Living with the Raptor

Complaining about gas mileage? How many miles are on the truck?

As for the interior plastics...are they that bad? Most cars are pretty decent I've been in, save a Dodge Caliber rental car I had about 10 years ago...the freaking dash plastic looked and felt like the top cover of a coleman plastic ice cooler...worst interior I've ever been.

Fair article...i fully agree with the hard plastic interior...its a joke what ford did there...but its a raptor and it does well what it is built for...open desert running..thinking that is an interstate cruiser or around town hauler is the mistaken mindset...yet i still would place a raptor or the power wagon in my garage..to hell with normality...only question is with either brand is which color

"Hard plastic" - as if there were any other kind. What are all these competitors using - full leather dashes? I doubt it.

If I'm interpreting his criticism correctly, his complaint isn't with the faux leather dash, it's probably more with areas like the air vent surrounds which are just a dark gray textured plastic as opposed to metal or something. He did mention the top of the door panels. I seem to recall the rear portion of the door being soft touch, while the front (where the mirror controls are) is harder plastic....I can verify this later this evening.

If I'm interpreting his criticism correctly, his complaint isn't with the faux leather dash, it's probably more with areas like the air vent surrounds which are just a dark gray textured plastic as opposed to metal or something. He did mention the top of the door panels. I seem to recall the rear portion of the door being soft touch, while the front (where the mirror controls are) is harder plastic....I can verify this later this evening.

You are correct about the top of the door panel. As a current owner of one of these trucks, I can't say that I disagree with everything he said. I didn't pay $2k for the graphics because I do not find them attractive, they are a complete waste of money, and the truck needs no introduction. The interior plastics need improvement, but most of the places you have contact with are soft. There is definitely room for improvement. I have not experienced this sine wave he spoke about so I do not know what that's about.

As for complaining about the size, fuel economy, and tires, I don't find those to be reasonable complaints. You know what you are buying so these are not legitimate complaints. However I know for a fact my new truck gets better fuel economy than my old Raptor.