2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

8 hours ago, system said:

My guess on the tails would be this. Lariats were never meant to get full LED for 2023. Just like they get the reflector LED headlights as opposed to projector. Someone at Ford, seeing that the reverse lights were LED, misrepresented the tails as a whole and now that the issue has been caught, Ford is removing mention of full LED tail lights from all literature and their website. 

Wonder if those who waited on Job 2  and specifically are electing to get scales as a Lariat option (with the taillight LED indicators) will wind up getting full LED.

Edited by schneesb

32 minutes ago, schneesb said:

Wonder if those who waited on Job 2  and specifically are electing to get scales as a Lariat option (with the taillight LED indicators) will wind up getting full LED.

I’ve been wondering the same thing. I didn’t add on board scales but I have thought about adding them in hopes it could maybe get me full LED

14 hours ago, system said:

My guess on the tails would be this. Lariats were never meant to get full LED for 2023. Just like they get the reflector LED headlights as opposed to projector. Someone at Ford, seeing that the reverse lights were LED, misrepresented the tails as a whole and now that the issue has been caught, Ford is removing mention of full LED tail lights from all literature and their website. 

Led tails are also listed in the updated order guide

Screenshot_20230331-063055_Facebook.jpg

57 minutes ago, Wizardfitz said:

Led tails are also listed in the updated order guide

Yes, I realize that and that was the point of my post. Someone (or some ones in some dept.) at Ford made a mistake and confused LED back up lights with full LED tails and put the wrong info on the website and in the guide. It doesn't really matter to me though. If they come on and turn red when I apply pressure to the brake pedal, I'm fine with it. 

Edited by system
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, wfjames22 said:

The funniest part to me about the led taillights is that apparently my 2023 lariat ultimate f250 isn't going to have them while my 2018 lariat f150 has full led taillights...as does my girlfriend's 2018 limited expedition. 

My 2021 F-150 Lariat has full LED tails and projector headlights and cost me $20,000 less than what I will be paying for my F-250 where you can't get the same. Which is why I don't understand Ford's logic of not including them on the Super Duty Lariat's and King Ranch. Maybe that was Ford's logic to increase sales in the higher trim levels but they still can't produce in the number of orders required to meet customer demand, so I don't know. If it were an option, I am sure most Lariat and King Ranch buyers would opt for that option and be willing to pay more for it. I am still hoping we are able to buy the LED parts once they become available for a plug and play fit.

On 4/5/2023 at 7:23 AM, XLT_CO said:

what is the status with the Pro-Power on board option. Is it a major supply issue? will it kill my build all together?

My f350 just got built this week and has 2k pro power.  Now, my build date used to be in February then got pushed to mid April THEN got moved to mid March.   Which option(s) caused all this, I have no idea.   Could it have been the spray in bed liner, wheel well liners, etc.  no idea.  

2 hours ago, truckasaur said:

My f350 just got built this week and has 2k pro power.  Now, my build date used to be in February then got pushed to mid April THEN got moved to mid March.   Which option(s) caused all this, I have no idea.   Could it have been the spray in bed liner, wheel well liners, etc.  no idea.  

That's great news that the Pro-Power isn't an issue preventing scheduling !!   So now my best guess is that the 410 amp alternator is holding up the show on mine (based on the bulletin posted earlier).   The winch requires the 410 amp alternators ( 250 + 160 amp) so I'm thinking about removing the winch from the order. Also very odd that the Pro power option required REMOVAL of the 410 amp alt per the Ford Build page but the winch requires the 410 amp Alt. Maybe those two selections together are causing a problem?‍♂️

48 minutes ago, AggieF350 said:

Finally got my window sticker last week sales guy said should be built 04/08 ??

(noticed I had a $550 discount for the lariat ultimate package)

Did it say what they deleted? Mine was built on 1/23 but stayed in production until 3/28. I have the lariat ultimate but no deducts on any of my options. Still hasn't shipped according to the tracker. 

33 minutes ago, wfjames22 said:

Did it say what they deleted? Mine was built on 1/23 but stayed in production until 3/28. I have the lariat ultimate but no deducts on any of my options. Still hasn't shipped according to the tracker. 

Most likely a multiple package discount... not a deletion of an option. 

54 minutes ago, wfjames22 said:

None that I know of but time will tell when it’s delivered.. I do have ultimate package and sport package 

2 hours ago, AggieF350 said:

None that I know of but time will tell when it’s delivered.. I do have ultimate package and sport package 

I believe that’s because ultimate has power running boards in the package, and sport has the fixed boards in package. So you will get fixed boards and they discount $550. Funny last year they were like 1k for power running boards but only discounted you half. 

4 hours ago, AggieF350 said:

Finally got my window sticker last week sales guy said should be built 04/08 ??

(noticed I had a $550 discount for the lariat ultimate package)

Is this a Tremor? I saw a 23 tremor with a discount for the tremor package since it had the sport and ultimate package included. I have the sport (lists platform running boards) and ultimate, but no discount.  

2 hours ago, Fox-BLUE1 said:

Is this a Tremor? I saw a 23 tremor with a discount for the tremor package since it had the sport and ultimate package included. I have the sport (lists platform running boards) and ultimate, but no discount.  

No not a tremor

13 hours ago, AggieF350 said:

The sport package deletes the power running boards that come with the ultimate. I'm guessing that would account for the discount? I just went to build and price to verify but it's down right now so I'm not 100% sure...

Edited by system
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, ZZ4X4 said:

That's great news that the Pro-Power isn't an issue preventing scheduling !!   So now my best guess is that the 410 amp alternator is holding up the show on mine (based on the bulletin posted earlier).   The winch requires the 410 amp alternators ( 250 + 160 amp) so I'm thinking about removing the winch from the order. Also very odd that the Pro power option required REMOVAL of the 410 amp alt per the Ford Build page but the winch requires the 410 amp Alt. Maybe those two selections together are causing a problem?‍♂️

My 350 sc with 410 alternator was shipped out 2 days ago, so hopefully your not being held up by the alternator ?

Just in case anyone doesn't know... the dual alternator setup is different between the stand alone option and the PPO setup. The standard dual alts are both 12v. The duals that come with the PPO have one 12v and one 24v that is dedicated to the inverter. There are also two small batteries under the passenger side rear seat for the PPO. 

Edited by system
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, system said:

Just in case anyone doesn't know... the dual alternator setup is different between the stand alone option and the PPO setup. The standard dual alts are both 12v. The duals that come with the PPO have one 12v and one 24v that is dedicated to the inverter. There are also two small batteries under the passenger side rear seat for the PPO. 

Thanks for the info.  I saw that the PPO needs the 250Amp 12V and the 150Amp 24V alternator ( 400 total amps) .  But the winch needs the 410Amp set (250Amp 12V + 160amp 12V?)   So I'm wondering how will the PPO work with the winch option?

Any sign of a Limited being produced? My '22 was never produced. No word from Ford or the dealer ever about it... Ordered a '23 the day the block opened. Dealer says a '23 may not happen either. Am I gettign accurate information? Thank you!