Ram Debuts new RHO Trim, Revised Rebel X and Warlock Trims.

I really don’t understand the purpose of rebranding the TRX.  Sure it lost the hemi but the Raptor has had 450hp as the base amount for quite some time so why did it matter if the TRX had a motor with around that amount.  Now they have to remarket the truck and I personally don’t think RHO rolls off the tongue like TRX did.  

4 hours ago, tbone said:

I really don’t understand the purpose of rebranding the TRX.  Sure it lost the hemi but the Raptor has had 450hp as the base amount for quite some time so why did it matter if the TRX had a motor with around that amount.  Now they have to remarket the truck and I personally don’t think RHO rolls off the tongue like TRX did.  

Marketing professionals do really stupid crap a lot of the time. If I had to hazzard a guess, there were probably internal meetings on this, where someone proposed keeping the TRX branding, and someone else spat out "But how will people know it's new if the name doesn't change?" and the rest of the team nodded their heads in agreement. 

Market and advertising execs tend to play around with names for a variety of reasons, if that name is burnt in the minds of the buying public, think pinto, or if they want a new, and trendy sounding name to differentiate the product from years past.