2022 Customer Order Claim Verification Status

Gadget

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

First, make sure you're talking to the right people at the dealership. You should be talking to at least the Sales Manager or General Manager. Do not try to resolve this through a Sales Representative! 

Yeah my sales person is the sales manager for the commercial lineup. 

9 hours ago, ice-capades said:

If your order is scheduled, you're all set.

I’m in the same boat as well, have a vin#, build date, but the dealer laughs when I ask specific questions. He wasn’t aware of this forum or the information being provided by individuals in the Ford game long before he was even born. At the end of the day we all have this forum and guys like ice to thank!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/26/2021 at 10:58 AM, ice-capades said:

Regardless of what the original order date is, all unscheduled retail orders should be submitted to the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) with a copy of the buyer's driver's license and a signed buyer's order. Otherwise, the order will not get scheduled with incremental allocation and it will get scheduled after orders verified by the COVP system.

What is the buyer's order?  I signed a purchased contract when I was in the dealership.  I talked to the sales manager today and of 80 plus new orders in their system, mine is one of 7 that hasn't been verified in the Ford system yet.  He said they have everything they need in the system, just waiting on Ford....

1 hour ago, mitch8628 said:

What is the buyer's order?  I signed a purchased contract when I was in the dealership.  I talked to the sales manager today and of 80 plus new orders in their system, mine is one of 7 that hasn't been verified in the Ford system yet.  He said they have everything they need in the system, just waiting on Ford....

I think the term "buyer's order" when used regarding the COVP is construed to mean pretty much anything with your signature on it so the dealership can show Ford they have a real customer to go with the DL.

I talked to my dealer yesterday, and he said my status is showing "pending" in the COVP versus "approved."  He said there is a mix of both statuses showing in his system, and an order placed after mine was already in approved status.

30 minutes ago, JHForman812 said:

after going above my salesmans head to the sales manager, i was asked to submit my license and sign a buyers order today.  so maybe ill see my truck ordered 5/4 schedule soon. 

Good luck I ordered on 3/18/21 and mine is still unscheduled to date and was told my lic was submitted with my purchase order and receipt of my down payment to dealer I’m going out of my mind !!!! It’s been a long 2 months already and still nothing !!!! 

5 hours ago, Stanggt24 said:

Good luck I ordered on 3/18/21 and mine is still unscheduled to date and was told my lic was submitted with my purchase order and receipt of my down payment to dealer I’m going out of my mind !!!! It’s been a long 2 months already and still nothing !!!! 

fingers crossed for both of us then man !! 

1 hour ago, desperado said:

Well, my next sigh of relief just arrived.  At least now I know my order has been approved through the COVP.  Which, from what I've read on BOF, means unless there is a commodity issue, my order is ready to be selected by Ford for production!

Screenshot 2021-06-30 100317.jpg

When was your order placed, or when did they take your verification stuff? or both lol 

13 minutes ago, JHForman812 said:

When was your order placed, or when did they take your verification stuff? or both lol 

I placed the order 6/14 and they took a copy of my DL & the signed order then.  I emailed & called them inquiring if my order had been "approved" through the COVP on 6/28, and today I got the approval.

• Like 1

Interesting - all of the different dealer situations and different opinions.    I can tell you this, I ordered my truck on April 24th, and my dealer was all over telling me all about how Ford required my license and signed buyers order or the truck would be delayed in production.   So, at least for my dealership, they knew all about COVP as early as  April.    

Edited by Savagedo

6 minutes ago, Savagedo said:

Interesting - all of the different dealer situations and different opinions.    I can tell you this, I ordered my truck on April 24th, and my dealer was all over telling me all about how Ford required my license and signed buyers order or the truck would be delayed in production.   So, at least for my dealership, they knew all about COVP as early as  April.    

It does seem to be all over the place.  maybe dealers figured they didnt need to do this because the old way worked before?  IDK its weird that some trucks did get scheduled for people without the verification.  seems retail didn't take priority in some cases maybe? 

Plus, don't forget that with COVP approval, your order doesn't count against the dealer's allocation (at least, that's the way I understand it).  It's been referred to as "incremental allocation," but I think this is what it means.  So, if you're order isn't approved through the COVP, then your order won't get selected for production if the dealer doesn't have enough allocation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Savagedo said:

Hardly. The COVP program wasn't even announced until June 8th and Ford does not leak information on new programs, incentives, etc. Your Dealer was doing what all Dealers should do as a regular business practice. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content

I ordered 3/16...the first day it opened.  I've not been scheduled and it's still pending status.  I've asked my dealer if he's certain we've done everything needed to get scheduled and he said yes.  I'm dealing with the Sales Manage and the Owner's son...it's a small town dealer that a friend referred me to so i've been trying to walk lightly on certain issues.  I've never signed anything or provided a copy of my license.  I'm assuming per this forum discussion that I'm going to be screwed and have wasted time by them not getting these documents from me.

My '17 platinum was totaled in February and I've tried to be patient but I think at this point I'm just going to over pay for something in stock so I don't have to wait until December or later because I doubt I get scheduled anytime soon considering the above info.

Any differing thoughts from anyone?

I suppose the challenge will be finding new super duty stock.  Maybe used…… but dang, for late model low mileage you’ll practically pay new truck price.    I think I’d wait about three weeks or so.  We’re going to know soon if those claimed mid & late July builds are for real.

6 hours ago, tpmartin said:

I ordered 3/16...the first day it opened.  I've not been scheduled and it's still pending status.  I've asked my dealer if he's certain we've done everything needed to get scheduled and he said yes.  I'm dealing with the Sales Manage and the Owner's son...it's a small town dealer that a friend referred me to so i've been trying to walk lightly on certain issues.  I've never signed anything or provided a copy of my license.  I'm assuming per this forum discussion that I'm going to be screwed and have wasted time by them not getting these documents from me.

My '17 platinum was totaled in February and I've tried to be patient but I think at this point I'm just going to over pay for something in stock so I don't have to wait until December or later because I doubt I get scheduled anytime soon considering the above info.

Sounds like it could be a allotment order 

13 hours ago, Nick1236 said:

I got lucky I guess. My dealer took a copy of my ID and a $500 down payment when I ordered back on April 15 and as far as I know, my order has been scheduled but I don't know the current status.

As far as you know your order is scheduled? Call your Dealer! They have 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility system that can confirm the latest order status. 

17 hours ago, tpmartin said:

Your Dealer needs to submit your order information, along with your Driver's License and a signed Buyers Order, to the COVP system for verification and incremental allocation. Otherwise your order will follow the standard allocation and scheduling process and take much longer. 

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

As far as you know your order is scheduled? Call your Dealer! They have 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility system that can confirm the latest order status. 

Yes I received an email from my dealer saying my order was scheduled for 7/26 but in recent weeks orders have been pushed back, so the current status is unknown. I posted in the "employee order lookup" thread with all my details so I'm hoping I'll get an update there possibly. 

2 hours ago, Nick1236 said:

Yes I received an email from my dealer saying my order was scheduled for 7/26 but in recent weeks orders have been pushed back, so the current status is unknown. I posted in the "employee order lookup" thread with all my details so I'm hoping I'll get an update there possibly. 

You missed the point.  Your dealer has the same info as cyberdman and ice-capades so there is no reason for you to wonder or wait for somebody else to answer that question.

Go back to your dealer (sales manager) and make them do their job and give you the current status.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Nick1236 said:

As akirby stated, just call your Dealer and tell them you want a status update. Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility system which provides the latest status updates. You can also ask them to send you a written copy of the report so that you can see it for yourself. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Stevens7.3 said:

@ice-capades or if anyone else knows, how long does it normally take to receive the COVP acceptance letter from Ford? Should it be almost instantly like the order confirmation letter?

I got mine 16 days after I ordered, which happened to be 1 day after I asked my dealer about it.

• Like 1