Recently scheduled with 5th wheel prep

Joeyd9590

Good morning,

For those of you who were recently scheduled to build with the fifth wheel prep, what was your order date? Just trying to get a ballpark idea. I ordered back in December. I know fifth wheel prep is holding up my build, that’s the only commodity I have that would cause the delay (no spray in liner, tonneau cover, no AS). I really don’t want to pull it from my order but I also don’t want to get stuck transitioning to a MY23. I’m confident I can install the fifth wheel prep package on my truck at a later date but just trying to avoid doing it if I don’t have to. I looked online through ford accessories website and you can still purchase the prep kit from the website, it makes no mention of back order or anything. 

Just looking for a general idea how long I could expect to wait if I keep the fifth wheel prep in my order. 

Ordered September 24th got bumped again 

first build date week of 1/31 then bumped to 2/14, 2/21, now 2/28

i can’t order a new truck every couple of years so I want what I want. Have no choice but wait patiently

yes have bed liner, 5th wheel, and A/S.

got bumped three more times 3/7  3/21 now 3/28

Edited by Sh6l9by

Thanks for the replies.

I just got off the phone with the dealer. Sales manager was going to pull the fifth wheel prep off my order but saw that ford bumped be up to a priority 2 so he couldn’t change anything. He thinks I’ll get a build date any day now. Fingers crossed, that was a good update. 

Ordered 10/27.  Priority code 10,  F350 SRW CCSB 4x4 Lariat Ultimate w/ 5th wheel prep, Spray in bedliner, sunroof, mudflaps, wheel well liners.  Dropped bedliner around 1/17.  Received VIN and build date of 3/7 on 2/1.  Then  on 2/5 received an email pushing build back to 3/14.  Received another email from Ford on 2/7 advising build date moved back to original 3/7 date.  I was set on waiting for the 5th wheel prep.

Good luck.

Edited by Toe Truck

22 hours ago, Joeyd9590 said:

Thanks for the replies.

I just got off the phone with the dealer. Sales manager was going to pull the fifth wheel prep off my order but saw that ford bumped be up to a priority 2 so he couldn’t change anything. He thinks I’ll get a build date any day now. Fingers crossed, that was a good update. 

I hope that works for you. I ordered on 9/3, was moved to Priority 2 in November and I was told the same thing. It isn't quite true, you can add/remove options you will just get set to Priority 10 IIRC, I'm not sure that really matters these days. I was finally scheduled for build on Feb 1. Scheduled for Mar 7, then Mar 14, then Mar 21 and now back to Mar 14. I had the 5th wheel prep and spray in bed liner and just waited it out. with everyone and their brother cancelling those options they may be more available than thought.

bob

• Like 1

On 2/20/2022 at 1:13 AM, Wofulcyrcle said:

Ordered 10/7, Priority code 19.  Sent to plant 12/21, produced 01/27.  Sent offsite for fifth wheel prep and released awaiting shipment 02/01.  Now in transit starting 02/12

F350 SRW CCLB Platinum, 5th wheel package, no spray in bedliner, no AS, no Tonneau cover

Where do these trucks go for the 5th wheel prep? Seems easy enough to install before the box goes on

On 2/23/2022 at 2:17 PM, Uconnrick said:

Ordered a King Ranch 450 on 11/10. No VIN issued. As a matter of fact, outside of my bothering the dealer, have heard zip. 

No AS, but getting 5th wheel package and bed liner. I'm jealous!

I'm in the same boat. I ordered 2 trucks on 11/9/21 and other than a confirmation the same day I've heard nothing. The dealer who I bug once a month says it still says clear and awaiting scheduling. 5th wheel prep but no AS, bed liner or Cover. I'm getting really tired of waiting. Dealer originally told me 10-12 weeks worst case scenario. Have multiple people I know getting truck left and right who ordered 6-8 weeks ago. No ryme or reason to how and when things get scheduled it seems. 

53 minutes ago, CodyH said:

I'm in the same boat. I ordered 2 trucks on 11/9/21 and other than a confirmation the same day I've heard nothing. The dealer who I bug once a month says it still says clear and awaiting scheduling. 5th wheel prep but no AS, bed liner or Cover. I'm getting really tired of waiting. Dealer originally told me 10-12 weeks worst case scenario. Have multiple people I know getting truck left and right who ordered 6-8 weeks ago. No ryme or reason to how and when things get scheduled it seems. 

Unless you ordered a fairly basic truck, there was minimal chance of receiving it within 10-12 weeks. With 5th wheel prep, the probability is even less.

I ordered in August and was advised 6 - 8 months and mine still isn't scheduled. Mine previewed briefly in November, but couldn't get scheduled due to commodity restraints (truck bed & wheels) and then got moved to priority 1 early December. Been previewing again this motnh, but still not scheduled. I note many others ordered well before me, some as far back as March and are still waiting. Welcome to the club.

The primary factors in scheduling are commodity restraints and where your truck is in your dealer.s queue. Last time I chatted with our Sales Manager he had over 60 SD's on order, so anyone just submitting an order has a long wait before they get to a position in the queue where they are considered for scheduling.

How many SD's does your dealer have ahead of your 2 orders?

F350 XLT 7.3 with 5th prep. Ordered 8-16, email from Ford the same day. Received email with vin Early February with schedule date of 3-7. A week later got bumped to 3-14, then 3-21. Latest email bumped me back to 3-14. Hope it holds there.

F-350 Lariat SRW 7.3 with 5th wheel prep, ordered 10/27/2021, got scheduled build week email Jan 13, with build week of 28 Feb, then pushed back to Mar 7th, then again to Mar 14th, now just got another email last evening to March 21st.  Hopefully that is the last one, but probably not, LOL