Car Guy CEO

I attended the Festival of Speed and I can tell you, as a Ford fan, I was sorely disappointed.  The Ford display usually includes a great selection of all the sporting Fords, particularly the Fiesta and Focus ST and Mustang GT. Often they'll even show forbidden fruit, cars not available in the UK market, such as the GT supercar, GT350 and GT500. It is usually sporting Ford overload!

This year? The stand had about 5 Mach Es and the Puma ST. And that was it. It was almost as if Ford were embarrassed to show their ICE performance machines. They didn't even show the Mach 1.

Sure, the Mach E 1400 is bonkers, but the Festival of Speed is about celebrating speed, both old and new.

Mr Farley is a true car enthusiast, and I think even he'd agree this was a poor showing.

I'm hoping for better next year.

1 hour ago, Twin Turbo said:

I attended the Festival of Speed and I can tell you, as a Ford fan, I was sorely disappointed.  The Ford display usually includes a great selection of all the sporting Fords, particularly the Fiesta and Focus ST and Mustang GT. Often they'll even show forbidden fruit, cars not available in the UK market, such as the GT supercar, GT350 and GT500. It is usually sporting Ford overload!

This year? The stand had about 5 Mach Es and the Puma ST. And that was it. It was almost as if Ford were embarrassed to show their ICE performance machines. They didn't even show the Mach 1.

Sure, the Mach E 1400 is bonkers, but the Festival of Speed is about celebrating speed, both old and new.

I'm sure it is all about marketing now, like it or not. Plus I'm sure COVID issues didn't help either. 

1 hour ago, Twin Turbo said:

The stand had about 5 Mach Es and the Puma ST. And that was it. It was almost as if Ford were embarrassed to show their ICE performance machines.

As Ford introduces more performance oriented BEV in the next few years, expect them to increase their presence at future Goodwood Festival of Speed events.

The U.K. is making a transition to 100% electric vehicles for all new car sales by 2030. Also, autonomous and connected car technology is advancing very rapidly. Goodwood is a great opportunity for all automakers to showcase their latest products and services in these areas. The Duke of Richmond said at this year's event "The Festival of Speed has always taken a defining position on cutting-edge technology and the future of mobility, and we have long championed electric, connected and autonomous vehicles." 

48 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

As Ford introduces more performance oriented BEV in the next few years, expect them to increase their presence at future Goodwood Festival of Speed events.

The U.K. is making a transition to 100% electric vehicles for all new car sales by 2030. Also, autonomous and connected car technology is advancing very rapidly. Goodwood is a great opportunity for all automakers to showcase their latest products and services in these areas. The Duke of Richmond said at this year's event "The Festival of Speed has always taken a defining position on cutting-edge technology and the future of mobility, and we have long championed electric, connected and autonomous vehicles." 

I absolutely get that. But, there are also at least 8 more years of selling ICE vehicles and Ford at Goodwood this year ignored all the superb sporting ICE vehicles they currently sell. BMW took the right approach, with two stands. One for their EVs, another for their ICE vehicles, including the new 2 Series, M3, M4 and M5.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Twin Turbo said:

I absolutely get that. But, there are also at least 8 more years of selling ICE vehicles and Ford at Goodwood this year ignored all the superb sporting ICE vehicles they currently sell. BMW took the right approach, with two stands. One for their EVs, another for their ICE vehicles, including the new 2 Series, M3, M4 and M5.

When I watch those events on You Tube, it seems event is more about sound than actual speed. JPS Cosworth V8, Ferrari V12, Porsche Flat 12, and so on. Crowds miss those sounds and can't get enough. The smell of racing fuel and high pitched, screaming engines is addictive.

• Like 2