My Gosh.. - 2015 Chevy Spark EV - $139 a month, 39 months, $0 down...

blwnsmoke

This is why I don't like using government rebates to subsidize leases. People who buy these will do so because they're cheap not because they want a green vehicle. And when the lease is up they'll go back to whatever is cheap then.

This is the Volt all over again, the only way GM can attract buyers is to basically give them away and get the government to subsidize the lot.

I'm all for new technology but the emphasis on gas free mileage is a bit wrong when we should be doing more to make hybrids more attractive.

Low cost hybrids that give 50 mpg or even 60 mpg combined would be a more use and cause permanent change in the industry.

This is why I don't like using government rebates to subsidize leases. People who buy these will do so because they're cheap not because they want a green vehicle. And when the lease is up they'll go back to whatever is cheap then.

This is why I don't like using Govt rebate to subsidize pickup trucks. People who buy these will do so because they can get Sec 179 depreciation not because they want a big truck. And when the vehicle is fully depreciated they will go back to whatever is cheap then.

;)

Argument sounds pretty silly when you change "green vehicle" with something else eh?

Edited by bzcat
  • Like 1

This is why I don't like using Govt rebate to subsidize pickup trucks. People who buy these will do so because they can get Sec 179 depreciation not because they want a big truck. And when the vehicle is fully depreciated they will go back to whatever is cheap then.

;)

Argument sounds pretty silly when you change "green vehicle" with something else eh?

But that Section 179 only applies if the truck is used for business.

Charging a vehicle with electricity is still more efficient even if coal fired than using gasoline,

Nuclear power, hybro electric, even large solar farms are possible.

;)

Not at all. I'm not in favor of any government subsidy for any vehicle, trucks included.

• 2 weeks later...