Stock 2018 Mustang GT runs 12.02 sec @ 117mph (1.9 60 ft)

theres still the ford warranty too isnt there? I dont know Ive never owned a performance car before.

Ford still warranties the vehicle, but if there was a drivetrain issue that Ford determined was related to the supercharger then that would fall back to the Roush warranty. At least that's how it should work.

This applies to the 2017s:

FAQ's -
Q. Does the $39,995 price include the car?
A. Yes! The $39,995 price includes a NEW Mustang GT (300A package), Phase 2 Supercharger that produces 727HP!
Q. What are the power numbers of the Phase 2 LFP 727 Mustang™
A. 727 HP and 610 lb-ft torque.
Q. What are the power numbers of the Phase 1 LFP 670 Mustang™
A. 670 HP and 545 lb-ft torque.
Q. Is there a warranty on the LFP 727 Mustang
A. 3 year, 36,000 mile parts-only limited warranty.
Q. Is there a warranty on the LFP 670 Mustang
A. 670 HP Phase 1 kit includes ROUSH's 3 year, 36,000 mile Power Train Warranty as well. This gives you full coverage and the peace of mind that if something goes wrong, you are covered. both warranties are honored at any Ford dealer in the nation.

Ok so its both Ford and Roush. Good to know.

No, it's a Roush warranty that Ford DEALERS accept. The point is Ford is not "approving" any of these Roush parts or providing any warranty coverage themselves. It's probably the same as having an ESP - the OEM ford warranty doesn't provide coverage but the ESP does and it's honored at any Ford dealer. Except in this case Roush is the warranty provider not Ford.

I haven't asked any questions or done any research on the warranty. My assumption (although could easily be wrong) was that Roush provided the limited powertrain warranty while Ford covered non-powertrain issues. I have had very few warranty repairs and never one that was powertrain related.

Edited by brucelinc

This applies to the 2017s:

FAQ's -

Q. Does the $39,995 price include the car?

A. Yes! The $39,995 price includes a NEW Mustang GT (300A package), Phase 2 Supercharger that produces 727HP!

Q. What are the power numbers of the Phase 2 LFP 727 Mustang

A. 727 HP and 610 lb-ft torque.

Q. What are the power numbers of the Phase 1 LFP 670 Mustang

A. 670 HP and 545 lb-ft torque.

Q. Is there a warranty on the LFP 727 Mustang

A. 3 year, 36,000 mile parts-only limited warranty.

Q. Is there a warranty on the LFP 670 Mustang

A. 670 HP Phase 1 kit includes ROUSH's 3 year, 36,000 mile Power Train Warranty as well. This gives you full coverage and the peace of mind that if something goes wrong, you are covered. both warranties are honored at any Ford dealer in the nation.

http://www.lebanonford.com/lfp-faqs.htm

You read my mind about bringing this dealer up. I had read about this deal some time ago. I was going to include this link.

• Like 1

What do they mean by "All other warranties will remain intact."? Does that cover everything BUT the powertrain?

They say:

The LFP Hellion will not carry any warranty from the manufacturer in the event of failures caused by the installation or use of the Hellion Turbo System.

It would seem to me that things NOT caused by the installation or use would be covered by Ford's other warranties - Bumper-to-bumper (except powertrain), rust-through, etc. For example, the turbo system would have nothing to do do with a power window failure, sync system issues or a myriad of other things.

Edited by brucelinc

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting how the Ford Performance/Roush TVS supercharger that Lebanon Ford is using looks to be similar to the previous design used on the earlier gen Coyote's. In other words, the intercooler is mounted underneath the blower. Most of the other roots type blowers that we have seen for the gen III Coyote, including the spy photos of the GT500 5.2L, have the opposite arrangement with the intercooler mounted above the blower. This one does have the air inlet on the front of the blower case which is different from most of the earlier designs which had the air inlet in back. It would also be interesting to learn why that was done.

I assume these new designs are necessitated by the new dual port/direct fuel injection system on the 2018 Mustang and F-150. There are probably other differences but that seems to be the biggest difference between the latest Coyote and the earlier designs. One question I would have about this latest design from Ford Performance is did they sacrifice intercooler capacity by placing it under the blower and in the engine valley. Is there less space in that area than was available on the gen I & II Coyote due to the new fuel injection system? Why else do other designs for the Gen III place the intercooler on top?

Interesting how the Ford Performance/Roush TVS supercharger that Lebanon Ford is using looks to be similar to the previous design used on the earlier gen Coyote's. In other words, the intercooler is mounted underneath the blower. Most of the other roots type blowers that we have seen for the gen III Coyote, including the spy photos of the GT500 5.2L, have the opposite arrangement with the intercooler mounted above the blower. This one does have the air inlet on the front of the blower case which is different from most of the earlier designs which had the air inlet in back. It would also be interesting to learn why that was done.

I assume these new designs are necessitated by the new dual port/direct fuel injection system on the 2018 Mustang and F-150. There are probably other differences but that seems to be the biggest difference between the latest Coyote and the earlier designs. One question I would have about this latest design from Ford Performance is did they sacrifice intercooler capacity by placing it under the blower and in the engine valley. Is there less space in that area than was available on the gen I & II Coyote due to the new fuel injection system? Why else do other designs for the Gen III place the intercooler on top?

The intecooler quietens the whine of the blower, the Rousch Blower kit

was not allowed as OEM fitment in Australia because it failed drive by noise limits.

The new blower set up is not unlike the blower set up on the previous S/C 5.0 Faclons

which passes all regs with flying colors.

That's an interesting footnote for the Australian market but it doesn't explain why all previous GT500 engines for the North American market from 2007 through 2014 had the blower on top. None of those engines had dual port/direct fuel injection. I assume the 2019 GT500 will.

The Ford Performance/Roush TVS blower setup for the 2018 Mustang GT and F-150 5.0L also has the blower on top. I doubt there is any "For Off-road Use Only" restriction on the sale of that supercharger kit due to noise pollution. Otherwise Lebanon Ford would not be able to sell a new Mustang GT equipped with that setup.

1bd030b83ca696e112f2244017e4fb56x.jpg

The Lebanon Ford website states this new kit was specifically designed for the 2018 5.0L with "Direct Injection" which is a bit of a misnomer.

A storied history in powertrain development between ROUSH Performance and Ford Performance continues with a new state-of-the-art 2650 supercharger kit for the V8-powered 2018 Mustang GT. The new Roush 2650 Supercharger sports an increased displacement of 2.65L for 2018, up from 2.3L in 2017. A newer inlet system is designed to work specifically with the 2018 Mustang's Direct Injection System. "Our teams collaborated to create the most highly engineered, tested and performing supercharger kit on the market," said Jack Roush, Chairman, Board of Directors, ROUSH Performance. "The combination of the 2018 5.0-liter engine and our all-new, fully integrated 2650 supercharger system yields simply incredible, no-compromise performance."

http://www.lebanonford.com/2018-lfp-roush-supercharged-mustang-for--42-995.htm?