2019 Nautilus, 2.0, cold engine performance issue.

I have a 2019 Nautilus with the 2.0 engine. The vehicle has 75,000 Kms on it. My Nautilus has always had a somewhat springy feeling acceleration to it but I have noticed the last few months this is much exaggerated when the engine is cold. What I mean is in low-mid level throttle positions the vehicle seems to hesitate then power comes on giving it a springy feel to the engine. At high full throttle there does not seem to be an issue. As the vehicle warms up the issue is still there just less noticeable. My Dealer says this is normal, just the way the engine is designed. 

Anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions for a fix?

Thanks for your feedback.

I agree, not normal. I recently got a 2.0 Nautilus as a loaner (I have the 2.7), and I was surprised how smooth and responsive the smaller engine was, and also envious that it's crisp 8-speed transmission was less glitchy than the version in the 2.7 (they are different 8-speeds, and mine sometimes has to do a little searching to find the right gear in the 30-40mpg range).

Edited by Gurgeh

12 hours ago, Gary Olson said:

I have a 2019 Nautilus with the 2.0 engine. The vehicle has 75,000 Kms on it. My Nautilus has always had a somewhat springy feeling acceleration to it but I have noticed the last few months this is much exaggerated when the engine is cold. What I mean is in low-mid level throttle positions the vehicle seems to hesitate then power comes on giving it a springy feel to the engine. At high full throttle there does not seem to be an issue. As the vehicle warms up the issue is still there just less noticeable. My Dealer says this is normal, just the way the engine is designed. 

Anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions for a fix?

Thanks for your feedback.

Definitely not normal.  We have a 2018 Edge and 2019 Nautilus in our company fleet both with the same 2.0 4cyl turbo engine and they both drive excellent.  2018 Edge has 68,000km on it and the 2019 Nautilus has about 20,000km and have not experienced anything like what you describe.  We're in Toronto so our vehicles get lots of cold usage as well.

I agree with akirby sounds like a problem with the turbo, throttle or maybe mass airflow sensor.  Is your check engine light on?  Usually something that bad performance wise would trip a sensor and cause a trouble code.

Thank you all for the reply, I appreciate your time.

My engine light is not on. It was just in for its regular maintenance and no issues were found. My advisor says that it's "normal" for the type of vehicle......?

I think I'm going to have to take it to another dealer and get a second opinion.

Again thanks!

30 minutes ago, Gary Olson said:

Thank you all for the reply, I appreciate your time.

My engine light is not on. It was just in for its regular maintenance and no issues were found. My advisor says that it's "normal" for the type of vehicle......?

I think I'm going to have to take it to another dealer and get a second opinion.

Again thanks!

Have him test drive another one with you at the dealership.  That should prove whether it’s normal or not.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just back from my local Lincoln dealer. I've been informed that the EGR will need to be replaced and guess what? Backorder! Meanwhile, I just keep chugging along. When I read how I described this issue I have don't understand  why the dealer did not pick up on an EGR issue the first time I complained of the problem. Anyway, I'm hoping this will be the fix. 

"A clogged or malfunctioning EGR valve can disrupt the vehicle's air-fuel ratio, which can cause engine performance issues such as a reduction in power and fuel efficiency. The vehicle may also stall or hesitate while accelerating."

One other issue that I've encountered is a creaking or clicking in the headliner by the sunglass holder.VERY annoying!  Been in and had this "fixed" a number of times but it keeps coming back. I'm told the headliner is held in place by magnets and velcro so they just keep stuffing insulation in there until the noise stops. Anyone else have this issue? Is this common for this vehicle?