False advertising or a shady dealer? Exclusive Cash Reward Offers

How do Exclusive Cash Rewards get applied when ordering a Ford vehicle? Ford Marketing tells me its up to the dealer if they honor these kinds of rewards. The dealer says its up to the Ford corporate rep.

Who pays for these rewards? The dealer or Ford corporation? 

Here is my situation. I recieved the attached ECR which clearly says it can be used on an ordered vehicle. I have a Ford Super Duty on order, but the dealer says, sorry the truck would need to arrive by the expiration date, September 30, 2021. Obviously its not going to be here in time for that.

So, do I have a shady dealer or are these offers false advertising? Maybe I am missing something else? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. ECR.thumb.jpg.f5ee2b1478fb6a8ea5f8c1c8171c1ea3.jpg

12 hours ago, STX Screamer said:

How do Exclusive Cash Rewards get applied when ordering a Ford vehicle? Ford Marketing tells me its up to the dealer if they honor these kinds of rewards. The dealer says its up to the Ford corporate rep.

Who pays for these rewards? The dealer or Ford corporation? 

Here is my situation. I recieved the attached ECR which clearly says it can be used on an ordered vehicle. I have a Ford Super Duty on order, but the dealer says, sorry the truck would need to arrive by the expiration date, September 30, 2021. Obviously its not going to be here in time for that.

So, do I have a shady dealer or are these offers false advertising? Maybe I am missing something else? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. ECR.thumb.jpg.f5ee2b1478fb6a8ea5f8c1c8171c1ea3.jpg

The offers are funded by Ford, not the Dealer and are not subject to approval by the Ford Zone Manager. The offers are legitimate and not false advertising. In addition, the disclaimer clearly states "Place order OR take delivery by 09/30/2021". Your Dealer should have already submitted your order information, Driver's License and signed Buyer's Order to the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) to lock in the retail order incentive and to qualify for incremental allocation and priority scheduling. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, akirby said:

I swear I’m going to start a topic called “What my stupid dealer did today”………

Id substitute Ford Corporate for "dealer".....they create mess after mess after mess....and then leave it with the "stupid dealer " to handle.....

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Deanh said:

Id substitute Ford Corporate for "dealer".....they create mess after mess after mess....and then leave it with the "stupid dealer " to handle.....

I hear you Dean but Ford isn’t telling buyers they can’t order a 2022 when the order bank has been open for a month already or telling them they can’t lock incentives when they order.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akirby said:

I hear you Dean but Ford isn’t telling buyers they can’t order a 2022 when the order bank has been open for a month already or telling them they can’t lock incentives when they order.

I didn't see any mention of that in the OP...I miss something?....if so that's just Amateur' hour....

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

Moot point though, you haven't been able to place a 2021 order for quite some time, so head scratcher.......

It’s not a moot point when it keeps happening over and over for different things that the dealership should know but doesn’t.  Ice-Capades has worn himself out correcting these stupid dealership employees.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, akirby said:

It’s not a moot point when it keeps happening over and over for different things that the dealership should know but doesn’t.  Ice-Capades has worn himself out correcting these stupid dealership employees.

trust me, I know a few of them...thankfully our staff are well rounded, not a bad egg amongst them. 2021 ordering aside...keep in mind some sales personnel arent provided adequate information to relay, and honestly....some of the questions asked by consumers borders on asinine....and the std " I cannot answer that question accurately, but I can find out" is not acceptable to some... not making excuses, but it does go both ways..and some salespeople just flat out SUCK...along with some scrupulous Dealers

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

trust me, I know a few of them...thankfully our staff are well rounded, not a bad egg amongst them. 2021 ordering aside...keep in mind some sales personnel arent provided adequate information to relay, and honestly....some of the questions asked by consumers borders on asinine....and the std " I cannot answer that question accurately, but I can find out" is not acceptable to some... not making excuses, but it does go both ways..and some salespeople just flat out SUCK...along with some scrupulous Dealers

I should have pointed out a lot of these idiots are sales managers - it’s not just the sales people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, akirby said:

I should have pointed out a lot of these idiots are sales managers - it’s not just the sales people.

CLASSIC!...I can certainly attest to that...seriously HOW THE HELL do some of these morons rise to be the so called "leaders"......over the years Ive seen some friggin DOOZIES! Actually asked the Dealer principle a couple of times " WTH ….did this guy interview well?????? " funny.

• Haha 4

To the OP, you get the deals at the time of ordering or the deals at the time of delivery, nothing in between. 

Since your order was placed prior to this email, you get what was available at that time.  If you wanted to take advantage of the email offer, you would of had to reorder your vehicle and get price protected with the deal pending the MY it is good for.

So it is neither a shady dealer or Ford marketing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well after my incident Friday with my Bronco, all I can say is that some dealership GM's are absolute cunts...very unprofessional and trying to apologize for not saying $10K markup wasn't mentioned earlier...then bitching about the cost  of steel going up 3x...or that selling at list doesn't give them enough profit margin, less to say I went completely off on them and called their BS out. Needless to say its very toxic at this point and I think short of Ford pulling their allocations as much as they can next year, hopeless for me. But I'm willing to walk away.