Mustang GT California Special Trim Coming

I drove Mustang GT California Special's as my company car for many years. As the inventory manager and advertising manager for 3 Ford dealerships for 34 years, I could drive whatever I wanted with the exception of Shelby's or Raptor's which I had no interest in driving. I always ordered the GT/CS in white which was distinctive but not overstated. The 2024 GT/CS is just gaudy! A lot of the appearance and design work from Ford in recent years is just plain tacky in my opinion... no sense of style, too many people having decision making input, etc. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 2

• ice-capades changed the title to Mustang GT California Special Trim Coming
4 hours ago, ice-capades said:

A lot of the appearance and design work from Ford in recent years is just plain tacky in my opinion... no sense of style, too many people having decision making input, etc. 

Not sure its that, I just think styles are cyclical...just look at some of the trim package turds from the 1970s and early 1980s with awful graphics packages that where just indicative of their time period. 

43 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Not sure its that, I just think styles are cyclical...just look at some of the trim package turds from the 1970s and early 1980s with awful graphics packages that where just indicative of their time period. 

Okay... I understand your opinion, but I just find that these new, modern appearance and trim packages look like they were created by a committee with approval by upper management chasing credit and job security for something that will stand out without looking at the exterior design and asking themselves whether it actually looks attractive. Too much input from too many suggesting... lets add this here, this here, etc. without looking at the final product and asking whether it achieves the objective but not knowing what the objective is.  

If it were just the blue nostrils and badging, I think it would be ok, especially with black wheels. But the strips and the blue wheels really make this look tacky. Also, did ford buy bulk navy leather at a discount or something? They are throwing that color on everything these days even if it doesn’t match. I remember when ford used to color coordinate their interiors.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ice-capades said:

I drove Mustang GT California Special's as my company car for many years. As the inventory manager and advertising manager for 3 Ford dealerships for 34 years, I could drive whatever I wanted with the exception of Shelby's or Raptor's which I had no interest in driving. I always ordered the GT/CS in white which was distinctive but not overstated. The 2024 GT/CS is just gaudy! A lot of the appearance and design work from Ford in recent years is just plain tacky in my opinion... no sense of style, too many people having decision making input, etc. 

The S550 California Specials were very attractive.

ford-mustang-gt-california-special-2016-

image00003.jpg?fit=around%7C875:492

• Like 2

22 hours ago, T-dubz said:

Also, did ford buy bulk navy leather at a discount or something? They are throwing that color on everything these days even if it doesn’t match. I remember when ford used to color coordinate their interiors.

Yeah I agree with you on that one-maybe its failed black dye leather? LOL

• Haha 1