Jump to content





Sign in to follow this  
Deanh

Transit issues...

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Kev-Mo said:

 

Apparently, this is why every van I see is a Sprinter or a Dodge.

 

Good point and sounds like a sarcastic comment....having said that, Focus sold great around 2012-18 and look how that turned out for them!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kev-Mo said:

 

Apparently, this is why every van I see is a Sprinter or a Dodge.

 

I didn't know Dodge still makes vans.... :stirpot:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, twintornados said:

 

I didn't know Dodge still makes vans.... :stirpot:

They don't.  Fiat does.  🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, kyle said:

My neighbor has an Econoline van and wants to upgrade to the larger vans out in the market-mentioned the Transit and he said not a chance-due to this issue-he's buddies with someone at one of our local dealer's and just said these driveshafts last about 30K. This is where Ford fails miserably and looks like they've learned nothing from previous fuck ups. 

 

20 hours ago, Kev-Mo said:

 

Apparently, this is why every van I see is a Sprinter or a Dodge.

Or maybe they have rear seats that are sized for American adults !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Kev-Mo said:

 

Apparently, this is why every van I see is a Sprinter or a Dodge.

Sprinters are decent but expensive to maintain.

 

And Ram is junk - the Diesels use a DCT and the others use a minivan drivetrain in FWD configuration.  They are cheap but junky.  Doesn't GM Still make the Express/Savana?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, twintornados said:

 

I didn't know Dodge still makes vans.... :stirpot:

 

I suppose you refer to the late Prince by his official changed name "The Artist" while the rest of us still just say: 'Prince'.

 

And be sure to tune in this fall to the NFL and 'The Washington Football Club'  Gosh, all the worlds problems are surly saved by that!

 

Edited by Kev-Mo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, itguy09 said:

Sprinters are decent but expensive to maintain.

 

And Ram is junk - the Diesels use a DCT and the others use a minivan drivetrain in FWD configuration.  They are cheap but junky.  Doesn't GM Still make the Express/Savana?

 

I believe that the guys on American Picker used a Sprinter MB van for the 1st 10 seasons or so. But they said the van gave them nothing but trouble. So the have used a Transit van since and seem happy with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

 

I believe that the guys on American Picker used a Sprinter MB van for the 1st 10 seasons or so. But they said the van gave them nothing but trouble. So the have used a Transit van since and seem happy with it. 

 

I thought I read here years ago that American Pickers was Ford product placement advertising (excellent placement choice).  Like all the Dodge--- pardon me, 'The Truck Formerly Known as Dodge' trucks the Dutton family drives in Yellowstone, and  Master Chief Jason Hays' nice GMC in Seal Team - there was a virtual GMC tailgate commercial in one scene this past Wednesday.  

Edited by Kev-Mo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Kev-Mo said:

 

I thought I read here years ago that American Pickers was Ford product placement advertising (excellent placement choice).  Like all the Dodge--- pardon me, 'The Truck Formerly Known as Dodge' trucks the Dutton family drives in Yellowstone, and  Master Chief Jason Hays' nice GMC in Seal Team - there was a virtual GMC tailgate commercial in one scene this past Wednesday.  

 

 You may be right, but they did talk on their show about how their Sprinter van let them down and getting the Ford van made their traveling more pleasurable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Kev-Mo said:

 

I suppose you refer to the late Prince by his official changed name "The Artist" while the rest of us still just say: 'Prince'.

 

 

This is the last van Dodge built...

image.png.18ed4b39ca2c319e15a870e16598286f.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×