24 Super Duty HUD No Navigation

On 1/12/2024 at 7:27 PM, Fl utilities said:

Is anyone else having problems with the navigation in the heads up display on their 24? 

I have a 23 and when I use wireless Apple CarPlay, Apple Maps and built in Nav show directions on the HUD, but Google maps doesn’t work.

Like Monoman stated, a thread from another forum makes me think that there is an issue with the 24’s since people stated they weren’t seeing any directions on the HUD using different nav platforms. 

• Like 1

On 1/12/2024 at 4:27 PM, Fl utilities said:

Is anyone else having problems with the navigation in the heads up display on their 24? 

Thanks for opening this -- I came here to ask since I saw videos on '23 showing nav instructions. For the mods -- is there a way to request feedback from Ford on this? Owners can (and have) gathered a bunch of data and determined the '24 isn't doing the same thing the '23 does, but beyond that not much else can be done. It would be great if Ford could respond if they are aware and if there are plans to add this functionality back. I think nearly all of us can agree reaching out to our dealer is not going to land anywhere. 

• Like 2

• ice-capades changed the title to 24 Super Duty HUD No Navigation

I can confirm that both my built-in navigation as well as my Android Auto Google Maps navigation both show up in my HUD.  I just took delivery of my 2024 this week.  The Sync 4 version for mine is 23167_PRODUCT, Revision 926.

On 1/26/2024 at 8:19 PM, FordVictim2023 said:

Well my 2024 had it for about a week. They still show it in their marketing videos. Very frustrating. 

https://www.ford.com/support/vehicle/super-duty/2023/how-to-videos/video-library/more-vehicle-topics/6319549610112?name=video-6469-super-duty-head-up-display/

That is all I would need to see and I would be relentless with my dealer and Ford.

Edited by Monoman

On 1/26/2024 at 3:27 AM, ddb said:

I can confirm that both my built-in navigation as well as my Android Auto Google Maps navigation both show up in my HUD.  I just took delivery of my 2024 this week.  The Sync 4 version for mine is 23167_PRODUCT, Revision 926.

Wait - Just to confirm: You *DO* see navigation instructions on your HUD, like the screenshots in this thread show? That is great news (for you), and would mean I shouldn't give up hope about getting this. I plan on a lot of RV'ing and clear nav instructions are critical with a rig behind you. 

3 hours ago, Mylriahd said:

Wait - Just to confirm: You *DO* see navigation instructions on your HUD, like the screenshots in this thread show? That is great news (for you), and would mean I shouldn't give up hope about getting this. I plan on a lot of RV'ing and clear nav instructions are critical with a rig behind you. 

Correct.  I DO see navigation instructions when using either Google Maps through Android Auto or the built-in Navigation on the truck.  Here are a couple of pictures I've snagged.....

PXL_20240129_203724865.jpg

PXL_20240127_221704367.jpg

Edited by ddb
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2024 at 6:27 AM, ddb said:

I have a more current version of Sync .... SYNC 4, Software Version: 23222_PRODUCT Revision: 966. I wouldn't update if I were you until you can confirm it works with the new version.  I don't have an Android device to test with unfortunately.  

21 hours ago, FordVictim2023 said:

I have a more current version of Sync .... SYNC 4, Software Version: 23222_PRODUCT Revision: 966. I wouldn't update if I were you until you can confirm it works with the new version.  I don't have an Android device to test with unfortunately.  

This is the same version I have. I hope they restore it in a future update.

21 hours ago, FordVictim2023 said:

27 minutes ago, Mylriahd said:

This is the same version I have. I hope they restore it in a future update.

I believe the 3 of us have the F350 Platinum and pretty sure they rolled down the line at fairly close to the same time in January (mine arrived at the dealer on 1/18/24).  Although not concrete, you might think the same version would be on all 3 of our trucks being so close together.  Of course that's just a thought as I know well enough things can change one day to another in that regard.  I've had my software updates set to automatic and I check my router every morning and can see the communication to the Ford servers overnight.  Still showing me as up to date.  Maybe they discovered issues with that newer version and stopped pushing it out (I can only hope).  But I'm going to still leave my updates set to automatic as it won't be a show stopper if I get the version you guys have and I lose the HUD nav.  If anything changes, I'll be sure to update this thread.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ddb said:

I believe the 3 of us have the F350 Platinum and pretty sure they rolled down the line at fairly close to the same time in January (mine arrived at the dealer on 1/18/24).  Although not concrete, you might think the same version would be on all 3 of our trucks being so close together.  Of course that's just a thought as I know well enough things can change one day to another in that regard.  I've had my software updates set to automatic and I check my router every morning and can see the communication to the Ford servers overnight.  Still showing me as up to date.  Maybe they discovered issues with that newer version and stopped pushing it out (I can only hope).  But I'm going to still leave my updates set to automatic as it won't be a show stopper if I get the version you guys have and I lose the HUD nav.  If anything changes, I'll be sure to update this thread.

Thanks! Any data we can collect can hopefully help get this sorted out (in a way that we get the feature.) I agree it's not a show stopper, but it was one of those shiny little things I was looking forward to. 

• 3 weeks later...

From another site: If you make the adjustment below to your truck via FORScan it enables the missing HUD features if you don't have them. I believe the PSD is for Diesel engines. I haven't used FORScan before so I can't tell you anything more, nor have I done it myself. 

Navigation Display on HUD

APIM

7D0-05-01

x*xx

xxxx

xx--

If 1 (Gas) change to 2, If 5 (PSD) change to 6

• Like 1

On 2/26/2024 at 10:58 AM, FordVictim2023 said:

From another site: If you make the adjustment below to your truck via FORScan it enables the missing HUD features if you don't have them. I believe the PSD is for Diesel engines. I haven't used FORScan before so I can't tell you anything more, nor have I done it myself. 

Navigation Display on HUD

APIM

7D0-05-01

x*xx

xxxx

xx--

If 1 (Gas) change to 2, If 5 (PSD) change to 6

I need to find my dongle and give that a shot. So weird that the HUD setting would be dependent on engine type. 

I can confirm, forscan works! I opened up Forscan, found that address on the APIM module. The second digit in my configuration was 5. I changed it to 6 and wrote the config. Turn off ignition, start the truck and entered an address into Google Maps. It immediately showed nav on the HUD. 

Thanks @FordVictim2023, great find!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2024 at 4:27 PM, Mylriahd said:

I can confirm, forscan works! I opened up Forscan, found that address on the APIM module. The second digit in my configuration was 5. I changed it to 6 and wrote the config. Turn off ignition, start the truck and entered an address into Google Maps. It immediately showed nav on the HUD. 

Thanks @FordVictim2023, great find!

I've been searching for answer for this since I got my 250 in December.  I've been battling with Ford and my dealer which has been no help.  Would doing this void the warranty at all?  I know Ford is very particular about things .

I've been watching this,  find it confusing why some have or don't have HUD in 90K 2024 trucks.  I have a 22 King with the 7.3,  so the other day I'm driving out of town with my Android phone connected and Waze running and on the side of the

screen where it has radio or Nav stuff,  my screen reads  " HUD display active",  really funny over all I think.  Never seen it since,  just odd. 

• 5 weeks later...

A Ford Field Engineer told my local dealer that all the 24s that were early builds don't have the turn by turn and won't get it.  Which makes no sense.  I tried calling Ford but it was completely useless and they suggested doing a buy back.  

On 3/14/2024 at 9:07 AM, Arius1 said:

I've been searching for answer for this since I got my 250 in December.  I've been battling with Ford and my dealer which has been no help.  Would doing this void the warranty at all?  I know Ford is very particular about things .

I of course cannot say if it will void warranty or not, the dealer (and yourself) have the capability of restoring the modules back to "as built". It's pretty poor engineering to have a configuration setting that could damage the system, and this change is simply a configuration setting. The main argument I can see for voiding warranty is if you use forscan incorrectly and fry a module; you'll definitely be on your own for that.

That said, there are a million videos on how to use forescan to get comfortable doing it correctly, and this change was a gamechanger. Having the turn-by-turn on the HUD while towing lets me keep my eyes on the road & mirrors more often. I can't imagine why Ford disabled it by default -- but they did NOT remove it, they just flipped a switch.