Buying a new truck.... the truck purchase isn't the part that hurts

....... all the crap that you buy for the new truck.

I just figured up all of the stuff I have bought for this truck.

Window tint 200

Seat covers 800

Floor mats 250ish

Toolbox 700

Bumper step 270

Vent visors/Hood deflector 350

Banks pedal monster 300

Stand-alone GPS 400

[Random crap for the tool box because I don't want to take all the stuff out of any of my other trucks... every truck toolbox should have the basic man items] 500ish

Auxiliary tank 1100

Trailer hitches ( didn't need one but figured new truck needs new shiny hitches 2.5", not any of my old beat-up Rusty 2" ones) 500ish

Gooseneck ball 230

Exhaust system 1500

New (bigger) tires 1300

Other small random things that add up that I just can't think of right now

And I still don't even have a procharger and tune yet.....? (7500 ish)

IF my wife had any idea how much I am spending on accessories for this truck I would never hear the end of it!

Many things she would be okay with like floor mats tool box seat covers...but stuff like new tires for a truck that has 2000 miles on it, trailer hitches, new tool box necessities, I would catch Royal hell for.

I mean in my defense I'm not hiding it because I posted it publicly....right? if she doesn't happen to run across this post and read it that's not really my fault. And she never asked so I don't really need to tell her.

It's the same thing as she never asks me how much I spent on lunch for any given day and that's okay.. she can really give a crap what I spend on lunch everyday... so I think this is the same thing she really won't care (but I also don't need to test that theory...?)

Yup..I'm in the clear....mees thinks!?

Anyone else go a little crazy on buying stuff for the truck and maybe not fully disclose or openly advertise the actual amount of money you spent on crap for the truck?

Edited by IUEC135ELEVATOR

My friend, I can not say I feel your pain, certainly I spend too much on the 4 pick-ups in my collection, but this is just another reason I’ve never married, or will.  Gotta love women, but my opinion is they are all nuts to different degrees.  Last thing I want to do is beg to spend the money I worked for.  Or, tip-toe around my house afraid to step on a landmine subject like money.  I have peace and quiet, and absolutely no drama.  I’ve had past girlfriends pick a fight due to boredom.

Perhaps there is another way to look at it.  If she finds out, or it just gives you peace of mind,  I’d bet she would be even more pissed off if you were spending that much cabbage at strip bars.  How much (if any) you spend there, is no ones business but yours!

Back to trucks,  improving the looks and performance is something I enjoy doing, and like any hobby, adds up fast, especially with this high inflation.  I just got my new F-550, aux tank in shop waiting for me, need a flatbed, already looking at airbags, possibly super single conversion, shocks, bumper, winch, etc, some mods that cost 5-digits that can take a $75k+ Half-truck North of $100 Gs fast.  So much, in fact, I’m not rushing, prioritizing mods, doing all labor myself to save $.  Guess I’m not too bothered with this hobby.  I used to draw lifted 4X4s as a young kid in school, and as a newly retired old guy, can finally play as much, or as little, with them as I like.  A dream come true.  Certainly, some mods are just crazy expensive, and can take months to get and install, if one pulls the trigger, and goes for it.

I hear my friends say, “It is cheaper to keep her”, and “4-letter word (wife), is cheaper than ex-wife”.  If you ask me, life is short, so do what you want to.  I know you did not ask.  No truck is perfect, even brand new, so keep on wrenching, and spending if able.  Have fun!

• Haha 1

Wait a minute, if you had a beautiful new mistress or wife would you just let her run around in rags? No, you would buy her new clothes, jewelry, the best things you could to keep her happy, right? So you must do the same for your new truck, which is probably way more money than you or I have spent on our wives over the years. So when your wife does find out how much you have spent on those items instead of pampering her, that's when you can figure on spending the rest of your life on the couch or outside with the dog ?

I haven't gone as hog wild as you have, but here are some of the items I've purchased for my F-350 that hasn't even arrived yet:

Husky X-Act Contour Floor Mats

ODBLinkEX (for use with ForScan)

ODBLinkMX+

Front Windshield Sun Screen

2x4 Valance to replace the ugly front valance that comes on the 350

Some items that I will buy shortly after the Truck arrives:

S&B 60 Gallon Fuel Tank (to replace the OEM 34 gallon) - With the wife's blessing on this one

Forscan

Ziebart Undercoating

And possible items I might get but haven't decided yet:

Seat covers (haven't really found any that would not interfere with the seat cooling/heating)

Banks pedal monster (I'm going to see how the pedal responds first before I decide it's worth the money)

I'm sure there will be more items that I will add to this list eventually :)

Yup here's what I recorded but I'm sure theres more I have forgotten about

Floor mats 288
Bed steps 402
Tonneau cover 1066
Seat cover 214
Jump starter 115
Light bar 39
Light strip 31
Hood letters 22
Dash cam 265
Hitch 489
Line x 640
Tow strap 35
Atv ramps 150
Forscan 40
Tailgate letters 28
Back up led s  40
Fluid film gun and 5 gallon bucket  350 

The accessories are definitely quite the expensive after initial purchase.  I've had all this sitting for months waiting on the truck, with plenty more to come:

Husky floor liners

BuiltRight dash bracket and rear seat latch bracket

BedRug

Pace Edwards Ultragroove tonneau cover

Front light bar

Rear auxiliary reverse lights

Garmin dash cam

Still need to grab some window visors, sun shade, hitch accessories, and maybe a few other small things.

I'm right there with you, I've had a pile of parts in the garage since shortly after I ordered. Feeling much better now having a VIN that the truck will actually exist someday and I'll be able to install it all..

Adarac ladder rack

Truxedo X15 tonneau

Tailgate damper

Tremor valence

Star white mirror caps

37x12.5 General AT/X on 17" wheels

Also have a slide-in camper on order that I wouldn't be able to haul with my current 1/2 ton, so add that huge, extremely expensive accessory to the list as well ?