Hey Akirby!

TrentM

Well I hate auto stop but have beaten that one to death. I have it disconnected on my Raptor. A great guy at my dealership even showed me a better way to do it than the way I did have it disconnected.   I did complain about no engine cover also but I guess I will live with that. Some guys claim the motor might run a little cooler without that block of foam rubber sitting on top of it. 

6 hours ago, TrentM said:

Well I hate auto stop but have beaten that one to death. I have it disconnected on my Raptor. A great guy at my dealership even showed me a better way to do it than the way I did have it disconnected.   I did complain about no engine cover also but I guess I will live with that. Some guys claim the motor might run a little cooler without that block of foam rubber sitting on top of it. 

I guess the Nav is the only one with a button, so it is easy to disable each ignition cycle. No settings to dig into. 

2 hours ago, Black Label said:

I guess the Nav is the only one with a button, so it is easy to disable each ignition cycle. No settings to dig into. 

Every ford vehicle has a dash button to disable auto stop start.  But people decide they hate it immediately and never even try it to see if they get used to it.  After two weeks I stopped noticing it.

Yeah I have the dash button on my Raptor but it is just to much physical labor to reach up and hit it.    Ugh!  I unplugged a simple wire. No more auto stop.   I will not disable it on my Gator though. Do not want to complicate or compromise the complex electronics in that thing.  Where the off button in located I do not have to lift my arm very high to hit it.  

31 minutes ago, akirby said:

Every ford vehicle has a dash button to disable auto stop start.  But people decide they hate it immediately and never even try it to see if they get used to it.  After two weeks I stopped noticing it.

You talked me into to giving it a chance a few months back (Bronco Sport).  I guess I use it about 50% of the time.  Now that northern Michigan is in the midst of an old-fashioned January (lot of snow and very cold), I find that it automatically disables itself (without me touching the button) when the weather is bad.  Some sort of safety feature i guess.

22 minutes ago, mackinaw said:

You talked me into to giving it a chance a few months back (Bronco Sport).  I guess I use it about 50% of the time.  Now that northern Michigan is in the midst of an old-fashioned January (lot of snow and very cold), I find that it automatically disables itself (without me touching the button) when the weather is bad.  Some sort of safety feature i guess.

Its most likely the climate control with the cold weather (or engine temps).  There are over a dozen things that will disable it.  You should have a display mode that shows you why it’s not activating.

18 minutes ago, akirby said:

Its most likely the climate control with the cold weather (or engine temps).  There are over a dozen things that will disable it.  You should have a display mode that shows you why it’s not activating.

The stop-start icon will light up, but there's a slash mark over it showing it's disabled.  And this is with the engine totally warmed up and foot planted firmly on the brakes.  It seems that the vehicle can sense bad weather (snow, ice).  At least that's my guess right now, maybe I'll learn more as the winter goes on.  Actually I'm impressed that it can do that.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Okay, I am only going off what I have read elsewhere that most Lincolns do not have such a button. Navigator does, maybe Aviator as well. Again, only from what I have read. 

26 minutes ago, mackinaw said:

The stop-start icon will light up, but there's a slash mark over it showing it's disabled.  And this is with the engine totally warmed up and foot planted firmly on the brakes.  It seems that the vehicle can sense bad weather (snow, ice).  At least that's my guess right now, maybe I'll learn more as the winter goes on.  Actually I'm impressed that it can do that.

It’s not safety - it’s probably the defroster or needing to run the heater.

From the manual

Enabling Auto-Start-Stop
The system is enabled every time you start your vehicle if the following conditions are met:
  • You do not press the Auto-Start-Stop button.
  • Your vehicle exceeds an initial speed of 3 mph (5 km/h) after the vehicle initially starts.
  • Your vehicle is stopped.
  • Your foot is on the brake pedal.
  • The transmission is in drive (D).
  • The driver door is closed.
  • There is adequate brake vacuum.
  • The interior compartment has cooled or warmed to an acceptable level.
  • The front windshield defroster is off.
  • The steering wheel is not being turned.
  • The vehicle is not on a steep road slope.
  • The battery is within optimal operating conditions, such as battery state of charge and temperature in range.
  • The engine coolant is at operating temperature.
  • Your vehicle is not being driven at a high altitude.
  • The ambient temperature is moderate.

Edited by akirby

15 minutes ago, Black Label said:

Okay, I am only going off what I have read elsewhere that most Lincolns do not have such a button. Navigator does, maybe Aviator as well. Again, only from what I have read. 

Not sure who said that but they all have it as far as I know.

17 minutes ago, akirby said:

It’s not safety - it’s probably the defroster or needing to run the heater.  

From the manual:

.ambient temperature is moderate.

The last bullet point explains it, ambient temperature is anything but moderate.  High temps have been from 5-15 degrees the past three weeks.  This morning it was ten below zero.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Not sure who said that but they all have it as far as I know.

1 hour ago, TrentM said:

All newer Lincoln models have it. All newer F-150 trucks have it. Any diesel trucks do not have it.

Well, the consternation I have seen is that you have to go into the Settings in most Lincolns to disable it per ignition cycle. That is where I got that from. I guess for some people, hitting a button is too burdensome. 

51 minutes ago, Black Label said:

Well, the consternation I have seen is that you have to go into the Settings in most Lincolns to disable it per ignition cycle. That is where I got that from. I guess for some people, hitting a button is too burdensome. 

You can disable it via the menu but I’m reasonably certain they also have a button.

17 minutes ago, akirby said:

You can disable it via the menu but I’m reasonably certain they also have a button.

Okay, man, I'm just relaying what was all over a Lincoln site I am on. There was much consternation that most Lincolns do not have a button.

Is there a "surrender" emoji? I can't find it lol. 

Hi guys. Along with a pictogram, the 2021 Lincoln Navigator Owners Manual states:

"Press the Auto-Start-Stop button located on
the center console to switch the system off.
The button illuminates. This only deactivates
the system for the current ignition cycle.
Press the button again to restore
Auto-Start-Stop function."

Along with a pictogram, the 2021 Aviator, Corsair and Nautilus Owner Manuals state:

"Press the button on the instrument panel to
access the Auto-Start-Stop feature on the
touchscreen. Use the touchscreen to
deactivate the feature. Deactivating the
feature lasts only 1 key cycle. Use the
touchscreen to restore Auto-Start-Stop
function."

I am not going to check everyone's Owners Manual for every model year. ?

Just check the Index for "Auto-Start-Stop" for the correct pages in your particular Owners Manual copy.

However, for Lincoln vehicles...At worst it is a two button push (one on dash, one on SYNC screen). And in some cases, a one button push (on the center console).

Or try the seemingly permanent button pushing workaround mentioned previously...or purchase the OBDII port Auto-Start-Stop disabler.

Good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

46 minutes ago, Black Label said:

Okay, man, I'm just relaying what was all over a Lincoln site I am on. There was much consternation that most Lincolns do not have a button.

Is there a "surrender" emoji? I can't find it lol. 

Ok, on the newer Lincoln’s it appears that after you hit the button you have to then confirm it on the touch screen.  First I’ve heard of that design.  Even more reason to just let it do it’s thing and not worry about it.

15 minutes ago, akirby said:

Ok, on the newer Lincoln’s it appears that after you hit the button you have to then confirm it on the touch screen.  First I’ve heard of that design.  Even more reason to just let it do it’s thing and not worry about it.

Hi akirby. Yes, I agree. Or simply push one or two buttons if it bothers an owner/driver so much. Talk about first world problems. ??

The next step in this discussion: "Well, why make us push two buttons? Why not have the dashboard button disable it?" ?

Good luck.

Edited by bbf2530