Fords Onboard Scale/Smart Hitch Win Awards

6 hours ago, mackinaw said:

You seem to have a knack for getting into focus groups.  Not your first one, if I remember correctly.  Location?  

Atlanta.  I somehow ended up on the client list for a local company that does all sorts of tests and focus groups on everything from cosmetics to food to vehicles.  I don’t always get in.  On this last one there was a question that asked would you consider an EV pickup and I said yes which was not only honest but the answer I thought they wanted.  Guy called back and asked me to clarify and then said oh no that will disqualify you so I said oh wait of course I meant no (wink wink) and he let me in.  Which I still don’t quite understand because the stuff I saw would work for Lightnings just fine.  It was a 2.5 hour session with just me and another guy.  Very cool and I made $175.

Two previous ones were group sessions for the “new” 2015 ish Camry exterior styling.(nobody liked it) and a couple of years ago for the Rivian truck and SUV ( no vehicles just pictures videos and interior samples and a bunch of questions on price, range and power combinations).

Back in 2002 I was invited to a preview of the brand new unseen 2003 Aviator at a local resort/winery.  We test drove it and a BMW x5 and Honda Pilot I think and then answered questions.  I assume that invite came from Ford but no idea how or why except we had owned several explorers and an expedition..  Ended up buying one a year later.

I have to admit to being pretty impressed with some of the Ford Pro tools, to the point that I think Ford should offer them to other manufacturers in segments where Ford doesn't compete like trucks bigger than the F750, etc. And while us old hands who learned on trucks with manual transmissions, no cameras, and no ABS probably don't need Ford Pro's tools, we were all newbies once and the newbies today could sure use Ford Pro's help!

On 12/1/2022 at 6:43 PM, akirby said:

Atlanta.  I somehow ended up on the client list for a local company that does all sorts of tests and focus groups on everything from cosmetics to food to vehicles.  I don’t always get in.  On this last one there was a question that asked would you consider an EV pickup and I said yes which was not only honest but the answer I thought they wanted.  Guy called back and asked me to clarify and then said oh no that will disqualify you so I said oh wait of course I meant no (wink wink) and he let me in.  Which I still don’t quite understand because the stuff I saw would work for Lightnings just fine.  It was a 2.5 hour session with just me and another guy.  Very cool and I made $175.

Two previous ones were group sessions for the “new” 2015 ish Camry exterior styling.(nobody liked it) and a couple of years ago for the Rivian truck and SUV ( no vehicles just pictures videos and interior samples and a bunch of questions on price, range and power combinations).

Back in 2002 I was invited to a preview of the brand new unseen 2003 Aviator at a local resort/winery.  We test drove it and a BMW x5 and Honda Pilot I think and then answered questions.  I assume that invite came from Ford but no idea how or why except we had owned several explorers and an expedition..  Ended up buying one a year later.

I got invited to a Mustang-related one last year, but I think I replied too late to be part of it.

i probably would’ve been disqualified from it in a screening process though once I’d mention I had a Bronco on order and wouldn’t be purchasing another Mustang.

On 12/1/2022 at 6:43 PM, akirby said:

We must run in the same circle because always getting hit up for various focus groups around town and getting a free sandwich and $50 visa card is pretty sweet!