2024 Ford F-150 Lightning Prices Increased for Most Trims

2024 Ford F-150 Lightning Prices Increased for Most Trims

https://fordauthority.com/2024/01/2024-ford-f-150-lightning-prices-increased-for-most-trims/

FordAuthority.com_2024-01-03_2024 F-150 Lightning.jpg

After debuting for the 2022 model year with attractive pricing, the Ford F-150 Lightning soon faced a number of price increases amid short supply and high demand, coupled with skyrocketing raw materials costs. However, the market began to correct itself last year, and as such, the Ford F-150 Lightning was treated to a substantial price cut across the board, coupled with various incentives as sales have slowed in recent months. Now, with the pending arrival of the 2024 Ford F-150 Lightning, it seems as if The Blue Oval is changing the prices of its EV pickup yet again, according to the Detroit Free Press.

FordAuthority.com_2024-01-03_2024 F-150 Lightning_Price Increase Chart.jpg

As we can see here, prices for the 2024 Ford F-150 Lightning have risen considerably for some trims – $5,000 for the Pro and a whopping $10,000 for the XLT, plus $2,000 for the Lariat – while the range-topping Platinum and the new-for-2024 Platinum Black have received price cuts of $7,000 and $5,000 respectively, and the Flash – also new for 2024 – is unchanged, which is also the case for the outgoing 2023 lineup. Ford also revealed that the XLT with the 312A equipment group and Lariat with the standard range battery have been eliminated for the new model year, too. “Demand for F-150 Lightning continues to grow,” Ford spokesman Marty Gunsberg told the Detroit Free Press. “The EV segment remains dynamic and we’ll continue to make adjustments.”

As Ford Authority previously reported, the 2024 Ford F-150 Lightning is still eligible for the federal clean energy tax credit, even as several other electrified models fell off that particular list of eligibility at the first of the year. However, the pricier Platinum and Platinum Pro are not eligible for the tax credit, as each exceeds the MSRP limit.

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

13 hours ago, 2005Explorer said:

I wouldn't buy after those price increases because if it's not selling they will lower it again. They did it once before. If I was a Lightning customer I'd wait awhile.

Normally that’s true but since they already did that once, this time they may just adjust production to meet demand at the new price levels.

• Like 1

With the highly volatile pricing structure of the lightning, plus questionable resale value, the lightning is not something I would be willing to invest in anytime soon. Plus the fact that the range is not sufficient considering my MachE  with a max range of 270 miles, only reflects 200 miles of estimated range on a full charge now that it has gotten cold, and in reality is only getting about 150 miles of actual usage.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tbone said:

With the highly volatile pricing structure of the lightning, plus questionable resale value, the lightning is not something I would be willing to invest in anytime soon. Plus the fact that the range is not sufficient considering my MachE  with a max range of 270 miles, only reflects 200 miles of estimated range on a full charge now that it has gotten cold, and in reality is only getting about 150 miles of actual usage.

Resale could become a big issue if lower-income buyers who purchase used cars in order to reduce total ownership costs avoid BEVs for fear of having to replace battery.

• Like 1