Next-Gen Transit Connect Debuts for Europe

All-New Ford Transit Connect Officially Revealed For Europe (fordauthority.com)

image.png.ef8c365fd519eb1a28de8384ba40d56e.pngimage.png.4d53616727b58b36edf1783d13685b77.pngimage.png.07cb5f96b98fbfb8ceb47db829b96124.pngimage.png.737a5a8adcf3565e283d7410bdd644bb.pngimage.png.83aaf875f36954bcaf34201e02a41b42.png

The new Ford Transit Connect rounds out The Blue Oval’s massive van revamp with an array of options, including the first-ever plug-in hybrid model. The Transit Connect PHEV utilizes the turbocharged 1.5L EcoBoost engine mated to an electric motor and battery to deliver a combined output of 150 PS (148 horsepower) and 350 Nm (258 pound-feet) of torque, which flows to the wheels via a six-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission. The PHEV can travel up to 110 kilometers (68 miles) on electric power alone, and can charge at speeds of up to 50 kW.

I think we should get a next-gen TC here.  They really should've continued with that Mexican plant and built TC and others there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Additional information and pictures from Ford Pro.

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/feu/en/news/2024/01/30/ford-pro-reveals-all-new-transit-connect-with-phev-power-.html

I like the folding passenger seat back on this van, much like on other Transit model.  Adds utility at minimum cost.

The Kombi second-row folding seat is clever.  It adds cargo space and doubles as a pseudo partition when converted.

Dual clutch transmission on a hybrid is a departure from larger Custom hybrid van, as is EcoBoost engine.  I look forward to powertrain specs because total rated power of 150 PS is rather low for EB, given that electric motor must be fairly powerful to operate on its own in BEV mode.  I expect the EcoBoost engine must be tuned down quite a bit.

Van appears to have electrical power outlet shown charging tools but I didn’t see it called Pro Power Onboard (perhaps I missed it).

For my needs the larger Transit Custom PHEV is what I would love to see in US.

• 2 weeks later...

It would be nice to have it where I am, there's usefulness for them. For s#!+'s and giggles, I B&P'd a '23 Titanium Passenger van. Having a B&O system and at least the 2.0L EB would hit all the points for me.

Edited by Hugh

On 1/31/2024 at 7:51 AM, Rick73 said:

Additional information and pictures from Ford Pro.

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/feu/en/news/2024/01/30/ford-pro-reveals-all-new-transit-connect-with-phev-power-.html

I like the folding passenger seat back on this van, much like on other Transit model.  Adds utility at minimum cost.

The Kombi second-row folding seat is clever.  It adds cargo space and doubles as a pseudo partition when converted.

Dual clutch transmission on a hybrid is a departure from larger Custom hybrid van, as is EcoBoost engine.  I look forward to powertrain specs because total rated power of 150 PS is rather low for EB, given that electric motor must be fairly powerful to operate on its own in BEV mode.  I expect the EcoBoost engine must be tuned down quite a bit.

Since this new Ford Transit Connect is a share with VW Caddy, the 1.5 turbo is called Ecoboost 

but the engine and DCT come via VW (built in a VW plant)

On 1/31/2024 at 7:51 AM, Rick73 said:

Van appears to have electrical power outlet shown charging tools but I didn’t see it called Pro Power Onboard (perhaps I missed it).

For my needs the larger Transit Custom PHEV is what I would love to see in US.

I agree, by the time you spec a LWB compact van with high roof (if possible),

it’s probably easier /costs similar to get a SWB Transit Custom with extra width.