be very funny if you don't watch it expecting to learn anything about cars. They are very creative about their stupidity, and I have had numerous occasions where I literally could not breathe from laughing so hard. That said, I can only take them in small doses now and then. Over the top stupidity is not something that I usually seek out. For instance, I cannot stand "Dumb and Dumber" and think that everyone involved in that movie should be killed with fire. :)

• Like 1

I see Transit Connects everywhere, but they are all commercial versions. I will keep my eyes open for a "retail" version.

American Top Gear can be very funny if you don't watch it expecting to learn anything about cars. They are very creative about their stupidity, and I have had numerous occasions where I literally could not breathe from laughing so hard. That said, I can only take them in small doses now and then. Over the top stupidity is not something that I usually seek out. For instance, I cannot stand "Dumb and Dumber" and think that everyone involved in that movie should be killed with fire. :)

The majority of TCs I've seen have been the commercial version, but I've seen 2 retail/passenger ones recently though.

I hear you with the top gear....I'm with you regarding stupid to be stupid. I'm not a big fan of the U.S. top gear.

And ditto regarding the dumb and dumber. Why anyone thinks that'll do well is beyond me. (For te record, I'm not a will Ferrell fan either.....he seems to specialize in "stupid let's be idiots" comedy.)

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 1

The majority of TCs I've seen have been the commercial version, but I've seen 2 retail/passenger ones recently though.

I hear you with the top gear....I'm with you regarding stupid to be stupid. I'm not a big fan of the U.S. top gear.

And ditto regarding the dumb and dumber. Why anyone thinks that'll do well is beyond me. (For te record, I'm not a will Ferrell fan either.....he seems to specialize in "stupid let's be idiots" comedy.)

I find that many prepubescent and adolescent males really like the original Dumb and Dumber. Well, that and many men from all age brackets. I watched about 20 minutes of it before I wanted to poke my eyes out with dull forks. Will Ferrel ranks right up there with Jim Carrey (sp?). Well I liked him in the Mask, as it suited his over the top acting, I will avoid his movies like Ebola.

(My husband and his best friend love Dumb and Dumber. Paint me dumbfounded. :) )

Edited by Extreme4x4

In somewhat related news:

Saw my first new Transit Connect on the road today, and it was surprisingly a window-van model that had been sold retail.

They had half a dozen of the new passenger version Transit Connect rentals at Camp Rapid this summer for transporting soldiers around. Edited by 2005Explorer

I find that many prepubescent and adolescent males really like the original Dumb and Dumber. Well, that and many men from all age brackets. I watched about 20 minutes of it before I wanted to poke my eyes out with dull forks. Will Ferrel ranks right up there with Jim Carrey (sp?). Well I liked him in the Mask, as it suited his over the top acting, I will avoid his movies like Ebola.

(My husband and his best friend love Dumb and Dumber. Paint me dumbfounded. :) )

Definitely a guy thing, although there are limits. Sometimes stupid is really really funny and sometimes it's just....stupid. My wife is as dumbfounded as you are about it sometimes.

Here is a great example. This is one of my absolute favorite commercials. Guys think it's hilarious. My wife thinks its stupid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSTpMQAGPv0

• Like 1

Weird--I generally can't stand Carrey or Ferrel, either. You made it farther into Dumb and Dumber than I did, though.