'16 MKX Reviews by Autoblog

Seems like the guy really liked it. And no mention of Edge whatsoever. He didn't even mention how it had MyLincoln Touch instead of SYNC3.

I didn't understand the complaint about the center console bin (it's also in one of the "shortcuts" at the bottom of the article. It's really no different than many other bin covers. But hey, if that's all they had to complain about....

I think it looks fantastic, hopefully it does well for the brand.

I just read the article in my morning auto-news-site rounds, and it was very positive. I'm hoping that Lincoln will continue to make each new model better developed than the last, which has seemed to be the case starting with the MKZ, then the MKC, and now the MKX. The Navigator doesn't count, as its update was just a fairly involved band-aid treatment.

Most importantly, though, the lack of mentions of the Edge might mean that Lincoln is finally giving their vehicles that intangible luxury experience...something admittedly harder than ever to accomplish when "typical" models have so many features available.

This writer doesn't seem pre-disposed to disliking Lincoln or parroting what other journalists like to write, but that won't stop others from continuing to complain about MLT and platform sharing.

Every writer has biases - some put them aside for objective reporting and some seem to celebrate them.

If you complain about platform sharing, then give specific examples where it's a bad thing, that's fine. But when you complain about platform sharing but can't find anything specific to complain about it - or worse, give it a glowing review - then that's just wrong.