Ford expects to lose $3 billion on EVs this year

2 hours ago, akirby said:

Nobody said the majority of buyers wanted EVs.  But there is clearly a large percentage of buyers that WANT EVs which does not support the claim that the general public doesn’t want them at all.

This.

Enough buyers want to change, be that early adopters or folks that can make owning one work with home charging and a few public recharges when needed. Those that dismiss EVs for now seem to be trying to drown out those open to them.

Originally, BEVs were all about zero emissions by stopping burning gasoline and diesel, now it’s about home powered by solar/wind/battery and only connected to the grid as a backup.BEVs charging at home an added opportunity. A lot of issues are being conflated in a wider discussion about energy freedom. Are we getting ahead of ourselves by seeing the possibilities with a better future

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

On 4/1/2023 at 3:24 PM, akirby said:

Nobody said the majority of buyers wanted EVs.  But there is clearly a large percentage of buyers that WANT EVs which does not support the claim that the general public doesn’t want them at all.

To that end, a little birdie told me of a rumor to expect a big announcement sometime this week, something even I didn’t see coming this soon. 

Edit: it might have come from a shit-stirrer so I’m like 70/30 on it not being true.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 4

On 4/2/2023 at 7:50 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

To that end, a little birdie told me of a rumor to expect a big announcement sometime this week, something even I didn’t see coming this soon. 

Edit: it might have come from a shit-stirrer so I’m like 70/30 on it not being true.

Well, it turns out it was true: https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2023/04/04/ford-f-150-lightning-production-dearborn-truck-plant-rouge-workers/70079536007/

• Like 4

On 4/1/2023 at 2:24 PM, akirby said:

I don't see anybody saying that the general public doesn't want them at all, either. There's lots of over-generalization on both sides of this argument, and not a lot of evidence to say anything other than some people want EVs and some don't. 

34 minutes ago, akirby said:

CA4773D2-EC78-40E9-B943-BB1411871BBD.jpeg

If you're going to read it that way, then reading your post to say that everybody wants them is equally valid, although common sense would tell you that neither of those interpretations are accurate.

Edited by SoonerLS
  • Like 1