U.S. Combined Auto Sales Through Nov. 6th.

Source: Ford World. 06 November 06.

1) Ford F-Series: 672,732

2) Chevy Silverado: 539,310

3) Toyota Camary: 374,717

4) Toyota Corolla/Maxtrix: 330.995

5) Dodge Ram: 303,476

6) Honda Accord: 302,067

7) Honda Civic: 272,886

8) Chevy Impala: 240,297

9) Nissan Altima: 189,422

10) Chevy Cobalt: 187,330

11) Dodge Caravan: 182,805

12) GMC Sierra: 177,813

13) Ford Taurus: 168,746

14) Ford Explorer: 155,246

15) Ford Focus: 152,242

16) Ford Econoline: 152,053

17) Honda Odyssey: 150,550

18) Chevy Trailblazer: 148,608

19) Toyota Tacoma: 148,033

20) Ford Mustang: 145,055

21) Chevy Malibu: 144,219

22) Chrysler Town & Country Minivan: 136,721

23) Hyundai CR-V: 136,437

24) Toyota Sienna: 133,644

25) Pontiac G6: 132,915

List falls out of numerial order

27) Ford Escape: 132,666

31) Ford Fusion: 120,994

Edited by robertlane

Thanks for the posting R.L. Very informative.

Thoughts...

-Can't believe the Mustang is the 20th best-selling car in America. Amazing, truly an American Icon.

-Oi. The Escape isn't going to be the best-selling compact SUV again! Stupid CR-V. Of course, the CR-V is nearly all-new, the Escape gets a facelift and the same pokey engines next year. I'm just saying...

-I hope with the Fusion fully ramped-up next year it will climb higher.

-The Altima is holding steady in its last year - impressive.

-Can't believe how the Corolla has sky rocketed this year.

-Is Ford gonna sell 800K F-150s this year? Oi. Didn't M.F. say 900K in April? Ouch.

-I guess Chrysler's year-end blowouts could change this, but is it reasonable to expect more Accords than Rams this year? Wow.

-The new Civic is a resounding success. Did they sell 200K Civics in all of 2005?

Let's hope Ford keeps the pressure up with new products. Interesting list.

Scott

Thanks for the posting R.L. Very informative.

Thoughts...

-Can't believe the Mustang is the 20th best-selling car in America. Amazing, truly an American Icon.

-Oi. The Escape isn't going to be the best-selling compact SUV again! Stupid CR-V. Of course, the CR-V is nearly all-new, the Escape gets a facelift and the same pokey engines next year. I'm just saying...

-I hope with the Fusion fully ramped-up next year it will climb higher.

-The Altima is holding steady in its last year - impressive.

-Can't believe how the Corolla has sky rocketed this year.

-Is Ford gonna sell 800K F-150s this year? Oi. Didn't M.F. say 900K in April? Ouch.

-I guess Chrysler's year-end blowouts could change this, but is it reasonable to expect more Accords than Rams this year? Wow.

-The new Civic is a resounding success. Did they sell 200K Civics in all of 2005?

Let's hope Ford keeps the pressure up with new products. Interesting list.

Scott

I like how the Ford Fusion is a failure to the Toyota crowd, but the Tundra is a success for not making the list.

IIRC, the CR-V didn't get much new in the powertrain department either. They're still making do with 4-cylinders. Ford does need a new transmission in the Escape, or they need to knock down the Escape's price.

CR-V = Moderately new platform, all new styling, completely carried over powertrain (Oh, they give some BS about retuning the engine, but, its the same setup).

I cna tell you why the Corolla sold as well as it did, It gets damned good gas mileage, and is cheaper than the Civic, which is the only other vehicle that matches or betters its efficiency without being a hybrid. People shopping that segment want efficient appliances. The Focus has a bad quality rep and gets a non-trivial amount less mpg than the civic and corolla.

According to a new Focus commercial, the Focus gets better MPG then both of them. They did some recalibrating to the ECU on the engine for the 06/07MY

According to FuelEconomy.gov, the 2.0L Focus is capable of 27 City / 37 Hwy and the 2.0L Honda only gets 23 City / 32 Hwy. But, the 1.8L Civic is capable of 30 City / 40 Hwy and the 1.8L Corolla is capable of 32 City / 41 Hwy. The Focus gets good gas mileage, but it's neither class leading, nor even best in class.

IIRC, the CR-V didn't get much new in the powertrain department either. They're still making do with 4-cylinders. Ford does need a new transmission in the Escape, or they need to knock down the Escape's price.

I'm hoping in lieu of the retuned Dura30 and the 6 spd auto, Ford will slash prices in a similar fashion as they have done with both the Expedition and Explorer.

Speaking of MPG, judging from the avg. fuel economy that the Edge will net, the Escape should still be able to win over consumers looking for an SUV sans the SUV fuel econ.