• Custom Search

Bradp123

Aviator stop sale

I heard a rumor in another forum that the aviator have been out on stop sale.  Tuner is that it has to do with the gas lines.  Has anyone heard of this or have updates?

Manufacture quality will be the key to make it or break it. The design of the Aviator is perfect. 

So I just came back from a test drive of the aviator and the dealer told me that all aviators shipped before 8-1 need to be sent back to CAP for some type of software update or something of that nature. He said that the other local dealers had to send them back, and he received his yesterday.  Interesting if anyone else has heard anything from dealers in their area.

7 hours ago, Bradp123 said:

I heard a rumor in another forum that the aviator have been out on stop sale.  Tuner is that it has to do with the gas lines.  Has anyone heard of this or have updates?

Not a rumor..  it is true.

Not a great way to start the launch. I really hope this doesn’t delay mine; hopefully they can fix the issue while still proceeding to build new ones. 

5 hours ago, Wheeling said:

Manufacture quality will be the key to make it or break it. The design of the Aviator is perfect. 

Not really. As an example, Range Rover quality is terrible, yet they still sell plenty of them.  Lincoln’s quality will far exceed Range Rover’s. 

Also, there is a current "holdup" for some "issue". Some are being sent back for the ones that were on the way. 

If anything, glad they are working out any early issues NOW rather than later. Good QC if you ask me... Humans aren't perfect. I would rather they take the time and fix whatever they find now rather than AFTER we get our vehicle. 

Some Explorers had paint defects; was also told that dealerships were instructed to order new ones due to these issues. Maybe it was a blessing in disguise that I had a later build date now. 

I noticed on the Cassens website that aviators are shipping again.  Hopefully my local dealer will get one of theirs soon and that my build date hasn’t been pushed out.

Sounds like this is mainly a transporter issue. When vehicle goes through PDI it’s taken out of transport mode which would take care of that for customers not seeing gear indicator.