2024 Motor Trend Truck Of The Year

rperez817

The Chevrolet Colorado Is the 2024 MotorTrend Truck of the Year

Note. 2024 Chevrolet Silverado EV, 2024 Ford Ranger, 2024 Rivian R1T Dual Motor & Dual Motor Performance, 2024 Tesla Cybertruck, and 2024 Toyota Tacoma did not qualify for the 2024 competition.

This year, as in 2015, Chevrolet's Colorado once again outclasses its midsize rivals by a far greater margin than any of our heavy-duty or "supertruck" contenders did in their respective segments. Its strong value proposition, impressive off-road capability across the range—while remaining eminently livable day to day—tough good looks, strong feature content, and broad range of offerings spanning from sensible work truck to junior Baja 1000 star impressed us sufficiently to earn this Chevy fresh set of Calipers.

2023-chevrolet-colorado-truck-of-the-yea

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rperez817 said:

Note. 2024 Chevrolet Silverado EV, 2024 Ford Ranger, 2024 Rivian R1T Dual Motor & Dual Motor Performance, 2024 Tesla Cybertruck, and 2024 Toyota Tacoma did not qualify for the 2024 competition.

They qualified - they just weren’t able to provide test vehicles.

20 minutes ago, akirby said:

They qualified - they just weren’t able to provide test vehicles.

Thanks for the clarification. Here is what Motor Trend said.

Our October evaluations were too early to get our hands on the new Toyota Tacoma and the Tesla Cybertruck, and Rivian declined to send its newest, cheaper versions of the R1T. A couple hometown players also sat this one out. The Silverado EV won't be eligible to win our highest honors until Chevrolet expands sales from fleet buyers to consumers like you and me, and the redesigned Ford Ranger was waylaid by the UAW strike, which shut down the Michigan assembly plant where production was just beginning.

19 hours ago, rperez817 said:
Our October evaluations were too early to get our hands on the new Toyota Tacoma and the Tesla Cybertruck, and Rivian declined to send its newest, cheaper versions of the R1T. A couple hometown players also sat this one out. The Silverado EV won't be eligible to win our highest honors until Chevrolet expands sales from fleet buyers to consumers like you and me, and the redesigned Ford Ranger was waylaid by the UAW strike, which shut down the Michigan assembly plant where production was just beginning.

It will be interesting to learn who Motor Trend selects for the 2025 TOY. The Silverado EV and the others not in this year's competition should be in full production. This year's didn't have much of a field.

Edited by Chrisgb
Moved response out of quote box
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Chrisgb said:

It will be interesting to learn who Motor Trend selects for the 2025 TOY.  who ponies up the most advertising.

Fixed it for you.  These types of awards are fairly meaningless because only new vehicles are eligible each year and we all know motor trend is biased towards advertising.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, akirby said:

Fixed it for you.  These types of awards are fairly meaningless because only new vehicles are eligible each year and we all know motor trend is biased towards advertising.

Yeah, I know. But it's always fun to chide them for their bombastic choices, unless of course they're models I like. 

And didn't Ram win three years in a row awhile back, because in their opinion, those years the new competition didn't measure up? Or was that NACTOY?

10 minutes ago, Chrisgb said:

Yeah, I know. But it's always fun to chide them for their bombastic choices, unless of course they're models I like. 

And didn't Ram win three years in a row awhile back, because in their opinion, those years the new competition didn't measure up? Or was that NACTOY?

I think so but they were only eligible 3 years in a row because they added a new engine or something like that each year.  Not a new vehicle.

• Like 1