2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

On 3/17/2021 at 5:51 AM, mrmallerd said:

Please post order information & questions thereto here: 

I ordered a 22MY F250 on 9/10/21. Called dealership last week to see if I could add a heated steering wheel. They said they reached out to Ford Rep and he said we can’t make any changes because it is scheduled to be built. They didn’t provide a build date or VIN so I don’t know if they are blowing smoke or if Ford is just delayed on sending emails out about build dates? Anyone experience this? 

1 hour ago, CoopTrem22 said:

I ordered a 22MY F250 on 9/10/21. Called dealership last week to see if I could add a heated steering wheel. They said they reached out to Ford Rep and he said we can’t make any changes because it is scheduled to be built. They didn’t provide a build date or VIN so I don’t know if they are blowing smoke or if Ford is just delayed on sending emails out about build dates? Anyone experience this? 

My understanding of the process is, if you have a build date, you should have a VIN.

Did you receive an order confirmation email from Ford? If so, then Ford has your correct email address, and you should receive updates from them as your truck hits various milestones, such as receiving a build date. If this is the case, then I would lean towards your dealership is blowing smoke.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoopTrem22 said:

I ordered 31st August and still am "Unscheduled Clean" status.

I stopped in to chat with our Sales Manager yesterday and he advised it is being reviewed this week. He called up my order and added the KR Ultimate package. No requirement to call a Ford Rep. Entire process took about 1 minute, including printing a new updated built sheet.

If you have a built week and VIN, your dealer should have access to that info.

5 hours ago, Nighthawk37 said:

My understanding of the process is, if you have a build date, you should have a VIN.

Did you receive an order confirmation email from Ford? If so, then Ford has your correct email address, and you should receive updates from them as your truck hits various milestones, such as receiving a build date. If this is the case, then I would lean towards your dealership is blowing smoke.

I did receive and order confirmation from Ford same day I ordered 9/10 but that’s the only communication from Ford since. 

4 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

I ordered 31st August and still am "Unscheduled Clean" status.

I stopped in to chat with our Sales Manager yesterday and he advised it is being reviewed this week. He called up my order and added the KR Ultimate package. No requirement to call a Ford Rep. Entire process took about 1 minute, including printing a new updated built sheet.

If you have a built week and VIN, your dealer should have access to that info.

I didn’t receive a build date or Vin but the dealer kept saying it is scheduled and cannot make changes. I will reach back out to dealer to see if they can provide Date and/or Vin. Thanks. 

9 hours ago, CoopTrem22 said:

I didn’t receive a build date or Vin but the dealer kept saying it is scheduled and cannot make changes. I will reach back out to dealer to see if they can provide Date and/or Vin. Thanks. 

This seems to be common because it happened to me and a friend of mine at different dealerships last week. Maybe Ice Capades can comment on whether Ford is restricting changes to unscheduled build orders. I do know that I complained and it finally took a regional rep to approve a change on my order to add led and lariat ultimate. Looks like this week there will be no scheduled Super Duty trucks so if they don’t have a VIN I would complain that you want the order amended. It’s not delaying anything if there is zero scheduling until Nov 11. And maybe they will not even schedule on that day since it’s a holiday. Who knows. 

12 minutes ago, GynormousMellon said:

How long is the order number?  Mine is 10 digits but when I plug it and the VIN into the tracker, I receive the following message. 

We're sorry. We are unable to process this Order. Please enter a valid Ford Order/VIN.

Mine is 4 alpha numeric characters.

18 minutes ago, Rcpd34 said:

Mine is 4 alpha numeric characters.

Hmmmm, I ordered through Military Auto Service (MAS) and theirs's is 10 digits.

My VIN just showed up a few days ago and their tracker shows "Product Scheduled" with the next steps being Built - Transit - Arrived at US Destination.  Wonder if that means it is scheduled to be built?

Is there another method to track online with just the VIN?

Edited by GynormousMellon

23 minutes ago, ardvark666 said:

This seems to be common because it happened to me and a friend of mine at different dealerships last week. Maybe Ice Capades can comment on whether Ford is restricting changes to unscheduled build orders. I do know that I complained and it finally took a regional rep to approve a change on my order to add led and lariat ultimate. Looks like this week there will be no scheduled Super Duty trucks so if they don’t have a VIN I would complain that you want the order amended. It’s not delaying anything if there is zero scheduling until Nov 11. And maybe they will not even schedule on that day since it’s a holiday. Who knows. 

Normally, scheduled orders aren't locked in until the "Scheduled to Day" status is reached or approximately two weeks prior to the scheduled build date. However, due to the tremendous increase in the number of retail customer factory orders, along with the high number of orders being altered, orders in general are getting "locked in" much earlier than usual. The scheduling process has become substantially more complex due to the microchip shortages, supplier issues, commodity restraints, interrupted plant production schedules, etc. Complicating matters further is Dealers having to deal with submitting retail order information to the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) for approval in order to qualify for incremental allocation and priority scheduling and Dealers failing to attach the customer's e-mail address to retail factory orders so that customers will receive communications from Ford. Worst of all is the number of dealerships that can't be bother, don't know, aren't aware of the resources and information available, etc. or simply incompetent regarding their Order Bank management and communicating with their customers. It's not easy since Ford has made the whole ordering and scheduling process much more difficult, complex and time consuming. 

24 minutes ago, GynormousMellon said:

How long is the order number?  Mine is 10 digits but when I plug it and the VIN into the tracker, I receive the following message. 

We're sorry. We are unable to process this Order. Please enter a valid Ford Order/VIN.

Order numbers are 4 digits only... alpha numeric capable, all numbers (1234) or letters and numbers (R123, F123, etc.)   

15 minutes ago, GynormousMellon said:

Hmmmm, I ordered through Military Auto Service (MAS) and theirs's is 10 digits.

My VIN just showed up a few days ago and their tracker shows "Product Scheduled" with the next steps being Built - Transit - Arrived at US Destination.  Wonder if that means it is scheduled to be built?

Is there another method to track online with just the VIN?

The MAS (Military Auto Service) ordering process is totally different which is why the 10-digit order numbers can't be used for the regular order tracking process. If you have a VIN number, the order is scheduled. For more detailed information (scheduled date, etc.) you'd need to contact the MAS representative or the individual that submitted the order.  

10 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The MAS (Military Auto Service) ordering process is totally different which is why the 10-digit order numbers can't be used for the regular order tracking process. If you have a VIN number, the order is scheduled. For more detailed information (scheduled date, etc.) you'd need to contact the MAS representative or the individual that submitted the order.  

@ice-capades Thanks for your incite on this.  Since it is scheduled, I'll just put on my patience pants and wait for the next step.

Edited by GynormousMellon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ardvark666 said:

14 hours ago, Rcpd34 said:

I didn’t get an order confirmation. Dealer says it’s hit or miss. I got one for my Mach e order. If there’s a VIN, the dealer should be able to give it to you.

I’ll reach back out to dealer to see if I can get them to add it or provide me with a VIN. Thanks. 

35 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Normally, scheduled orders aren't locked in until the "Scheduled to Day" status is reached or approximately two weeks prior to the scheduled build date. However, due to the tremendous increase in the number of retail customer factory orders, along with the high number of orders being altered, orders in general are getting "locked in" much earlier than usual. The scheduling process has become substantially more complex due to the microchip shortages, supplier issues, commodity restraints, interrupted plant production schedules, etc. Complicating matters further is Dealers having to deal with submitting retail order information to the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) for approval in order to qualify for incremental allocation and priority scheduling and Dealers failing to attach the customer's e-mail address to retail factory orders so that customers will receive communications from Ford. Worst of all is the number of dealerships that can't be bother, don't know, aren't aware of the resources and information available, etc. or simply incompetent regarding their Order Bank management and communicating with their customers. It's not easy since Ford has made the whole ordering and scheduling process much more difficult, complex and time consuming. 

Thanks for the info!

16 minutes ago, CoopTrem22 said:

Does anyone had the code for adding a heated steering wheel to the Lariat? I didn’t realize this wasn’t part of the Lariat Ultimate package. 

You can look it up in the 2022 Super Duty Pick-Up Order Guide which is available for download in the Dealer Order Guides Section. See the tab in the menu at the top of all pages. 

I ordered a 2022 F250 Lariat blackout powerstroke in mid july…receiver my build date and vin for week of 10/25/21 on 9/16.  On 10/4/21 it was pushed back to 11/01/2021, on 10/14 it was pushed back to 11/8 build week and just yesterday it was pushed back to 11/15…is anyone else having these issues or have any insight as to why?