GT3 MUSTANG debut

1 hour ago, Bob Rosadini said:

If I read list of finishers correctly, in 24 hrs of Daytona, 13 cars in GT3.  Of two Mustangs, best finish was 6th. Probably not bad for first outing.

Yeah, they had decent reliable for a first time out. All the mustangs running had the same problem with the wing, and decklid, and they all had to come in to fix that, and the car that retired had some unspecified issue with a few hours to go. But compared to the GT's first race at Daytona, things were quite smooth. The pace just wasn't there thanks to BoP. But overall, a promising start. 

• Like 1

Got tired of Peacock's dumping of ads in the middle of the race and seeing too much of their commentators so I switched to watching IMSA's own feed through a VPN. Besides better and less constructive commentary they had cameras in several cars- Watched the Mustang for several hours and was impressed by how smoothly and seemingly effortlessly the Mustangs turned repeated fast laps.

18 hours ago, GearheadGrrrl said:

Got tired of Peacock's dumping of ads in the middle of the race and seeing too much of their commentators so I switched to watching IMSA's own feed through a VPN. Besides better and less constructive commentary they had cameras in several cars- Watched the Mustang for several hours and was impressed by how smoothly and seemingly effortlessly the Mustangs turned repeated fast laps.

Well I  forgot all about it until too late.  What is a VPN feed?

56 minutes ago, Bob Rosadini said:

Well I  forgot all about it until too late.  What is a VPN feed?

Typically it hides your real IP address and allows watching content that is otherwise restricted by location.

IMSA TV covers most of their races, but they sell the video for the more popular races to NBC/Peacock who add their own commentators and of course, ads. Problem is, they aren't clever enough to run the ads during yellow flag slowdowns, etc. but instead rudely interrupt the race coverage anytime they please. I'm a paid NBC/Peacock subscriber but it got so bad during the 24 hour race that I watched on imsa.tv through a free VPN outside the US.

On 1/30/2024 at 1:14 PM, akirby said:

Typically it hides your real IP address and allows watching content that is otherwise restricted by location.

23 minutes ago, GearheadGrrrl said:

IMSA TV covers most of their races, but they sell the video for the more popular races to NBC/Peacock who add their own commentators and of course, ads. Problem is, they aren't clever enough to run the ads during yellow flag slowdowns, etc. but instead rudely interrupt the race coverage anytime they please. I'm a paid NBC/Peacock subscriber but it got so bad during the 24 hour race that I watched on imsa.tv through a free VPN outside the US.