2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

So, I know there is a strike and that will probably affect production at some point if that isn’t resolved.  Back in August, I ordered  a 2024 Lariat Ultimate Tremor and have received a confirmation e-mail and follow-up e-mail regarding that truck.  

Earlier this week I got the standard “….supply chain issues…..we’re working on it” e-mail from Ford earlier regarding my 2023 Platinum order from October 2022. It’s not been scheduled, no VIN, nada.  I was under the impression that any 2023s that haven’t been scheduled by now wouldn’t be built.  Why am I still receiving an e-mail regarding that order if that’s the case?    

I got that mail for my 23 order as well last Sunday. It explains why I didn't get a "sorry, we didn't get to it" mail because it looks like no cleanup was done on the old order bank. I don't know how that's supposed to work, but I'd expect there would have been some sort of close out on unscheduled orders that doesn't seem to have happened yet. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, fordsixsev said:

With this strike happening, my truck is labled as "built" right now, I dont know if it is going to ship because of the strike. Will it or am I gonna be waiting a while?

If it’s truly finished and not waiting on bedliner or other stuff then it’s been turned over to the shipper.  So it depends on whether the local shipping company honors the strike or not.

21 minutes ago, akirby said:

If it’s truly finished and not waiting on bedliner or other stuff then it’s been turned over to the shipper.  So it depends on whether the local shipping company honors the strike or not.

Yea my truck is being shipped via rail on union pacific I believe. Yea everything is done bedliner n all. Just awaiting shipping now. hopfully UP doesnt honor the strike.

Got my 2023 F350 Platinum Tremor with HO engine. Huge improvement on the 2022 model I traded

Quiter, feel the extra torque especially when towing, drives more like a half ton as is very light on the road.

The steering is so light compared to my 2022 - feels like I have adaptive steering but dealer says not

Smoother through the gears

I debated heavily about the increased price but glad I pulled the trigger

Larger payload creating more stability on the road with my 5th wheel. (approx extra 500lbs to 3780lbs)

The cabin must be more insulated I assume as it is so quiet

Prefer the 2022 seats but will get used to these

Love the side and rear steps for easy access. I don't have the retractable ones - they clog up in snowy winter conditions

Love the camera when the tailgate is down

Front cross and rear sensor are wonderful

Pulling into the garage or up to something the front camera comes on auto and the sensors alert me

Hate the front break assist - Need to turn it off it seems very unpredictable :(

All round I think this is the best SD Ford has produced