Jump to content





Recommended Posts

Anyone have a more-accurate-than-not explanation why Ford has passed over the '22 Explorer for Sync 4?  Is it really that complicated for a top-volume vehicle in a competitive segment?

 

I remember how slow they were to get steering wheel audio controls to all the models....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No doubt it’s ridiculous. Quite pathetic for ford. But, sync 4 really isn’t anything special so I wouldn’t worry too much about it. Plus it seems all the vehicles getting sync 4 are getting mostly touch screen functionality and very little analog controls. Which I’m not a fan of for driving.  Tactile function of analog controls is a lot easier to manage while driving rather than all touchscreen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They’re waiting for the next refresh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When is the refresh 23 or 24?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, when it’s completely obsolete. 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've heard there is a change to Google/Android OS replacing Sync... just wish this was happening before I order my KR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tofer said:

I've heard there is a change to Google/Android OS replacing Sync... just wish this was happening before I order my KR

 

Personally, I hate both Google/Android and Apple/iPhone which really aren't all that different. I used Windows Phones for years which were incredible. Unfortunately, Microsoft blundered badly again by charging a licensing fee when the competition was giving their platform software away for free. Windows Phone integration with the Windows OS was seamless. Unfortunately, my cell phone usage is now a necessary evil opposed to my previous experience with the Windows Phone. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

 

Personally, I hate both Google/Android and Apple/iPhone which really aren't all that different. I used Windows Phones for years which were incredible. Unfortunately, Microsoft blundered badly again by charging a licensing fee when the competition was giving their platform software away for free. Windows Phone integration with the Windows OS was seamless. Unfortunately, my cell phone usage is now a necessary evil opposed to my previous experience with the Windows Phone. 

 

 

Agree 100%! I loved my Windows Phone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

 

Agree 100%! I loved my Windows Phone!

 

I'm using a Samsung Android phone that was an insurance replacement from when my Windows Phone got damaged. It's a Samsung Galaxy S6 which isn't compatible with a lot of the newer Ford/Sync features which makes the situation even more frustrating. I'm holding off on upgrading to a newer phone for other factors right now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, akirby said:


Figures……. 😂🤣😂

 

And I KNEW you would comment! 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

 

I'm using a Samsung Android phone that was an insurance replacement from when my Windows Phone got damaged. It's a Samsung Galaxy S6 which isn't compatible with a lot of the newer Ford/Sync features which makes the situation even more frustrating. I'm holding off on upgrading to a newer phone for other factors right now.  

 

iPhone user here.  I can't stand the Google UI.  And, the rest of my family uses iPhone, so it makes it easier just to keep it the same all around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fordmantpw said:

 

And I KNEW you would comment! 😄


And I KNEW you would KNOW that I……..  never mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fordmantpw said:

 

iPhone user here.  I can't stand the Google UI.  And, the rest of my family uses iPhone, so it makes it easier just to keep it the same all around.


Me too.  Shocking I know.  But I’ve been using iPhones and iPads for years.  They just work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, akirby said:


Me too.  Shocking I know.  But I’ve been using iPhones and iPads for years.  They just work.

 

Yeah, hard to argue with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, akirby said:


Me too.  Shocking I know.  But I’ve been using iPhones and iPads for years.  They just work.


That's why I've never gone back to Android once I switched. I'm fully aware of the flaws of the iPhone and iOS but it just works and that's all I really care about. I don't want or need the latest and greatest gadgets and features. I'm still using an iPhone XR with no plans on switching any time soon*
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Until Apple's ridiculous forced obsolescence policy forces me to. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:


That's why I've never gone back to Android once I switched. I'm fully aware of the flaws of the iPhone and iOS


What exactly are these flaws everyone mentions?  I’ve never experienced anything bad and I’ve never seen specifics mentioned.  Just seems like people looking for something to hate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, akirby said:


What exactly are these flaws everyone mentions?  I’ve never experienced anything bad and I’ve never seen specifics mentioned.  Just seems like people looking for something to hate.


Oh I have no clue, I'm just parroting what the Android stans always tell me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:


Oh I have no clue, I'm just parroting what the Android stans always tell me. 


My point exactly.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×