Ford to make large manufacturing investment announcement on 3/28

Do they make the current 3.5/3.7? My understanding the 3.3 is just a smaller 3.5 engine.

Most sites list the Duratec 35 at both Lima and Cleveland No 1. Then again, most sites including Ford's still list the Modular 4.6 and 5.4 at Windsor. Is Cleveland 3.5 EB only?

Engines and transmission are the least transparent as where they're built is concerned in the Ford universe. I still have no idea what transmissions are built where except for the 10 speed (Livonia) since that's been so highly publicized here locally. I think the 5M is built at Van Dyke and I know the 6R for the F-series and Mustang are also built at Livonia

Engines I have a little more of an idea, 5.0 is Windsor, 5.2FPC is Romeo, 2.3EB and 3.5EB is Cleveland, 2.7EB is Lima, and the 2.0GDI is Dearborn.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

Speaking of transmissions, I also saw that some Getrag MT82s are built in Liverpool, England. I assume those are for Euro trucks and that might include some T6 Rangers, perhaps those built in South Africa? The Europeans are very protective about where materials are sourced. I ran into that in my prior life when designing pressure parts for boilers that were supplied to that market. The MT82 used in the Mustang comes from China. Is it safe to assume that if the NA Ranger gets the MT82 it will come from China as well?

Just did today! Not a whole lot has changed recently

You might want to revisit the 6.2 comment for Romeo.

I also noticed you still list the 5.4 for Windsor. I thought the last vehicle to get that was the E-series but the 2017 specs for the E-series cutaway only list the 6.2L flex fuel V8 and the 6.8L V10.

Hey, I'm retired and it's raining like hell. :)

• Like 1

You might want to revisit the 6.2 comment for Romeo.

I also noticed you still list the 5.4 for Windsor. I thought the last vehicle to get that was the E-series but the 2017 specs for the E-series cutaway only list the 6.2L flex fuel V8 and the 6.8L V10.

Hey, I'm retired and it's raining like hell. :)

Thanks for the tip, I was probably thinking of the old 6.7 from the Raptor, not 6.2.

I'll fix it on my break.