2024 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

5 hours ago, CRF450 Rider said:

Your doing better than me, I’m moving backwards 

IMG_5438.png

Check again in the morning and see if it says shipped.  Otherwise it got wrecked driving off the assembly line into the rail car!   I’ve heard other see that happen on the tracker so don’t worry and ignore the wrecked driving off the assembly line joke. 

Truck picked up and finished the 1600 mile drive home. Performed flawlessly, 18.1mpg @ 70. Trip home with the 2022 was a blizzard nightmare, this trip never saw one raindrop. Overall, VERY impressed with the 2024 F450. Feels mostly the same as the 2022, max recline seats were indeed worth the upgrade. Also the truck drives itself with the lane keeping and adaptive cruise. REALLY REALLY nice. Made 13 hour days driving nice. Can’t say I really feel any more beans in the HO motor, although I know they are there. Sounds the same. Transmission seems to shift smarter/harder, which I like. Felt like I spent way less time in what I thought was the wrong gear for speed/conditions. Exhaust brake feels stronger and more integrated with the 10 speed. Bed liner install Thursday, Duraflap mudflaps install tomorrow. It is no longer needed to upgrade to the quad lights, the stock LED lights in the 2024 Lariat are excellent!!! Duraflap is actually doing the install since it’s the first 2024 HO and they want to make sure they are the same and or document any changes in the product for others. Turns out they are in my small town where I live. Use Duraflap’s if you can, they really are a great company with a great product. I did the install myself on the 2022 and it was painless and easy. 
Overall, what ever the process is and the hell you go through in the build process, be patient. This is an asset you will have for a long long time and try to look at it as what’s a few more months. I know, easy for me to say with mine sitting in the parking lot, but I did wait a year for the 2022 and felt the same way. 

IMG_1316.jpeg

IMG_1324.jpeg

Edited by jarrsong
  • Like 4

Delivery Update - 

I ordered on 8/12, was built on 11/16 after a couple short delays, delivered to dealer very close to KTP about 11/30, and recently picked up.  First impressions are super impressed across the board. This is our first 3/4 ton or even pickup but have driven many make and model lower trim 1/2 tons in the past.  We also own and have towed with our 1995 Bronco, 5.8 Liter, XLT.  The reason for this purchase was to move up in tow capacity from our 2015 Mercedes GL 350 (3.0 Liter Blue-tec diesel), which is an extremely comfortable cruiser and very capable to tow small travel trailers.  Other than the obvious increase in overall size and towing capability, the Limited's overall ride quality is very good, and cockpit creature comforts are fantastic.  I'll report back later after we go down the road with a trailer.  

2024 F-250, Limited, SRW, crew cab, short bed, and most options

(Note:  photos show front side windows with 35% tint and a 20% tint top of windshield strip/brow

2024 F250 At Pick Up v1.jpg

2024 F250 Drivers Side From Rear v1.jpg

2024 F250 Front v1.jpg

• Like 3

Ok, total rookie here with this build stuff and want to order a F450 Lariat fairly gussied up - Getting conflicting information from the dealers here in the Houston / Dallas area. One is telling me a year for delivery, no deposit and no worries, if you don't want it we'll put it on the lot for 10K more than the build sheet. The other is saying have to come to Dallas for ink on paper, 1K down and after a certain point on the build, you're on the hook for the truck.

I have zero issue with money down and I need the truck for our new DRV but what's up with the divergent sale pitches? Is there a standout SD dealer in TX or LA for that matter that folks here trust? I'm prepared to drive further if need be for the right dealer! 

2024 average wait time for a Lariat build so far from the group? 

11 minutes ago, dak47 said:

Ok, total rookie here with this build stuff and want to order a F450 Lariat fairly gussied up - Getting conflicting information from the dealers here in the Houston / Dallas area. One is telling me a year for delivery, no deposit and no worries, if you don't want it we'll put it on the lot for 10K more than the build sheet. The other is saying have to come to Dallas for ink on paper, 1K down and after a certain point on the build, you're on the hook for the truck.

I have zero issue with money down and I need the truck for our new DRV but what's up with the divergent sale pitches? Is there a standout SD dealer in TX or LA for that matter that folks here trust? I'm prepared to drive further if need be for the right dealer! 

Ordered 7/19. Add 6 weeks of strike in between. Shipped to the dealer this week 

F250 Lariat

54 minutes ago, dak47 said:

Ordered 450 lariat ultimate package Oxford white. , Fx4, spray in liner, wheel well liner, mud flaps, onboard scales, 410 dual alternator, carpet delete, console vault on 7/17. In production 11/19, built 12/2, shipped 12/5, ETA currently 12/23 - 1/5. 

3 hours ago, dak47 said:

F-350 Lariat 6.7 HO DRW nicely equipped.  Ordered 11/4, built/shipped 12/19, ETA 12/26 to 1/8 (but I'm skeptical).  

I feel I just got lucky this time, but it didn't hurt that my dealer assigned priority code 10 from the start.

11 hours ago, dak47 said:

I ordered a F450 Lariat Ultimate DRW with 5th wh prep and hitch in Rapid Red on 8/1/23. My dealer contacted me last week to let me know scheduled build date is early Feb and delivery is early March 2024. 

F350 Lariat Ultimate Rapid Red with 6.7 Diesel, Onboard scales, Pro Power, Max Recline, Supplemental Heat, FX4, Gooseneck 5th wheel Prep, Locking 3:31, Chrome Pkg. 

Towing 14,980 lb Directional Drill trailer.  BigTex 16TL 22 tilt trailer with Vermeer D20x22 S3 on it.  Onboard Scales showed we had drill placed way too far back with dangerous 5% tongue weight instead of 10-15%.  Onboard scales for the win!!

Highly recommend this option for those that tow equipment.  Especially if employees are towing and don’t guess equipment placement correctly.  If you own a company where employees are towing trailer mounted equipment get OnBoard scales !!! Will save towing accidents from Bad loading !! 

Ordered 7/19.  First scheduled 9/7.   Invoiced 11/6, built and shipped 11/14.  Sat at rail yard for 18 days. Picked up 12/14.  Strike delayed by 3 weeks. 

Just ordered trailer mounted camera and tpms to add to longer trailers.  

Still trying to learn all the new features. Previous  Super Duty was a 2008. A lot has changed !!!

IMG_2509.jpeg

IMG_2510.jpeg

IMG_2460.jpeg

IMG_2524.jpeg

Edited by ClaudeSS
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all for the education and entertainment while I waited -- like many of you -- a very long time for my super duty. I picked up my Platinum on Thursday and absolutely love it. My first diesel in 30 years, so I have some learning to do. Here are a few of my first impressions after a day: 

* For the first time I may leave Auto-Highbeam on. It's super responsive and I love how it "fades on" when the road is clear, and then fade out quickly when a car comes into view. Normally I turn that feature off because I end up blinding drivers waiting for the auto beams to dim. 

* I maybe still need to find a setting, but I don't think the tow mirrors are auto-dimming. That's been jarring, since my F150 Plat did have auto dimming side mirrors I'm completely unused to getting flash-banged by headlights that come into view every so often in that giant passenger side mirror. I'm still learning how to adjust it where I want it though, it's my first side mirror bigger than my head. 

* The seats are SO nice, despite looking the same they are nicer than what was in my F150. And If I had to be delayed till a '24 model, the seat massage is a nice consolation prize.

Here's what my build journey (for the '24) looked like; my original scheduled date was 11/6 but it slipped several times landing at 12/11. Moving to "in Production" on a Saturday really surprised me, I had assumed nothing would change or happen over the weekend. But that and my As Built Data both flipped on that Saturday. That Shipped to Final Prep span was to Enumclaw WA via Convoy for anyone near there wondering how long it might take once they see their truck ship. 

image.thumb.png.56678150e509c8c4a715314b7dbc5931.png

I can't wait to hitch up and start tugging my RV along again!

image.thumb.png.8b5fe5ddbca58951dd0f653321f6d55c.png

My production week has now come and gone with no updates for a production day.  Was hoping to see something change on the tracker at least by today (1/8/24).  My dealer told me back on 12/20/23 that the build "date" was 1/7/24.  And I did get the window sticker on 12/21/23.  The excitement of finally getting a production week after my original order was placed in 2022 has once again started to wear off.

2024-01-08_5-39-40.jpg

On 1/8/2024 at 5:37 AM, ddb said:

My production week has now come and gone with no updates for a production day.  Was hoping to see something change on the tracker at least by today (1/8/24).  My dealer told me back on 12/20/23 that the build "date" was 1/7/24.  And I did get the window sticker on 12/21/23.  The excitement of finally getting a production week after my original order was placed in 2022 has once again started to wear off.

2024-01-08_5-39-40.jpg

Should have waited one more day before posting this yesterday.  I'm back to seeing some movement again.  Noticed last night that the BCE modules all populated and then this morning the tracker updated, showing the truck as built.  I'll keep saying "the" truck and not "my" truck until I have this thing in my driveway.

2024-01-09_7-00-45.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ddb said:

Should have waited one more day before posting this yesterday.  I'm back to seeing some movement again.  Noticed last night that the BCE modules all populated and then this morning the tracker updated, showing the truck as built.  I'll keep saying "the" truck and not "my" truck until I have this thing in my driveway.

Hah, I know the feeling. My wife said "congratulations!' On the drive out to get my truck and I was like "whoa, not yet, don't jinx it. I'm not going to relax until we're driving off the lot with it."  Don't freak out, that tracker is likely to go blank at some point around the time it ships. It was about half a month from "Built" to "in my driveway", though shipping is a big variable. Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ordered a 2024 F350 Lariat 6.7 w/drw and 8’ bed on December 26, 2023.  Just received my scheduled production date today, it says week of February 26.  Hopefully this holds true.  What have the rest of you been experiencing?

On 1/11/2024 at 9:34 AM, JSR said:

Ordered a 2024 F350 Lariat 6.7 w/drw and 8’ bed on December 26, 2023.  Just received my scheduled production date today, it says week of February 26.  Hopefully this holds true.  What have the rest of you been experiencing?

For what it's worth, my timeline held beyond my wildest expectations... a little over two months total with no slips.  I expected delivery late spring at best based on my 2022 experience (10 months).  I feel very lucky, and it surely helped immensely that my dealer had unused allocation and assigned priority code 10 at the start.  2024 F350 Lariat 6.7 HO crew cab DRW.

Screenshot_20240112_075332_Chrome.jpg

Ordered a F450 Limited on 12/14/2023.

Looking for this group's expertise, any chance I'll see the truck before the summer?

Swapping a 40' diesel pusher for a 5th wheel and hoping to take the new rig out in June. ??

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Sure is great seeing so many getting their trucks delivered! So far I'm loving my 2024 F450 HO. Can't wait until Spring when I can hitch the dump trailer up and give it a workout. For those ordering/wondering, It took me 5 months from order to delivery and that was with a strike in there as well. Enjoy your trucks! 

• Like 1

I ordered the hard folding tonneau cover which is apparently holding the truck up. Built Jan 2 and sitting on a ramp at Gfx since then. It has been 3 months since ordering. Still better than my 2022 that took 11 months to get to me.

15 hours ago, lcseds said:

I ordered the hard folding tonneau cover which is apparently holding the truck up. Built Jan 2 and sitting on a ramp at Gfx since then. It has been 3 months since ordering. Still better than my 2022 that took 11 months to get to me.

Lcseds what date did you order your truck on?