Ordered 2024 Nautilus Hybrid

When the Nautilus was made in Oakville it used to take about 2-3 weeks before a VIN was issued ,  then another 2 or three before scheduling. Will be interesting to see how long this period is , now that made off shore.  
as they must have a set schedule period for N/A production and for domestic production. As so much difference in the two vehicles. Unless they run two different lines. 

42 minutes ago, escapeman said:

When the Nautilus was made in Oakville it used to take about 2-3 weeks before a VIN was issued ,  then another 2 or three before scheduling. Will be interesting to see how long this period is , now that made off shore.  
as they must have a set schedule period for N/A production and for domestic production. As so much difference in the two vehicles. Unless they run two different lines. 

Ford and Lincoln vehicles produced in North America have VIN numbers assigned at the same time the vehicle is scheduled. The VIN numbers for vehicles produced in foreign countries are assigned much later after the orders are scheduled. 

Edited by ice-capades
Typo

When I ordered my 2024 Nautilus my sales representative said it would take up to 6 months to receive the vehicle.  This takes into account the 2 weeks of shipping from Shanghai, China to Portland, Oregon then by rail to central Ohio.

Keep in mind the order bank opened in April 2023 so there are plenty of people ahead of us.  I ordered mine in November.

Shipping from China is approximately 3 weeks. I am also going to anticipate at least an additional 3 -4 weeks for the cars to be sitting at a port waiting for their designated ship to their designated port. This is already just 2 months for shipping. Build in another 7 weeks from date of order placement to manufacture and you have 4 months lead time. Another 10 days at least from port to dealership. I am going to figure it will take close to 5 months to order and receive at the dealership . 
I hope after the initial first few shipments arrived Lincoln goes to a system similar to GM for their Korean built vehicles. 
where by they build an allotment of the most popular color and option packs and have them at a holding lot.  When a dealer needs a certain car or a few he can choose from availability and have shipped to them. This was explained to me over the holidays by a prominent Buick dealer in my area. As was car hunting for my wife. 

On 1/7/2024 at 11:31 AM, escapeman said:

Shipping from China is approximately 3 weeks. I am also going to anticipate at least an additional 3 -4 weeks for the cars to be sitting at a port waiting for their designated ship to their designated port. This is already just 2 months for shipping. Build in another 7 weeks from date of order placement to manufacture and you have 4 months lead time. Another 10 days at least from port to dealership. I am going to figure it will take close to 5 months to order and receive at the dealership . 
I hope after the initial first few shipments arrived Lincoln goes to a system similar to GM for their Korean built vehicles. 
where by they build an allotment of the most popular color and option packs and have them at a holding lot.  When a dealer needs a certain car or a few he can choose from availability and have shipped to them. This was explained to me over the holidays by a prominent Buick dealer in my area. As was car hunting for my wife. 

So in other words, the same length of time to get my 2023. Ordered Jan 9th, signed the papers May 25th.  ?

Yes. Sounds about right. The dealer that I always work with has 10 cars in his first allotment which he is anticipating in March , he has a flow coming every month thereafter of as he said a few cars. He has two cars coming that I am interested in . 
Red Carpet with Blk/ grey. 2.0 . The other Panther Blue with Blk/gry. 2.0. 
Both have the 202 package Reserve. 
I will drive it and see. As I would not commit without sitting and driving. .