Jump to content

The Ford Order Tracking System Is No Longer Available.  THANKS Cyberdman For Making Available All Of These Past Years.  More Here.

ice-capades

2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Recommended Posts

So when can we order?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy they brought Pro Power OnBoard to the Super Duty F-Series but very disappointed that it's only 2kW. I wonder if they're still working out the kinks and we'll maybe see a better version in 2024 or 2025.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really want to know more about the high output version of the power stroke. Hopefully they release that information soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Evanl said:

I really want to know more about the high output version of the power stroke. Hopefully they release that information soon.

 

2023 Super Duty - New 6.8L V7 & New High-Output 6.7L Power Stroke V8

 

Serving Customer Demand with Two New Engines.pdf

 

Serving Customer Demand with Two New Engines.jpg

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will say that I’m happy they put the camera in the tailgate. I’ve never had cameras until I got my 22 and the first time I had the tailgate down I  had a panic attack thinking I had backed into something when I saw the screen. That has taken some time getting used to even though I don’t use the cameras.

 

Can’t wait to see the full specs and order guide when it comes out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t like the steps built into the truck. The tailgate step was fine. I hope the cameras are better on the new model. I would order a 23 since the 22 is just ok but they got rid of Atlas Blue. Time to go back to a Ram. Ford is a huge disappointment so far. I really regret selling a Ram to get a Ford. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure I'll mess with the build and price utility when its available to see the price and configurations.  If Ford makes the Lariat Ultimate package available with the HO 6.7 in a super cab I'd consider getting a 23 if the trade in value was acceptable on my 22.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, CharlieKelley said:

Will pricing information be released before the order banks open?

 

Pricing will not be available until the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2022 at 7:38 PM, ice-capades said:

 

Sure but there seems to be quite a few things that won't be available until "Spring 2023".  That is going to suck for folks that get skipped for MY22 and are hoping to get something early in '23. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ice-capades said:

 

Pricing will not be available until the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opens. 

Sorry for my ignorance, but is the USOB the same as the Order Bank that's scheduled to open on October 20?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CharlieKelley said:

Sorry for my ignorance, but is the USOB the same as the Order Bank that's scheduled to open on October 20?

Yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CharlieKelley said:

Sorry for my ignorance, but is the USOB the same as the Order Bank that's scheduled to open on October 20?

 

Yes! There's only one.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did see a random tid bit of info that stated the Oil Change Interval (OCI) was going to be extended as well.  Interesting to see if that's across all versions of the 6.7L motors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2022 at 1:37 PM, 1972Mach1 said:

I'm sure I'll mess with the build and price utility when its available to see the price and configurations.  If Ford makes the Lariat Ultimate package available with the HO 6.7 in a super cab I'd consider getting a 23 if the trade in value was acceptable on my 22.

You'll make money on the trade. I ordered 2 MY22 250s. I ordered an XL early February and a loaded Lariat at the end of February. Both crew cab, 8' bed and 'zilla. Got the Lariat in June and traded it 3 weeks later (long story) for a profit. 

 

I'm waiting for my XL still (in production since mid-September) and will probably drive that until my MY23 is built. Order early and by the time you have it, you'll get the plan discount plus any profit due to a raise in MSRP during your wait. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Used truck market has fallen off a cliff. My new truck is supposed to be here next week. Ive gotten 3 different offers well below sticker for my current 2022 SRW. Trying to go back to the DRW but it doesnt look like its going to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, THASS said:

You'll make money on the trade. I ordered 2 MY22 250s. I ordered an XL early February and a loaded Lariat at the end of February. Both crew cab, 8' bed and 'zilla. Got the Lariat in June and traded it 3 weeks later (long story) for a profit. 

 

I'm waiting for my XL still (in production since mid-September) and will probably drive that until my MY23 is built. Order early and by the time you have it, you'll get the plan discount plus any profit due to a raise in MSRP during your wait. 

 

If you are referring to the X-plan discount, you have a contract with Ford to keep it for 6 months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jhaber said:

Used truck market has fallen off a cliff. My new truck is supposed to be here next week. Ive gotten 3 different offers well below sticker for my current 2022 SRW. Trying to go back to the DRW but it doesnt look like its going to happen.

 

Yes it has, but will sales pick up towards the end of the year with little to no inventory available? Also, if Ford raises the price much on the 2023 the 2022's will retain more value. I think a lot of people including myself are in a wait and see mode, but that could change quickly.

 

I'm picking up a 22 on Tuesday and have not decided if I will sell the current truck I have and/or order a 2023. Probably won't decide until end of October or November.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm always somewhat surprised at the number of posters and customers that are waiting or taken delivery of 2022MY's and talking about ordering 2023MY's. They're by a large part the minority of customers that have the financial resources to buy a 2022MY vehicle to be traded-in or sold and to then buy a 2023MY vehicle. The economy and market conditions are changing quickly and the advantages that existed previously are disappearing as the economic and market conditions continue to deteriorate. Commodity, plant and supplier constraints will continue for the foreseeable future, along with possibly substantial price increases and increased financing costs that will all affect demand as the economic conditions overall change market behavior. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll most likely be ordering a '23 due to my '22 order not being scheduled. With no SD scheduling next week, I can't see how it can happen. I'd like to stick with my Platinum order, but I suspect that the Platinum is a trim level that won't be available until the spring. I'm guessing it'll be next May or June, at best, before it might show up. That would put it at a year longer than I originally expected. I have to admit that I'm getting less and less excited about buying a new truck. The world was a whole different place when I ordered last December.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ice-capades said:

I'm always somewhat surprised at the number of posters and customers that are waiting or taken delivery of 2022MY's and talking about ordering 2023MY's. They're by a large part the minority of customers that have the financial resources to buy a 2022MY vehicle to be traded-in or sold and to then buy a 2023MY vehicle. The economy and market conditions are changing quickly and the advantages that existed previously are disappearing as the economic and market conditions continue to deteriorate. Commodity, plant and supplier constraints will continue for the foreseeable future, along with possibly substantial price increases and increased financing costs that will all affect demand as the economic conditions overall change market behavior. 

 

Do you have access to any data that would show the number of super duties produced per year for the last 10 or 20 years?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Robin Hood said:

 

Do you have access to any data that would show the number of super duties produced per year for the last 10 or 20 years?

 

No, I don't have production data. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Robin Hood said:

 

Do you have access to any data that would show the number of super duties produced per year for the last 10 or 20 years?

You may have success pouring through Ford's investor site, which should have monthly or quarterly sales data posted from their press releases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×