Are we the UAW being setup by Ford Motor Company?

I understand that Ford must make the appropriate cuts and moves. But think of this.

If the UAW supports the current buyouts and then allows Ford Motor to hire temporary workers until they can get it done, is Ford training our own replacement workers if the UAW cannot reach an agreement next September?

I understand that Ford must make the appropriate cuts and moves. But think of this.

If the UAW supports the current buyouts and then allows Ford Motor to hire temporary workers until they can get it done, is Ford training our own replacement workers if the UAW cannot reach an agreement next September?

Definite food for thought since the International allowed locals to negotiate their COAs. Whipsawing and fear will make many decide to leave. I hope our local chairman can be honest about the plans Ford and the UAW have made but he has been adamant about holding the line at CAP, so maybe he is not getting the truth either.

Now your thinking ouit of the box. Also, perhaps this will be the beggining of the two tier wage system?

Now your thinking ouit of the box. Also, perhaps this will be the beggining of the two tier wage system?

They are asking for names in kc for hiring family, friends ,ect but are not talking about flowback or transfers into the plant just thinking this could be a ploy to force us out on strike and replace us permanently or force us to accept the 2 tier systems!!!!!

They are asking for names in kc for hiring family, friends ,ect but are not talking about flowback or transfers into the plant just thinking this could be a ploy to force us out on strike and replace us permanently or force us to accept the 2 tier systems!!!!!

Thats it............IQUIT! :sos:

Now you are getting the picture! I believe you are completely right. Once they start hiring temps, which they have, at closing plants they will hire them eveywhere. We have already been told that they will not replace any retirees or buyouts--who will do the jobs??? TEMPS!! Then when contract time comes they will use that as a two tier system, just a thought!

Now you are getting the picture! I believe you are completely right. Once they start hiring temps, which they have, at closing plants they will hire them eveywhere. We have already been told that they will not replace any retirees or buyouts--who will do the jobs??? TEMPS!! Then when contract time comes they will use that as a two tier system, just a thought!

So can you tell us how this two tier system will work? I am sure the wiz would like to hear this one guys....

With the way things are going right now, THAT.......is a very good question.

:censored: You know i have been saying that for some time in my plant you think anybody would listen no. :doh: Wait till chrysler does there company wide buyouts you just lost a third of all uaw membership seems to me that uaw could be a thing of that past. :rant::rant: :slap: Edited by cobra6603

what is the question?

I think that the UAW is selling out its rank and file

Ford is a company, its always going to do what it can do to make profits

The UAW has become a law firm that seems more interested in fleecing its client

if there is a set up, its from the leadership at Solidarty House

Edited by Harry Bennet

Makes me wonder about the ACH flow backs too. You sign up and they let you tranfer to a Ford plant, just to get you out of the ACH plant, then shortly there-after your laid off indefinitely and not able to return to the plant you left. (Once you leave your ACH plant, you may not return, ever)

The more Ford people they can get out now, the easier it will be for them to sell some plants, they have hired ($14.00 hr.) temps at Saline ACH too, as replacements for the November 1st buy-out people that have already left and for the many more, that will be leaving between now and Feb.1st

Although, the plant you transfer to should now become your home plant, but who knows what may lie in all the fine print of the Ford/Visteon take-back deal? :sos:

What I see happening is the temps at KCAP will be used as temps until contract. At contract time they will set up the 2 tier system where all new employees will start out at around 12 or 13 an hour and top out somewhere around 18 or 19 an hour along with severly reduced benefits. They will offer an exceptional ratification bonus (lots of money to us) if we ratify it. the same people that voted for 3% bonus instead of 3% pay raises will take this for for the same reason. Quick money with no regard for the future of themselves or the middle class. The current employees will continue at the current pay scale and benefits until they retire, quit or get fired (and don't think they won't be more strict on rules to weed us out) at which time they can replace us with the lower pay people. :censored:

Just food for thought.

What I see happening is the temps at KCAP will be used as temps until contract. At contract time they will set up the 2 tier system where all new employees will start out at around 12 or 13 an hour and top out somewhere around 18 or 19 an hour along with severly reduced benefits. They will offer an exceptional ratification bonus (lots of money to us) if we ratify it. the same people that voted for 3% bonus instead of 3% pay raises will take this for for the same reason. Quick money with no regard for the future of themselves or the middle class. The current employees will continue at the current pay scale and benefits until they retire, quit or get fired (and don't think they won't be more strict on rules to weed us out) at which time they can replace us with the lower pay people. :censored:

Just food for thought.

Somebody thats actually taking time to try and figure this shit out. I think you are on the right track with your way of thinking. I don't think the 2007 contract is going to be that hard to settle because they are going to wave money in front of the remaining people so they can get there 2 tier wages and lower benefit packages for those people. The older employees the ones that do not take the buyouts will be OK. Ford will make money again. We as UAW just don't like the way they will go about it.

I would not put something like this past them; I can't trust Markie Boy any more than I can throw him. Although I think this is unlikely, you have to remember that Ford employees and its suppliers are at the bottom of the food chain in this organization.

With that being said, I definitly think that a two-tier wage structure is unfortunatley inevitable. I have been hearing that there will be a new structrue with new hires making about $18 an hour with limited if any benefits. In exchange, Ford will probably agree to renege on some plant closings and perhaps keep a few ACH plants in the fold.

Just food for thought.

Exceptional ratification bonus? Are you kidding me? Your bonus will be that you have a job tomorrow. Take it or leave it. Bleeding cash like a stuck pig, and you think they are going to offer exceptional ratification bonuses???? Wake up man!!!

WELL WHEN YOU LOOK AT HOW LAID BACK OUR UNION IS, ONE WOULD WONDER. JUST THINK FORD HAVE PEOPLE LAID OFF IN DETROIT BUT THEY ARE ALLOWING NAP TO SEND PEOPLE AND GIVING THEM 45 THOUSAND, WHAT ABOUT THE PEOPLE THATS ALREADY UP THEIR, ME PERSONALLY I WOULD BE PISS AND THE UNION IS SAIDING NOTHING

WELL WHEN YOU LOOK AT HOW LAID BACK OUR UNION IS, ONE WOULD WONDER. JUST THINK FORD HAVE PEOPLE LAID OFF IN DETROIT BUT THEY ARE ALLOWING NAP TO SEND PEOPLE AND GIVING THEM 45 THOUSAND, WHAT ABOUT THE PEOPLE THATS ALREADY UP THEIR, ME PERSONALLY I WOULD BE PISS AND THE UNION IS SAIDING NOTHING

The UAW is going to take care of SENIORITY.Thats the bottom line. Low seniority wiil be pushed out eventually........

Fish,

I think you might be wrong on this one!

You see, the younger people NEED a future..........and no matter how they cut it, where else they gonna make this kinda money without a degree? (even with a degree in many cases)

Ford and the union knows that the young people will sell. It is not the fact they are dumb or stupid, but rather they are aware of the fact that if they do not, whos job is on the line.

How can you really blame them?

For you conspiracy theorists out there, please read this!

Who closed Atlanta? Who closed NAP? Who had the audacity to decide who was to close, and who wasn't?

Did Ford decide, or was there a plan laid on the table with a bunch of plants named.

Did Ford say---------------->if you give back some now, we will let YOU choose who will close; and if you do not, we decide.

Understand, this is not to say this actually happened...........far be it from me to suggest a deal was cut. But everyone needs to remember the reality of politics------------------>politics is all about money and power, regardless of what a democrat or republican say. Now tell me; exactly who lobbys Washington? Exactly, who is it that puts money into the democratic war chest? And who is it you say, are not thinly veiled politicians?

Has anyone thought of why the MEXICAN plan was leaked at exactly the right time?

I know you are not stupid.........none of you are.............just some believe differently in the realm of politics than I do.

Anyone who has studied any sort of history knows that politicians have a tendency to use a red herring to push the electorate in the direction they desire. Meanwhile in a smoke filled back room, deals are being cut that nobody in the general populace are aware of.........certainly for the benefit of the 2 entitys cutting it, not to mention being cut behind your backs because in the 2 entitys eyes---------->you are just to damn dumb to see the forest through the trees!!!!!!

Anyway, my thoughts are no more far fetched than the original posters is. The only difference is----------->if mine is true, than you as a United Auto Worker fight not only the Ford Motor Company, but also our fearless leaders in the international.

I never bet, but I will suggest to you that if what COULD be true IS, then you have a much larger problem than you ever imagined!

In other words, I am betting everyone with UAW dues being payed is SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fish,

You see, the younger people NEED a future..........and no matter how they cut it, where else they gonna make this kinda money without a degree? (even with a degree in many cases)

Ford and the union knows that the young people will sell. It is not the fact they are dumb or stupid, but rather they are aware of the fact that if they do not, whos job is on the line.

Who closed Atlanta? Who closed NAP? Who had the audacity to decide who was to close, and who wasn't?

Did Ford decide, or was there a plan laid on the table with a bunch of plants named.

Did Ford say---------------->if you give back some now, we will let YOU choose who will close; and if you do not, we decide.

Understand, this is not to say this actually happened...........far be it from me to suggest a deal was cut. But everyone needs to remember the reality of politics------------------>politics is all about money and power, regardless of what a democrat or republican say. Now tell me; exactly who lobbys Washington? Exactly, who is it that puts money into the democratic war chest? And who is it you say, are not thinly veiled politicians?

Has anyone thought of why the MEXICAN plan was leaked at exactly the right time?

I know you are not stupid.........none of you are.............just some believe differently in the realm of politics than I do.

Anyone who has studied any sort of history knows that politicians have a tendency to use a red herring to push the electorate in the direction they desire. Meanwhile in a smoke filled back room, deals are being cut that nobody in the general populace are aware of.........certainly for the benefit of the 2 entitys cutting it, not to mention being cut behind your backs because in the 2 entitys eyes---------->you are just to damn dumb to see the forest through the trees!!!!!!

Anyway, my thoughts are no more far fetched than the original posters is. The only difference is----------->if mine is true, than you as a United Auto Worker fight not only the Ford Motor Company, but also our fearless leaders in the international.

I never bet, but I will suggest to you that if what COULD be true IS, then you have a much larger problem than you ever imagined!

In other words, I am betting everyone with UAW dues being payed is SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHOSURE,

The UAW has no choice but to take care of seniority. This is what the union was founded on, not to mention this would never hold up in a court of UMPIRES!

Until they retire maybe. UAW retirees are being forgotten by this union.

That sad isnt it bro..........Hey, Will you be willing to pay more on your Medical bennies so the slugs can lay out more?

We the people are being set up by the UAW and the Company..............(change the wording around a little bit on the main post.)

:censored: You know i have been saying that for some time in my plant you think anybody would listen no. :doh: Wait till chrysler does there company wide buyouts you just lost a third of all uaw membership seems to me that uaw could be a thing of that past. :rant::rant: :slap:

Yes, but if you hire temps that are still UAW members...the dues charged can be 3 hours instead of just two to make up for the loss of a full time dues paying employee???

Fish,

If you look at all the plants closing the oldest plants (age of plant) suffer the most.

You aren't getting it!!!!!

I am not suggesting what I am saying is true, but rather if Ford can do set ups, so can the union.

To suggest Ford purposely lost billions to set us up and be able to move elsewhere is very far fetched.

I shall follow this thread just to see who believes it!

Fish,

WHOSURE:

There wont be many young people left , if the trend is going at other plants as it is at AAI. (in regards to buy outs) 290 have signed up and 70% of that is the young people. approx. 10 yrs or less. I dont think this is who Ford was tarketing , do you?