2016 Civic... Honda's back.

blazerdude20

Back to 'no standard auto', welcome to 2 years ago, Civic has had CVT since then, no conventional torque converter automatic starting 2014 models.

I apologize for being out of the loop. I never shop Honda.

And I don't equate a CVT as being a standard automatic.

Edited by Pioneer
  • Like 2

I have a buddy at work who has the last generation. And Ford got bashed for Mercury, Lincoln. Man alive the only changes were the badges. I'm been factious of course.

I sat in a first-generation ILX at the Philadelphia Auto Show soon after it debuted. It was more than a rebadge of the Honda Civic.

The big problem was that, even just sitting in it, I could tell that this car was priced about $4,000 too high.

Edited by grbeck
  • Like 1

With Honda/Toyota/Nissan adding so much equipment, their luxury makes are redundant. But, badge buyers will want a 'lux make' or get laughed at by peers.

Agreed. I always found it shocking (when they were the same size) that people would buy a low end Lexus ES when you could buy a loaded and more nicely equipped Camry XLE for thousands less. Can't imagine paying thousands just to have a luxury name stamped on the front.

Agreed. I always found it shocking (when they were the same size) that people would buy a low end Lexus ES when you could buy a loaded and more nicely equipped Camry XLE for thousands less. Can't imagine paying thousands just to have a luxury name stamped on the front.

You're also getting a very different level of service with a Lexus dealer as opposed to a Toyota dealer. For some people, that's important.

• Like 1

Back to topic, the new Civic looks good, but the C pillar extra window looks like an old Chevy Citation 4 door hatch back, and it's a trunk instead. Also reminds me of the 1978-79 Cutlass Salon "Aero-back", non-hatch fastback sedans.

Or, some Rover 5 door hatchbacks from the 80's. Or even an old SAAB?

Edited by 630land

What's worse is that this car effectively makes the Acura ILX even more pointless.

Indeed. The freshened MY 2016 Acura ILX is still an underwhelming and overpriced product. The tenth gen Civic seems to be a superior car in every way.

Consumer Reports just tested the 2016 ILX and summarized it as such:

Highs: None

Lows: Stiff ride, loud cabin, access, controls, overpriced for what you get

Edited by aneekr
  • Like 1

Indeed. The freshened MY 2016 Acura ILX is still an underwhelming and overpriced product. The tenth gen Civic seems to be a superior car in every way.

Consumer Reports just tested the 2016 ILX and summarized it as such:

Highs: None

Lows: Stiff ride, loud cabin, access, controls, overpriced for what you get

And that is the ILX that features several revisions designed to address criticisms of the original ILX. Ouch...