Re: Ecosport... Crossover boom moves downscale; Toyota plans to join stampede

2015 Chevrolet Trax

Autoblog

"Routed to a six-speed autobox and pushing 2,805 pounds of curb weight in the front-drive configuration I sampled, the blown four sounded rough when the throttle was opened up and didn't have much in the way of guts, either."

Take your time, Ford. :)

I think you are right about Ford taking it's time.

Thing is, I think Chevy is going to sell a lot of these.

These B-segment CUVs are roughly where the C-segment CUVs were a decade ago in terms of size.

Trax/Encore is about the same size as PT Cruiser.

CX-3 is within a whisker of the original RAV4.

Jeep Renegade is nearly identical in size to the 4 door XJ Cherokee.

to people with 500 credit scores? All I have to say is that the Trax is pretty damn ugly looking. Looks like a runt equinox...and that isn't a complement

If GM doesn't any have problem selling Encore with ATP near $24k, it will have no problem selling Trax for $20k.

• Like 1

to people with 500 credit scores? All I have to say is that the Trax is pretty damn ugly looking. Looks like a runt equinox...and that isn't a complement

I'm not keen on any of the vehicles in this segment yet. They all look like something from Tonka. That new Jeep has to be one of the goofiest looking things in a long time. But you know what?...They are going to sell a ton of them as well.

Instead of following everybody, I'd like Ford to use the B-Max sliding B-pillar body technique, for slider access. The Escape can use standard doors, but the rear doors in these new small sleds look too small, IMHO.

Sliding doors are expensive, plus the moment you have sliding doors -- you have a minivan and 95% of the population never looks at it again and the ones that do say this is way to small for a minivan.

If I remember correctly, isnt this a Daewood platform originally?

Trax is a GM Gamma II vehicle. Gamma I was engineered by GM Europe and Gamma II was engineered by GM Korea. The only thing left over from Daewoo in the GM line up worldwide is the Chinese Buick Excel and its low cost cousin Baojun 630/610.

u_20130201104003435264.jpgu_20120801162406613264.jpgu_201405301426107200.jpg

Edited by bzcat
  • Like 1

And other news really attributed to GM this last month is that they are going to take on the Wrangler, Rolls Royce, the Mercedes CLA, Range Rover, and build a mid-engine Corvette along with the current front engine model. Soon Vespa will have to figure out how to make their scooters crossovers. Why does a hipster in Austin need AWD and extended ground clearance? Darn it to heck, this is the last part of the country where Town Cars are considered perfectly functional.

Edited by TBirdStangSkyliner