Escape Fires

Catalepsy

Using the BEC standard, this is "NON ISSUE" :hysterical:

This is a "NON ISSUE" because I know people who have Escapes and theirs have not burned to the ground. Therefore, this must not be an issue!

BEC would also tell us this is a "NON ISSUE" because only 8 have fires have been reported out of 800,000.

If fact, this may all be a "MYTH"!!!

Whatever they do, Ford should follow Honda's lead!

Using the Honda standard, first they should deny any changes have been made to the vehicle, and get NHTSA to close the investigation.

Then, when the problem continues, and NHTSA opens a Second investigation, blame someone else.

Never take responsibility!

And most of all, never, ever recall them!!!

But actually, I think Ford will not follow Honda's path.

I think Ford will solve the problem and actually perform a recall to fix the vehicles.

Edited by range

Another "always hot" switch....

Another "always hot" switch around leaking brake fluid.

1millon Escapes/Tributes will be recalled in 2007, looks like Toyota will have to wait till 2008 to win the 'most recalls' championship. This fire threat is timed perfectly to take the heat off of pre-mature deployment of airbags.

Well, Range, typing that much makes me think you can't here your mamma and I in the other room...there, I am firmly on the LIST!!!

Sorry Bec for using your own arguments against you. I guess you are left with nothing but personal insults.

Edited by range

Using the BEC standard, this is "NON ISSUE" :hysterical:

This is a "NON ISSUE" because I know people who have Escapes and theirs have not burned to the ground. Therefore, this must not be an issue!

BEC would also tell us this is a "NON ISSUE" because only 8 have fires have been reported out of 800,000.

If fact, this may all be a "MYTH"!!!

You've done well and good telling us why bec might argue this is a non-issue, why don't you start telling us why you'd argue it is?

If this were ANY other manufacturer you'd have posted this by now with a picture of a safely rolled over XC90 intact - great. How about you explain to us why we shouldn't be worried about THIS range? You'd have made it an issue for any other company.

See. This is what people have been complaining about.

Or just sort of continue with the "Well, you're another" "It takes one to know one" "I know you are but what am I?" "My brother can beat up your brother" stuff. I don't care. But if you do, you're both getting put on the LIST.

Richard I don't always agree with your "pro-Ford" posts, but i do agree with this. Way to many threads are becoming personal attacks.

See. This is what people have been complaining about.

I see how this has something to do with how you are running things now, but it has nothing to do with your previous list which you so sneaked out of facing responsibility................

Good grief people................ can we just drop all the attacks and talk about Ford objectively???

While many may not agree with Richards sticky post, I'm sure that anyone with 3 braincells can understand why it came to be.

While I read much, I post very little. Why??? Hmmm, again I'm sure the peanut gallery can figure it out.

As to the potential Escape/Tribute recall. Am I worried.............. no. If my '03 Tribute is recalled, I will bring it in and have it done. That will make it a whole 3 dealership trips in 50K miles (one is just the "before warranty runs out nitpicky stuff visit).

However, I guess that will make my Tribute a POS in some anti-Ford fans eyes. Whatever. My good friend with his Highlander has certainly seen the dealership more than me, and he has less miles, and is less picky.

Good grief people................ can we just drop all the attacks and talk about Ford objectively???

While many may not agree with Richards sticky post, I'm sure that anyone with 3 braincells can understand why it came to be.

While I read much, I post very little. Why??? Hmmm, again I'm sure the peanut gallery can figure it out.

As to the potential Escape/Tribute recall. Am I worried.............. no. If my '03 Tribute is recalled, I will bring it in and have it done. That will make it a whole 3 dealership trips in 50K miles (one is just the "before warranty runs out nitpicky stuff visit).

However, I guess that will make my Tribute a POS in some anti-Ford fans eyes. Whatever. My good friend with his Highlander has certainly seen the dealership more than me, and he has less miles, and is less picky.

Agreed. Recalls happen to all brands. It's not a big deal. Bring it in, get it fixed. Had three of em on the 2003 CR-V. Got the car washed all three trips. No worries.

Agreed. Recalls happen to all brands. It's not a big deal. Bring it in, get it fixed. Had three of em on the 2003 CR-V. Got the car washed all three trips. No worries.

A few recalls don't bother me either. The key is how they are handled. If it will take hours to fix, give me a loaner car (and make sure it is at least as good as what I brought it- don't give me a Focus if I brought in a 500.) Don't give me some kind of attitude or sob story about how busy the service department is. If you're too busy to take it on Monday, don't give me an appointment on Monday. Don't damage other components or get grease all over my floor while you're fixing the defect. And most of all, don't you dare say a word to me about how Ford doesn't pay you enough to do the repair. You're the dealer, it's between you and Ford.

Dealer service is a big hot button for me, particularly under warranty. This is an area that Ford needs to work on with its dealers. Our Acura TL had the transmission defect, and the dealer handled it perfectly. Gave us a new TL to drive with a full tank and said we could bring it back empty. Everyone was cheerful and even apologetic for the inconvenience. Had our car for one day and retunred it washed, vacuumed and also with a full tank. Did I mention a refrigerator full of soft drinks, 3 flavors of coffee and several PC's with internet access in the service lounge? When I got in the car there was a coupon on the seat for a free oil change. I've been hoping for another recall!

I still like Fords and may buy one in June, but the dealer service experience leaves a lot to be desired.