Edge to cost less than $26,000

mackinaw

the buld and pice was also updated - I do not know whether the package prices are final - but for now the Edge with EVERY option cheked off tops off at $36,775.00

Igor

official press release:

http://media.ford.com/products/press_artic...$93$1

Igor

A loaded Edge with every option "should" be under $33,000.00...the Edge is still too high. The volume Edge AWD should be under $25,000.

A loaded Edge with every option "should" be under $33,000.00...the Edge is still too high. The volume Edge AWD should be under $25,000.

I do not see that possible in todays dollars ...

freaking Camry meets and passes 30k when loaded ...

besides, loaded at 30k is Escape territory.

Igor

Edited by igor

I do not see that possible in todays dollars ...

freaking Camry meets and passes 30k when loaded ...

besides, loaded at 30k is Escape territory.

Igor

I bought a completely loaded Santa Fe (same basic size as an Edge) for under $25K (AWD, leather, elec climate control, power everything, etc...). This was last year though, before the new bodystyle came out...so I can't say how the new Santa would compete.

Based on...?

Good interior, driveline, and misc. parts don't come cheap. With a loaded Edge not far over average vehicle purchase price and the base model starting BELOW it...it's about perfect right where it's at.

That is...if it's acceptably profitable.

Based on...?

Good interior, driveline, and misc. parts don't come cheap. With a loaded Edge not far over average vehicle purchase price and the base model starting BELOW it...it's about perfect right where it's at.

That is...if it's acceptably profitable.

Even if the damned thing cost $12K someone would still find a way to complain about the cost. The Edge's closest competition is the Murano, and if you want to see how it compares to something that it will most likely be compared to visit www.nissandriven.com. If you still feel its overpriced, then heh I don't know what to tell ya.

And not to discount the previous gen Santa Fe, but the engine, transmission, and overall structure is a bit different from what the Edge has to offer

Edited by Michael Reynolds

Look at what you're getting vs a Santa Fe too. Edge has standard side air bags, stability roll control and a more powerful engine. The old Sante Fe is an Escape competitor, not Edge. New Santa Fe, maybe.

I just re-did my fully loaded FWD Edge I'll be ordering. Came down just under $1000 less than before. I can live with that. Never mind my XPLAN pin I have...

I think that's why Ford's estimated production numbers seem low. It is better to sell less vehicles overall at a greater profit than to make more than the market wants and have to put heavy incentives on them to move'em off the lots. Plus, this thing will have a ton of standard features plus will have the most powerful engine on regular unleaded in it's class. I bet once a cpu tuner is developed for this thing along with an intake, exhaust, etc., people will get 300HP out of them pretty easy.

The Edge is a LOT of car. You get 265hp with a 6-speed, a very advanced and sporty chassis, great interior appointments, and fantastic quality.

The Freestyle will be a more luxurious model with a 3rd row.

The Fairlane will be larger than the Freestyle, with an emphasis on interior room and luxury, no doubt.

Either way, $26,000-$33,000 for a superpowered Fusion sportwagon is a great price.

Freestyle is the 3 row crossover over the edge. The Escape will be the downmarket basic Crossover that looks more like a small SUV. The Fairlane (or whatever its called this week) will be the 3 row vehicle that's a cross between a crossover and a minivan. Think minivan with swing open doors and no sliders that kind of looks like an overgrown edge, or woman's electric leg shaver (it will have the three bar afterall).

All in all, if I had the money and were in the market, I'd want next year's updated freestyle with the d35 and 6AT. IF they made a mercury version that had more of the Montego look to it, I'd be all over that like stink on poo. IF they actually took a risk and tuned it for premium, tweaked the intake and exhaust setup and got 300 hp and 275 lbs of torque out of the engine, I'd refinance my house to pay off my car, sell it and go out and buy the Meta One outright.

Even if the damned thing cost $12K someone would still find a way to complain about the cost. The Edge's closest competition is the Murano, and if you want to see how it compares to something that it will most likely be compared to visit www.nissandriven.com. If you still feel its overpriced, then heh I don't know what to tell ya.

And not to discount the previous gen Santa Fe, but the engine, transmission, and overall structure is a bit different from what the Edge has to offer

Amen for that.

26k for a fully loaded Edge with AWD? ROFL... yeah right.

This isn't the 60's anymore.

Hopefully, the Freestyle will have the appearance and the power to move closer to the $30K mark, as its interior and handling were already very good.
:hysterical:

That's not going to be very far to move given that two of the last four freestyles I looked at were well over 30 grand. 33 and 34 respectively. Yeah let's make that piece of shit even more expensive. LMAO.

true, but 27500 MSRP is reasonable and about what I was expecting. I'll be happy to work whatever discounts I can (college grad, $500 cash back, dealer discount, 0% financing etc) and it should come out a little less, not including the options I want.

it costs significantly less than the Murano and Tribeca which is what matters since it's the target competition. the CX-7 is nice as is the price, but doesn't have the engine offering and is just a bit smaller which is likely to turn off Ford's target buyer. but it's there for those who will only buy an import and/or want more raked, flowy styling. not that Mazda doing well with their own crossover doesn't help the greater good

Edited by bri719

:hysterical:

That's not going to be very far to move given that two of the last four freestyles I looked at were well over 30 grand. 33 and 34 respectively. Yeah let's make that piece of shit even more expensive. LMAO.

Go to NHTSA.gov and poke around...you'll find an article that explains how customers have come to expect haggling, rebates, and discounts. I've known since childhood that people don't expect sticker to mean sticker 90% of the time, and when I was selling cars (Nissans and Jags...only in New Mexico) every Nissan's sticker was padded to give the illusion of the "just for you' discount.

I priced a pretty loaded Freestar recently...sticker was $30Kish, but I had the sales manager down thousands within 2 minutes of conversation.

The buyers want to feel like they're getting a special deal...and "sticker" has been a work of shameless fiction for decades. Welcome to the real world.

I gotta say, though...a 3 row, awd, comfortable crossover with tons of space and getting between 25-30 mpg highway for a tick over "average" vehicle cost...hardly seems like a crime.