ice-capades

Production Week Scheduling Information

7 minutes ago, Aufwand said:

Hope this is the correct thread to post....  I've had a VIN for about 3 weeks and one of the tracking sites says the status is scheduled to week.  Problem is, no one (not even the dealer) is able to tell me the production week.  Is this normal?

If you're looking for tracking information for your VIN number you can post a request in the "Vehicle Locator by Ford Employees" forum. Make sure that you read the rules before making a request. 

Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility program that provides the latest status information for ever order placed by them. After having a VIN number for 3 weeks they should most certainly have the production week information. The estimated production week information would also have been available on the day that the vehicle was scheduled and the VIN number assigned. 

FYI... The 2021 Mustang Mach-E scheduling and Job#1 Date (10/26/2020) information was posted in the Mustang Forum.

2020 Explorer scheduling was cancelled for today. Explorer scheduling will resume next week. 

Production Week Scheduling - Week of 07/27/2020

Blue Oval Forums_Production Week Scheduling_2020-07-27.jpg

Can I ask a question about this purely to cure my curiosity? 

If a vehicle is scheduled for 9/21/2020, but was previously scheduled for 9/7/2020-9/14/2020, and previously scheduled for 8/31/2020. Does that mean that the plant is only building that particular vehicle in that week because it is building other vehicles in that same plant other weeks? Also did the build week date go from 8/31 to 9/14 because they delayed the build week because of more orders for that particular vehicle came in and they needed more time to build them. 

This is all fairly confusing to me and the curiosity of the procedure in which this is all done is killing me. Nothing urgent just enquiring mind that wants to know. 

50 minutes ago, Superduty Cajun said:

Can I ask a question about this purely to cure my curiosity? 

If a vehicle is scheduled for 9/21/2020, but was previously scheduled for 9/7/2020-9/14/2020, and previously scheduled for 8/31/2020. Does that mean that the plant is only building that particular vehicle in that week because it is building other vehicles in that same plant other weeks? Also did the build week date go from 8/31 to 9/14 because they delayed the build week because of more orders for that particular vehicle came in and they needed more time to build them. 

This is all fairly confusing to me and the curiosity of the procedure in which this is all done is killing me. Nothing urgent just enquiring mind that wants to know. 

It means that Expeditions that are scheduled for production this week will get built the week of 9/21.   When they fill up the orders for that week they move to the next week 9/28.  So it just depends on how many orders are in queue and how many new ones come in.

Production Week Scheduling - Week of 08/03/2020

Blue Oval Forums_Production Week Scheduling_2020-08-03.jpg

Production Week Scheduling - Week of 08/10/2020

Blue Oval Forums_Production Week Scheduling_2020-08-10-1.jpg

Blue Oval Forums_Production Week Scheduling_2020-08-10-2.jpg

Is it possible to have the legend for the different colors that we see in the posts?

9 hours ago, Sagemax said:

Is it possible to have the legend for the different colors that we see in the posts?

There's no particular legend.