Went into dealership to cancel.

Last thing I saw or any email said production of my truck will start week of August 30th. So going by what others have been getting for shipping and delivery. I have decided that the little use i get out of this truck until spring, it is not worth getting so late into the fall. (WINTER YARD ORNAMENT).

So I went into dealer and said cancel truck I don't want it, just cancel the truck order 

He said we cant.... it will come and turn into a stock order. Its scheduled for production.

So from what I'm understanding they could cancel that truck and I could order something new and that will work, I could cancel it and order a king ranch or something and that would work, but I can't cancel it just for the sake of canceling at this point...

Why can only be canceled if I'm willing to spend more money on something else...

Edited by IUEC135ELEVATOR

Also another reason I'm canceling we were just informed that unless you are willing to get a covid shot that our company may not have work for us Atrium just going to deny anybody access unless you have a covid shot. People can go in and out but you're not allowed to work there.

I do not want to turn this into a discussion of covid/polotics/anyone's belief on shot.....

I'm just saying that I am not going to spend money like this knowing that I may not have a job soon.

• Like 1

I have a dilemma that I need your feedback on please. I order a 22 F-350 SRW Platinum in Iconic Silver on 4-22 loaded and yess it included AS. It was assigned a Priority Code 10 and I was told to expect it in early Aug. I liked the paint choice since it would be easier to keep clean then my 2018 Black F-250 Lariat.

My build week dates went from 7-19, 7-30, 9-30 then to 9-6 and I was ok with that until my dealership finally told me it is now 10-25.

I have a trip planned to HHI in early Oct and wanted to take the new truck and that notion was quickly crushed. Now here is the dilemma, I have located a vehicle in transit to a dealer 2 hours away with all the options I ordered except AS and color is unfortunately Black but I can live with it. Price is MSRP (about $2k more) because they know they will get it. What would you do? BTW I received a $2500 PCO from Ford after I ordered the original truck so that would wash away the price increase. Thanks for enduring this long question but I am torn on this.

Id probably buy the one off the lot, use it till your origonal order comes, then trade it in/sell it to buy your original one.  With the current market, you'd probably be able to recover some of the extra costs of sales tax...etc.  I only get a new vehicle about every 15 years, so in the end, I'd want to get exactly what I want.

18 minutes ago, Chris E said:

I have a dilemma that I need your feedback on please. I order a 22 F-350 SRW Platinum in Iconic Silver on 4-22 loaded and yess it included AS. It was assigned a Priority Code 10 and I was told to expect it in early Aug. I liked the paint choice since it would be easier to keep clean then my 2018 Black F-250 Lariat.

My build week dates went from 7-19, 7-30, 9-30 then to 9-6 and I was ok with that until my dealership finally told me it is now 10-25.

I have a trip planned to HHI in early Oct and wanted to take the new truck and that notion was quickly crushed. Now here is the dilemma, I have located a vehicle in transit to a dealer 2 hours away with all the options I ordered except AS and color is unfortunately Black but I can live with it. Price is MSRP (about $2k more) because they know they will get it. What would you do? BTW I received a $2500 PCO from Ford after I ordered the original truck so that would wash away the price increase. Thanks for enduring this long question but I am torn on this.

Edited by Kory04
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Chris E said:

Are you sure it isn't a special order? The window sticker usually specifies. 

I hate black vehicles and I've bought them a few times because they were the only ones available and were cheaper in both instances! ? However they were fusions so much less expensive and unique than a super duty. We have ordered both our super duties due to the very specific ability to select options so I completely understand the dilemma! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chris E said:

I think, for the money we are spending on these trucks, I would wait and get exactly the truck and options I want.  But this is coming from a guy driving a 2001 F250 Lariat waiting on a 22 KR 4X4 DRW (with AS)  : (  Good luck with whatever you decide.

Another point that few seem to mention is that Ford has used certain dates as “holding places” for production extensions. What assurance do you have that 10/25 is a hard date? None. That date can easily be moved and there are NO guarantees. If time is of the essence, then I would buy the truck I can drive. If you are a perfectionist, then work on mastering your zen and wait until your ship comes in. It will get here, eventually. Just my .02, so it isn’t worth much :)

1 hour ago, cjrazus1 said:

I think, for the money we are spending on these trucks, I would wait and get exactly the truck and options I want.  But this is coming from a guy driving a 2001 F250 Lariat waiting on a 22 KR 4X4 DRW (with AS)  : (  Good luck with whatever you decide.

100% agree with this. Ordered 3/18, Loaded 350 6.7 Lariat Tremor and have yet to get scheduled due to AS. I have it in my 19' 250 and love it so holding out for it on my 22. For 70k+, I wouldn't want buyers remorse just to get a truck early.

Agree Alma wait for what you want settling you will just be unhappy.

I'm apparently I am buying this truck whether I like it or not.

I am a worry wort that freezes up on spending the second I see stocks dipping, tower cranes coming down, or really any bad short term economic signs.

Wife says....."just go get the damn truck, life is not just about work work work!"

She is right....so just got window stick.

Screenshot_20210825-195812_Office Mobile.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 8/26/2021 at 9:59 AM, Kory04 said:

Id probably buy the one off the lot, use it till your origonal order comes, then trade it in/sell it to buy your original one.  With the current market, you'd probably be able to recover some of the extra costs of sales tax...etc.  I only get a new vehicle about every 15 years, so in the end, I'd want to get exactly what I want.

This is what I did.  Bought a '21 F250 6.7 and have a '22 f350 7.3 on order.

I understand your concern.  I currently drive a 2019 F350 CCLB DRW with AS and have a 2022 F350 CCLB SRW on order that I dropped the AS off yesterday.  I am lucky that my Cousin has a 2017 the same as my 2019 without AS so I could drive them over the same roads back to back and if I didn't know better I could not have told you which had AS.  My 2015 didn't have it and it drove fine.  So in my case I will be fine without it.  Hopefully my truck gets scheduled sooner than later.

Best of luck with your decision.

• 1 month later...
On 8/26/2021 at 9:44 PM, cjrazus1 said:

I agree with the waiting game.  I have "settled" on so many things throughout my life that now I am at the stage in life where I don't/Want to settle and am patiently waiting for my 2022 F250 Lariat to get out of my  2005 F150 STX that I have been driving since new.  Hoping I get the same excellent service out of the new truck I enjoyed with the old one.