Ford and UAW reach tentative agreement

Pinto'77

They can keep the $1500 loan on my profit sharing check. This contract is an insult to every dues paying member. If we don't get "ours" now while profits are at record highs we will NEVER get it. So much for the IUAW's speech of items "Our Time"..

But if you listen to "Long Forker DTP Final" we should all vote yes on this proposal.

Wheres the insult? Im sure with your skills you can quit and go anywhere and make as much or more right?

Wheres the insult? Im sure with your skills you can quit and go anywhere and make as much or more right?

I'm guessing you feel this is a good contract?? You think the raises for the legacy workers is fair? And 8 years for tier 2's to reach a scale that's not even equal to the legacy workers. Whatever happened to "an equal days pay for an equals day work", isn't that one of the things the union stands for?? And you also think that if you're working in a parts plant that you should be at an even lower pay scale?? Yeah sure sounds like a great contract to me..Really??

• Like 1

"Ford and UAW reach one of the richest agreements in their history with bigger bonuses than GM or FCA".

Bullshit, if they restore all that we've lost and add one cent then they can say that it is the richest agreement in their history. How can the bonus be bigger when part of it is our profit sharing?

What about the retirees, did they get anything?

Annual inflation bonus of $1,500 = Screwing the retirees. When we got cola the first cola raise was

deferred to the retirees so that they could get a raise.

• Like 1

I'm guessing you feel this is a good contract?? You think the raises for the legacy workers is fair? And 8 years for tier 2's to reach a scale that's not even equal to the legacy workers. Whatever happened to "an equal days pay for an equals day work", isn't that one of the things the union stands for?? And you also think that if you're working in a parts plant that you should be at an even lower pay scale?? Yeah sure sounds like a great contract to me..Really??

It took me 3 years 16 years ago to reach full pay. Nobody gave a shit about that.

Equal pay? Assemblers make less than manufacturing, and they make less than team leaders. How many people do you know that get equal pay but dont do equal work? FMLA, restrictions, people slow the job down to get better jobs. Equal pay for equal work has been dead for a long time.

Like I said if its an insult go get another job. Im sure places are lining up to give you a signing bonus, the best medical, and great wages for having no skills whatsoever.

Edited by 182

"Ford and UAW reach one of the richest agreements in their history with bigger bonuses than GM or FCA".

Bullshit, if they restore all that we've lost and add one cent then they can say that it is the richest agreement in their history. How can the bonus be bigger when part of it is our profit sharing?

What about the retirees, did they get anything?

Annual inflation bonus of $1,500 = Screwing the retirees. When we got cola the first cola raise was

deferred to the retirees so that they could get a raise.

Im tired of hearing about retirees. They get a pension and made a shit load of money for a long time. Should have saved more.

Get over it. You dont work here anymore and dont contribute anything to the company.

• Like 1

And you know what else? The Mexicans seems to be able to build a great car. People have no issues with it. And they get paid nothing to do it. And there really isnt anything other than the UAW that can TRY to stop Ford from building everything there. You saw how quickly the truck plants changed over? One at a time to Mexico. No big deal. All the new engine and trans lines are bolted to the floor. Can be picked up and moved in a second if the decision is made.

Edited by 182

Maybe you REALLY should just quit then. You sound like a teenaged girl.

And you know what else? The Mexicans seems to be able to build a great car. People have no issues with it. And they get paid nothing to do it. And there really isnt anything other than the UAW that can TRY to stop Ford from building everything there. You saw how quickly the truck plants changed over? One at a time to Mexico. No big deal. All the new engine and trans lines are bolted to the floor. Can be picked up and moved in a second if the decision is made.

So see if you can get a transfer down to the engine plant in Chihuahua Mexico if you think they make such a great car and live off their wages. I'm sure they would be happy to have a Gringo working next to them. If you think the IUAW has any influence or can stand in the way of companies shifting work down to Mexico you're crazy, do you honestly think the Big 3 gives a damn if the IUAW objects to them shifting work down there? If they want to shift work down there, their going to do it regardless of what the IUAW says about it.

The IUAW has influence but they didn't use it to address moving jobs out of the country. Guess our VCAP didn't rally against NAFTA either. Never saw an ad campaign, bumper sticker, tv commercial, etc, from either group. They were probably too busy campaigning for Obamacare.

I think uaw miscalculated this one too,so basically 500 bucks more then GM,why forward the profit sharing?do they think everyone is broke?Gm gave there worker's an extra $2500 last year contractually they didn't have to give,Ford dont want to give you shit,It just seems they don't appreciate the worker.$500 bucks,ha ha

The $1500 advance on your profit sharing is an insult.That being said overall the contract is just about the same as GM.If anyone thought we would get back all we lost they were delusional.With the the way our politicians have opened the floodgate of unfair trade and union busting we as union members do not have the muscle we once did.Including the vast majority of the public are against us.The advance on our profit sharing is not an issue worth striking over because if they did not offer it our signing bonus would be $8500.Everyone just salivating over wanted to go on strike better really think about if we would really get anything more.Remember the golden rule"the ones with the gold rule" and that is because we have let the rich steal vast sums of money,outsource jobs, break unions and have let them get away with it.Is it a great contract ? NO it is not but at least it is starting to go in the right direction and they did not take anything away from us that sounds crappy and it is but it is just the reality in anti union,anti worker america.

• Like 5

I'm voting Yes! Blessed are the Meek for they will inherit the Earth!

Chassisgroupleader.....Meek in your quote means "poor". By voting "yes" will make you "poor" ......the day that the powers that be "re-open" back up this contract while you were sleeping. ....and really put it to you, by lets say........"reverting" on every freaking thing that they originally said they would agree too? Your setting yourself up to really be in poverty, so that meesly "carrot" that they are sticking out to you is gonna be "put to you" (I'm keeping it clean as I can) down the road. My .02. I'm voting no.

• Like 2

The last opening of the contract was opened without a vote of the highest authority..... This contract language just pulls that illegal opening of that last contract into the "the membership agreed on it" state of legalese.

Once again it even insults the level of intelligence of the sheep.... Here is a $10K signing bonus but its got $1500 of your money wrapped up in it.

Give them the legal right to open up the contract and they give us our money? After taxes 10K turns into $6400 because Ford will tax everyone at the highest legal level. So our $1500 is just gone and sits in Fords tax account to collect interest for 180 days. Such a deal....?

Not doubting what you are saying , but we havent seen anything in writing yet, where are we getting the they have the authority to re-open the healthcare after 2 years? Is that in the Chrysler & GM & I missed it?