One for the Panther Mafia

I'm in the "either can't hear the difference or doesn't care" category. Thank goodness. I have enough things that I do care about - can't afford any more.

I laugh at my audiophile friends that buy ceramic holders to keep the speaker wires off the carpet to eliminate static electricity. Then again they probably laugh at me when it takes me 3 months to rebuild my deck because every board has to fit precisely and every design choice has to be perfect.

Eh...

MP3 is recycled paper

FLAC is nice cardstock

They both "work" but one feels a little better...but alot of people don't/can't appreciate it.

Agreed. I use both depending on what I'm doing. When I'm recording/mixing stuff, I use WAV, and occasionally FLAC. For ripping CDs or just listening to stuff I've mixed, I mix it down to MP3.

I'm in the "either can't hear the difference or doesn't care" category. Thank goodness. I have enough things that I do care about - can't afford any more.

I laugh at my audiophile friends that buy ceramic holders to keep the speaker wires off the carpet to eliminate static electricity. Then again they probably laugh at me when it takes me 3 months to rebuild my deck because every board has to fit precisely and every design choice has to be perfect.

Yeah, audiophiles are irritating. I can use science to poke holes in all of their little theories. I have a friend who has literally made people try to kill him because he's so ruthless about proving some of those fools wrong.

It's not necessarily the type of wire, it's the gauge of wire that matters more.

Yeah, audiophiles are irritating. I can use science to poke holes in all of their little theories. I have a friend who has literally made people try to kill him because he's so ruthless about proving some of those fools wrong.

It's not necessarily the type of wire, it's the gauge of wire that matters more.

One of my old audiophile friends built his own speaker drivers. He would tune them down to the single digit number of copper wire windings.

I have to agree with you...audiophiles take things to a whole new level. As for FLAC vs MP3, there is an slight improvement, if you have decent gear to listen to it on..which itself becomes a slippery slope itself. But the difference isn't dramatic enough like going from SD to HDTV...so most people don't care.

Put me into I don't mind spending slightly more for "good" gear and equipment vs saying buying a set of Beats headphones which are just crap. I got a entry level audiophile grade set of Sennheiser headphones for almost 1/2 off from amazon warehouse deals expecting the worse with them (according the description) but they where brand new in a box with zero damage to them!

I have to agree with you...audiophiles take things to a whole new level. As for FLAC vs MP3, there is an slight improvement, if you have decent gear to listen to it on..which itself becomes a slippery slope itself. But the difference isn't dramatic enough like going from SD to HDTV...so most people don't care.

Put me into I don't mind spending slightly more for "good" gear and equipment vs saying buying a set of Beats headphones which are just crap. I got a entry level audiophile grade set of Sennheiser headphones for almost 1/2 off from amazon warehouse deals expecting the worse with them (according the description) but they where brand new in a box with zero damage to them!

Same here. I have a Denon/PSB home theater setup that I love. I spent around $3500 including 2 subs and the mid level Denon receiver. That's a lot to some people who would be just as happy with a $500 HTIB, but I can definitely hear and enjoy the difference. OTOH I couldn't justify spending more than that on truly top end components.

My wife OTOH would be just as happy using the TV speakers. Go figure.

• 2 weeks later...