INTERNATIONAL TELLS ALL REPS "GET OUT BY JAN 1st

fishinguy

To all Members of the UAW,

Today at Sub Council Meeting it was announced by the International UAW that all Reps who have signed the buyout canvass, that we have until December 22, 2006 to make up our minds what we are going to do. Here are your choices:

You can back out , and not take the buyout and Remain a Rep.

or, you can resign, go back to the floor (which I have no problem with that, life was much easier then) and have the same rights as other Members on the floor, in regards to when you would like to leave.

or, see ya later alligator as of Jan. 1, and have a nice fuckin life!

I would like to ask the International this:

Why do I not have the same rights as my Members on the floor? I'm not asking for anything more than my people, just asking for the same options. I have 10 yrs seniority, I signed this buyout survey, for the same reasons that many did. I requested that my release date be in August for the simple reason that hopefully by then, I will be able to make a good sound decision that would be best to do for me. Many Members signed with that same strategy in mind, and I'm sure that will be honored for them. But why do I not have those same rights?

To the Members at AAI and across this nation, here me when I say, The Union sold there Reps out.

I have not been given the same rights as you all, and I am a District Rep for AAI Flat Rock Mich.

Please understand that I am not asking for any special deals or treatment, I just want the same rights!

The Union has just sold out all there Reps, What makes you all think that when the time comes, they wont sell you all out. After all, the International has just killed there own children, so to speak.

The time has come where I have to make a very difficult decision. Do I back out of the buyout, and remain a Rep, and try to be a respected Leader of an organization that just sold me out? How can I proudly where the UAW Logo, ever again? I am no phony! My Members will contest to that...I have always been honest and up front with my people, and to remain a rep would be dishonorable to myself.

If I resign, and go back to the floor, which like I said, I have no problem with that, That don't scare me at all, Then I feel that I have let the Members down that elected me....

I have notified all the Committee at Alliance that I am considering all my options.

I have notified our Chairman that I am considering all my options, and thank you all for all your support. I love you guys.

I know what I want to do, but the biggest burden on my mind is who will take care of the 300 plus Members that elected me...that part truly concerns me.

Be advised Local 3000 Bros and sisses, that your wonderful International are coming after you with a COA. You will be given a choice, to except it or loose product..This is what they will tell you.

You are facing outsourcing, get used to it. The COA will make it happen. Don't worry though, they will be Brothers and Sisters of Local 3000 after the card check of 40 percent. There wont be an election for certification, because the Company will except recognition of representation for these these new employees who are now doing these out sourced jobs....This deal is already cut behind closed doors....After all, gotta keep the Membership numbers up..lost too many already

I will decide on Monday, December 11, 2006 what I will do in regards to taking the buyout, or stepping down and be a good little boy and quietly disperse into the trenches of production, or sign off of the buyout and Remain a fuckin PHONEY REP.

ps. As we say in the business, can we speak off the record? FUCK YOU INTERNATIONAL.......YOU WILL NEVER BREAK MY SPIRIT!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today at Sub Council Meeting it was announced by the International UAW that all Reps who have signed the buyout canvass, that we have until December 22, 2006 to make up our minds what we are going to do. Here are your choices:

or, you can resign, go back to the floor (which I have no problem with that, life was much easier then) and have the same rights as other Members on the floor, in regards to when you would like to leave.

Why do I not have the same rights as my Members on the floor? I'm not asking for anything more than my people, just asking for the same options. I have 10 yrs seniority, I signed this buyout survey, for the same reasons that many did. I requested that my release date be in August for the simple reason that hopefully by then, I will be able to make a good sound decision that would be best to do for me. Many Members signed with that same strategy in mind, and I'm sure that will be honored for them. But why do I not have those same rights?

To the Members at AAI and across this nation, here me when I say, The Union sold there Reps out.

I have not been given the same rights as you all, and I am a District Rep for AAI Flat Rock Mich.

Please understand that I am not asking for any special deals or treatment, I just want the same rights!

The Union has just sold out all there Reps, What makes you all think that when the time comes, they wont sell you all out. After all, the International has just killed there own children, so to speak.

The time has come where I have to make a very difficult decision. Do I back out of the buyout, and remain a Rep, and try to be a respected Leader of an organization that just sold me out? How can I proudly where the UAW Logo, ever again? I am no phony! My Members will contest to that...I have always been honest and up front with my people, and to remain a rep would be dishonorable to myself.

If I resign, and go back to the floor, which like I said, I have no problem with that, That don't scare me at all, Then I feel that I have let the Members down that elected me....

I have notified all the Committee at Alliance that I am considering all my options.

I have notified our Chairman that I am considering all my options, and thank you all for all your support. I love you guys.

I know what I want to do, but the biggest burden on my mind is who will take care of the 300 plus Members that elected me...that part truly concerns me.

Be advised Local 3000 Bros and sisses, that your wonderful International are coming after you with a COA. You will be given a choice, to except it or loose product..This is what they will tell you.

You are facing outsourcing, get used to it. The COA will make it happen. Don't worry though, they will be Brothers and Sisters of Local 3000 after the card check of 40 percent. There wont be an election for certification, because the Company will except recognition of representation for these these new employees who are now doing these out sourced jobs....This deal is already cut behind closed doors....After all, gotta keep the Membership numbers up..lost too many already

I will decide on Monday, December 11, 2006 what I will do in regards to taking the buyout, or stepping down and be a good little boy and quietly disperse into the trenches of production, or sign off of the buyout and Remain a fuckin PHONEY REP.

ps. As we say in the business, can we speak off the record? FUCK YOU INTERNATIONAL.......YOU WILL NEVER BREAK MY SPIRIT!

I Will not mis lead the people!

Brother, don't forget that our so called International reps have their own contract and an additional pension (after 5 years of service). I wonder how many of them are going to take advantage of the packages? I hear a lot on the floor the members with 30 years or more should get out of the way for the younger folks. Well, does this hold true for the International and Region? I wonder what the median seniority of the International is? We should be able to negotiate THEIR contract! Let them feel some of the pain as well! They need to know that come the next Constitutional Convention that they will not be able to fillibuster or scheme their way around it, the membership will demand the referendum vote! Any word on how many of them are taking packages? Any of their jobs or departments being outsourced? God knows nobody could do any worse!

Damn that's a shame!!! Welcome to the UAW! Let me pass along some advice that a fellow employee gave me.

You are totally fucked up for even speaking this way...........

If you have that little confidence in yourself to continue on with life without Ford, I would hope that you just fucking leave , and not create more drama for those of us that is riding the storm out .

Just remember, when you walk in the gate in the morning, the Company dont lock the doors behind you.

Turn around, walk out, and dont let the door hit you on the ass on the way OUT!

You are a threat to this Membership as far as I am concerend, you need to be delt with accordingly for even making these kind of statements.

Brother, don't forget that our so called International reps have their own contract and an additional pension (after 5 years of service). I wonder how many of them are going to take advantage of the packages? I hear a lot on the floor the members with 30 years or more should get out of the way for the younger folks. Well, does this hold true for the International and Region? I wonder what the median seniority of the International is? We should be able to negotiate THEIR contract! Let them feel some of the pain as well! They need to know that come the next Constitutional Convention that they will not be able to fillibuster or scheme their way around it, the membership will demand the referendum vote! Any word on how many of them are taking packages? Any of their jobs or departments being outsourced? God knows nobody could do any worse!

Why do you bother, some of your family members were fired got the buyout,you are no better

than any one else but you seen to think you are;people with 30 years went though alot to get you

little kids what you have;you need to have respect for them, just because they are older does not mean they are used up :reading:

Do what you gotta do to maintain your self-respect, Jeff. Don't sell yourself out to stay in that corrupt, back stabbin', self-serving Union office. Those people looking at you across that partition will just-as-soon cut you as look at you. Keep your self-respect, it's the only thing you can take with you when you walk out of that cesspool!

Edited by Sailinshoes

Here's your company UAW Inc., folks. Here it is in living color! This is what the reform movement UAW New Directions, soldiersofsolidarity.com and futureoftheunion.com has been endlessly warning the shopfloor workers about all along. You still wanna support these hacks now?

The mask has finally been uncovered by one of their own who has been nestled quietly within the clutches of good ol'boy reverence.

Fishinguy, if you're the worker's leader and the brother's keeper you claim to be, then hide behind your pseudonym and start naming names, Brother. Prove to the beaten down workers that you care more about them than that fraternaty you helped prop up.

For the rest of the brothers and sisters on the shopfloor, take a look.These political animals are now eating their own. There's plenty more of them out there. All we need to do is continue our drive and bring this whole vacuum down upon their heads. You aren't the radicals. The company unionist are the radicals and they are driving us straight into the abyss.

Well, Fishinguy join the club, pal. Now you're in our league. How's the union's crap taste from down here? Don't forget your napkin. You'll soon find there's plenty of it. Come to Norfolk Assembly Plant and then go to all the other communities where plants are closed. There are thousands of people just like us who will be glad to give you our share.

This corporate Keystone Mafia is now exposed and these psuedo unionists in Solidarity House are witnessing their political machine becoming unhinged.

These COA-selling company men with their union made silk ties have hijacked the social compass of our union.

From now on the rest of you reps who have openly supported them will be as guilty as these phony, entrenched bureaucrats.

The time is ripe. Workers, rise up in the name of solidarity then reclaim your union for each other. Your coworkers aren't your enemy. Your International union leaders at Solidarity House are your enemies.

If we don't do it now, when will it be? If it isn't you and I, who will do it for us?

Simple answer. Refuse to resign stand by the principle that you are to be treated like everyone else. Period. If they then fire you as an elected rep for not succumbing to this garbage then take legal action.

Alert the media if and when they fire you from being an elected rep.

Contact a good attorney and use both to expose them.

Our union is continually selling us out and pitting plant against plant, brother against brother, and sister against sister. This has to stop and the only way to stop it is to stand together.

The premise is a simple one.

People will only give you what you are willing to accept.

Are we tired of accepting this garbage? Only we have the power to change it.

Simple answer. Refuse to resign stand by the principle that you are to be treated like everyone else. Period. If they then fire you as an elected rep for not succumbing to this garbage then take legal action.

Alert the media if and when they fire you from being an elected rep.

Contact a good attorney and use both to expose them.

Our union is continually selling us out and pitting plant against plant, brother against brother, and sister against sister. This has to stop and the only way to stop it is to stand together.

The premise is a simple one.

People will only give you what you are willing to accept.

Are we tired of accepting this garbage? Only we have the power to change it.

The International also sold out the salaried union members, and yes I have already thought of your advice. Sounds like us who have been sold out need to get a class action suit together! The UAW International has been misrepresenting us. Shame on them!! How can Mr Gettlefinger and all sign their letters "In Solidarity" ?? or look in a mirror when they know how many peoples lives they have totally screwed over.

thats fair since the reps sell out the membership on a daily basis .

Especially the international reps who screwed the orignal AAI people out of DECENT pensions.... And this guy is belly aching about which date he has to make up his mind to leave by....Good F****** Grief!!

The International also sold out the salaried union members, and yes I have already thought of your advice. Sounds like us who have been sold out need to get a class action suit together! The UAW International has been misrepresenting us. Shame on them!! How can Mr Gettlefinger and all sign their letters "In Solidarity" ?? or look in a mirror when they know how many peoples lives they have totally screwed over.

I agree!! :beatdeadhorse:

Here's your company UAW Inc., folks. Here it is in living color! This is what the reform movement UAW New Directions, soldiersofsolidarity.com and futureoftheunion.com has been endlessly warning the shopfloor workers about all along. You still wanna support these hacks now?

The mask has finally been uncovered by one of their own who has been nestled quietly within the clutches of good ol'boy reverence.

Fishinguy, if you're the worker's leader and the brother's keeper you claim to be, then hide behind your pseudonym and start naming names, Brother. Prove to the beaten down workers that you care more about them than that fraternaty you helped prop up.

For the rest of the brothers and sisters on the shopfloor, take a look.These political animals are now eating their own. There's plenty more of them out there. All we need to do is continue our drive and bring this whole vacuum down upon their heads. You aren't the radicals. The company unionist are the radicals and they are driving us straight into the abyss.

Well, Fishinguy join the club, pal. Now you're in our league. How's the union's crap taste from down here? Don't forget your napkin. You'll soon find there's plenty of it. Come to Norfolk Assembly Plant and then go to all the other communities where plants are closed. There are thousands of people just like us who will be glad to give you our share.

This corporate Keystone Mafia is now exposed and these psuedo unionists in Solidarity House are witnessing their political machine becoming unhinged.

These COA-selling company men with their union made silk ties have hijacked the social compass of our union.

From now on the rest of you reps who have openly supported them will be as guilty as these phony, entrenched bureaucrats.

The time is ripe. Workers, rise up in the name of solidarity then reclaim your union for each other. Your coworkers aren't your enemy. Your International union leaders at Solidarity House are your enemies.

If we don't do it now, when will it be? If it isn't you and I, who will do it for us?

Awesomely written and I agree........

Why do you bother, some of your family members were fired got the buyout,you are no better

than any one else but you seen to think you are;people with 30 years went though alot to get you

little kids what you have;you need to have respect for them, just because they are older does not mean they are used up :reading:

You misunderstood what I meant. I don't believe that just because you have 30 years that you should have to go. Like I've said before, a lot of people got hired in when they were around 18 or 19 and if they have 30 years then they are only 48, 49 years old. How can anyone demand that someone that yound retire? It's crazy. Some people that age might have young kids to support or whatever. I was making reference to some comments that I've overheard in the plant and on this board, that's it. Don't be so quick to jump the gun. My whole complaint is that I don't really see the International doing ANYTHING to help here. They couldn't even explain the packages when they were down here!

Especially the international reps who screwed the orignal AAI people out of DECENT pensions.... And this guy is belly aching about which date he has to make up his mind to leave by....Good F****** Grief!!

I agree!! :beatdeadhorse:

Awesomely written and I agree........

Hey Pit,

I guess you also missed the point. Not belly aching about when i have to leave, just trying to let you all know that the UAW are now eating there own, so be prepared you could be served up next

a bit dramatic there tony boy...I see you haven't changed....you need to come into the 21st century...before you are left behind...

fishiguy

I hear what your saying and thank you for sharing your thoughts. I agree with a lot of what you have said. But have you know it doesn't matter what your rels date is, or if you go back to the floor bottom line is you took the buy out so no matter what you let down the members that elected you that are choosing to stay. it doesn't matter when you go. Also, I suggest you look into what you were told about Sub 2 and make sure that isn't just comming from our chairman who could be influanced by someone in that room for political gain. Make some phone calls, tell him to show you in the agreement where it says that shit. Otherwise tell him to stick it. Sounds to me like it could be political I hear we have 3 or 4 reps that have signed up. That's 3 or 4 open spots for his friends to get elected. I'm just throwing some ideas out there. I know you well, I worked in your area for a while. I just hate for you to give up hope or something when what you were told is not in the agreement. Something sounds funny.... He can't make you resign man.... Did anyone from other plants out of sub 2 get told that? Or just AAI? Cause if it's just AAI then it is our local leadership selling you out. Good luck with whatever your decision is. If you end up staying i'll see you around, if you end up leaving it was nice knowing you and good luck out there. :reading:

fishiguy

I hear what your saying and thank you for sharing your thoughts. I agree with a lot of what you have said. But have you know it doesn't matter what your rels date is, or if you go back to the floor bottom line is you took the buy out so no matter what you let down the members that elected you that are choosing to stay. it doesn't matter when you go. Also, I suggest you look into what you were told about Sub 2 and make sure that isn't just comming from our chairman who could be influanced by someone in that room for political gain. Make some phone calls, tell him to show you in the agreement where it says that shit. Otherwise tell him to stick it. Sounds to me like it could be political I hear we have 3 or 4 reps that have signed up. That's 3 or 4 open spots for his friends to get elected. I'm just throwing some ideas out there. I know you well, I worked in your area for a while. I just hate for you to give up hope or something when what you were told is not in the agreement. Something sounds funny.... He can't make you resign man.... Did anyone from other plants out of sub 2 get told that? Or just AAI? Cause if it's just AAI then it is our local leadership selling you out. Good luck with whatever your decision is. If you end up staying i'll see you around, if you end up leaving it was nice knowing you and good luck out there. :reading:

Hey Protect,

Many of you guys asked me in the beggining of the buy out survey what I was going to do. You all knew I had only 10 yrs seniority, and were in the same boat as me. I was honest and up front with all of you what I did and why. I told all that I signed and requested an August departure date. In my mind I was thinking may be by then I would know more on how things were going to shake out, and I could make a more sound desion. I was not hiding anything from anybody. I have always been very up front with all. Just ask any of my 300 + Members.

This is not just coming from our Chairman, other Dist. Reps were there also..Anyway, Dave would not do me that way. As a matter of fact, he called me last night and we had a very long coversation in regard to me leaving. He made it very clear he does not want that to happen.

Like I said before not looking for any special treatment, Just fair and equal representation........and that aint happening....Thats just dirty!

T

Tony,

Dont be so quick to impress yourself with this shit eatin sandwich crap

If you would have been paying attention for several weeks now, you would know that I have always been in your so called leauge. I have been warning for weeks now what I thought this almighty Union may do to us.

Many flamed me for being an anti Union conservitive.

Why is it, that if you are a Rep, you are viewed as the asshole?.......and some wonder why a Rep would sign up to leave. :banghead:

We cant win dude. Corporate Union on one side, Corporate Ford on the other..........Members in the middle....who really takes care of us? Lets all sing together: Solidarity Forever. I know some of you know this one.......Especially the ones who are close to the Union, and have been to Black Lake several times.

Hey Fishinguy,

I would like to know since you are a International Rep did you vote for President Gettlefinger pay raise at the last National Convention union meeting in Vegas? We all took pay cuts to put the money into VEBA to help out the retired. And also it seems from what I read that the International Reps, Secretaries and all others make alot more money than the workers on the floor of the plants do you support that? I tried to find out what the votes where an the convention for the raises, it looks like it was unanimous for them. So when you speak for those on the floor at the plants I hope you understand why we think we have been sold a bunch of crap. We at the floor level have been getting ripped everyday for the last 2 years. Sounds like the International people are getting some of what we have been getting shoveled, it is not nice is it. What happened to do the right thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! instead of just the good ole boy system. You should fight that is what all that are sent our suppose to do.

You misunderstood what I meant. I don't believe that just because you have 30 years that you should have to go. Like I've said before, a lot of people got hired in when they were around 18 or 19 and if they have 30 years then they are only 48, 49 years old. How can anyone demand that someone that yound retire? It's crazy. Some people that age might have young kids to support or whatever. I was making reference to some comments that I've overheard in the plant and on this board, that's it. Don't be so quick to jump the gun. My whole complaint is that I don't really see the International doing ANYTHING to help here. They couldn't even explain the packages when they were down here!

I am not jumping the gun I just know who YOU are, how YOU were in involved when Lorain came over and

my point is YOU have no business saying anything, APPEALS remember;where it came down to 30 year jobs

,YOU know this, and all it was for YOU and your group,alot of Lorain people are leaving it is a pain dealing

with the younger ones many of them have no respect ;as for the International or Union when have they

did anything, it is just for themselves or who is in their group and you are one of them ;I get sick of

hearing your family's name YOU are no better than anyone else and you are most likely getting the true

picture because of connections your family has; before you let your head swell up ;alot of it is not

very flattering,MY POINT IS I KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND I WOULD RATHER NOT HAVE KNOWN AS YOU

LEAVE A BITTER AFTER TASTE IN MY MOUTH

--and to get back, WHO is picking their dates to leave, I don't think anyone is unless there are deals being cut for certain people , but no surprise ;as far I know FORD is telling you when to go, at least that is what I am told-plus Spring you had 2 relatives get fired and they got bought back to get a buyout ,one was said to have been fired for 3 years ,but yet he got bought back to take a buyout and why did he deserve a buyout HE WAS FIRED, what does the UNION trade for these types of people, what deals do they cut ;unfair to a lot of good very hard working people,I can not stand special treatment is all

:blah: Your not the only one in that boat. At Van Dyke you have to make up your mind by December 22 as well, so dont feel as though you are being singled out.

I am not jumping the gun I just know who YOU are, how YOU were in involved when Lorain came over and

my point is YOU have no business saying anything, APPEALS remember;where it came down to 30 year jobs

,YOU know this, and all it was for YOU and your group,alot of Lorain people are leaving it is a pain dealing

with the younger ones many of them have no respect ;as for the International or Union when have they

did anything, it is just for themselves or who is in their group and you are one of them ;I get sick of

hearing your family's name YOU are no better than anyone else and you are most likely getting the true

picture because of connections your family has; before you let your head swell up ;alot of it is not

very flattering,MY POINT IS I KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND I WOULD RATHER NOT HAVE KNOWN AS YOU

--and to get back, WHO is picking their dates to leave, I don't think anyone is unless there are deals being cut for certain people , but no surprise ;as far I know FORD is telling you when to go, at least that is what I am told-plus Spring you had 2 relatives get fired and they got bought back to get a buyout ,one was said to have been fired for 3 years ,but yet he got bought back to take a buyout and why did he deserve a buyout HE WAS FIRED, what does the UNION trade for these types of people, what deals do they cut ;unfair to a lot of good very hard working people,I can not stand special treatment is all