INTERNATIONAL TELLS ALL REPS "GET OUT BY JAN 1st

fishinguy

To all Members of the UAW,

Today at Sub Council Meeting it was announced by the International UAW that all Reps who have signed the buyout canvass, that we have until December 22, 2006 to make up our minds what we are going to do. Here are your choices:

You can back out , and not take the buyout and Remain a Rep.

or, you can resign, go back to the floor (which I have no problem with that, life was much easier then) and have the same rights as other Members on the floor, in regards to when you would like to leave.

or, see ya later alligator as of Jan. 1, and have a nice fuckin life!

I would like to ask the International this:

Why do I not have the same rights as my Members on the floor? I'm not asking for anything more than my people, just asking for the same options. I have 10 yrs seniority, I signed this buyout survey, for the same reasons that many did. I requested that my release date be in August for the simple reason that hopefully by then, I will be able to make a good sound decision that would be best to do for me. Many Members signed with that same strategy in mind, and I'm sure that will be honored for them. But why do I not have those same rights?

To the Members at AAI and across this nation, here me when I say, The Union sold there Reps out.

I have not been given the same rights as you all, and I am a District Rep for AAI Flat Rock Mich.

Please understand that I am not asking for any special deals or treatment, I just want the same rights!

The Union has just sold out all there Reps, What makes you all think that when the time comes, they wont sell you all out.

There wont be an election for certification, because the Company will except recognition of representation for these these new employees who are now doing these out sourced jobs....This deal is already cut behind closed doors....After all, gotta keep the Membership numbers up..lost too many already

What's new, the UAW has been selling out the rank & file members for a very long time and it is going to get worse. Sorry about the Union Reps sell out but what did you expect? Did you tell the membership about previous special deals made at sub-councils (the ones that did not concern you but hurt the rank and file)? Is it now that it affects you that you are angry?

Thanks for the information but the fact that you have disclosed UAW Subcouncil "secret information" may cause you to be attacked by the UAW koolaid drinkers. Hope all goes well for you.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't been on this forum for a while,reading some of the posts lets me know that I did not miss much.Fishguy look in your local union by laws,you may have a provision like we have in our local by laws which state that you retain all your contractual rights even when you are elected or appointed to office.Also what does art.10 sec. 9 of the National contract say?{equal application}. Don't put all the blame on Gettelfinger,the rot set in years ago.EVERYBODY,Union and Company failed to look and plan for the future.HELL LOOK WHAT THEY DID IN OUR PLANT !!!Took out a good M.O.A then go around the country telling the local unions that they are to negotiate C.O.A's.No wonder the U.A.W. IS IN TROUBLE.Heard that Kruse is coming back to the plant.Yeah JUDAS tried to give back the 30 pieces of silver also.With him in the plant people will need to watch their backs.Just remember this,You deserve your representation,YOU ELECTED THEM!!!

You misunderstood what I meant. I don't believe that just because you have 30 years that you should have to go. Like I've said before, a lot of people got hired in when they were around 18 or 19 and if they have 30 years then they are only 48, 49 years old. How can anyone demand that someone that yound retire? It's crazy. Some people that age might have young kids to support or whatever. I was making reference to some comments that I've overheard in the plant and on this board, that's it. Don't be so quick to jump the gun. My whole complaint is that I don't really see the International doing ANYTHING to help here. They couldn't even explain the packages when they were down here!

I heard that at NAP, they have a guy named Mr. Ferebee, who has 58 years seniority and is 86 years old. He was supposed to retire on Jan. 1,2007 but changed his mind. That, is keeping one younger person out of work.

Rights my ass, he needs to retire. :stirpot::stirpot: :shades:

Hey Fishinguy,

I would like to know since you are a International Rep did you vote for President Gettlefinger pay raise at the last National Convention union meeting in Vegas? We all took pay cuts to put the money into VEBA to help out the retired. And also it seems from what I read that the International Reps, Secretaries and all others make alot more money than the workers on the floor of the plants do you support that? I tried to find out what the votes where an the convention for the raises, it looks like it was unanimous for them. So when you speak for those on the floor at the plants I hope you understand why we think we have been sold a bunch of crap. We at the floor level have been getting ripped everyday for the last 2 years. Sounds like the International people are getting some of what we have been getting shoveled, it is not nice is it. What happened to do the right thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! instead of just the good ole boy system. You should fight that is what all that are sent our suppose to do.

Hey kc,

I aint no international Rep. Im one of you! What made you think that? Im a Dist Rep. I would never take an appointment. No strings attached to me Dude. I aggree, we have been sold a bunch of crap.

Have a good one......

:shades: BYE

Why ya gotta be that way dude?........Was your Rep pulling the shit over your eyes?

Edited by fishinguy

:hyper:

I heard that at NAP, they have a guy named Mr. Ferebee, who has 58 years seniority and is 86 years old. He was supposed to retire on Jan. 1,2007 but changed his mind. That, is keeping one younger person out of work.

We got guys with 40 years and aint leaving cause their ex will get pension benefits. One In particular will defintely make it to 65 years of service, He is Unbelievable. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :drop:

I --and to get back, WHO is picking their dates to leave, I don't think anyone is unless there are deals being cut for certain people , but no surprise ;as far I know FORD is telling you when to go, at least that is what I am told-plus Spring you had 2 relatives get fired and they got bought back to get a buyout ,one was said to have been fired for 3 years ,but yet he got bought back to take a buyout and why did he deserve a buyout HE WAS FIRED, what does the UNION trade for these types of people, what deals do they cut ;unfair to a lot of good very hard working people,I can not stand special treatment is all

Ford worker:

There is a preferential list on when you would like to leave in my plant. The agreement was, and I say WAS

To honor the Retirees first that wanted to leave in Jan, Secondly the Members that were returning to school,

and third, all others (as TPTS were brought in Flow-backs, RTBU, etc, etc)

Do you have anyone at your plant that old with that much time? Do you have any? I think they have the right to work as long as they can or want to. Until there is a " thirty and out rule " or something similiar, that is the way it will continue to be. I am all for the young ( in age and time ) at a plant, but you cannot make these people retire until the language is changed. I think they earned the right to retire when they want to.

:blah: Your not the only one in that boat. At Van Dyke you have to make up your mind by December 22 as well, so dont feel as though you are being singled out.

They are afraid of us.......They do not want any Rep that they feel is not on the same page as them..You know their going to want us to sell that Bullshit COA to the Members, and I aint doing it! I will explain what that is to the Members, and they can decide for themselves..As for me, they got a NO vote!

What's new, the UAW has been selling out the rank & file members for a very long time and it is going to get worse. Sorry about the Union Reps sell out but what did you expect? Did you tell the membership about previous special deals made at sub-councils (the ones that did not concern you but hurt the rank and file)? Is it now that it affects you that you are angry?

Thanks for the information but the fact that you have disclosed UAW Subcouncil "secret information" may cause you to be attacked by the UAW koolaid drinkers. Hope all goes well for you.

Adam,

I cant get all the details yet ,I wasnt there. Care to share them here? I have already thought about the cool aid drinkers, and frankly dont give shit. If you go back into the history, you will see that i didnt give a shit about that long before the International made this call........Im sure My career as a Rep will suffer some from the drinkers,

but ones thing for sure It wont be the Members screwing me, Ive never dishonored them and I wont start now.

You chose your buyout release date? How come I didn't have that right? We were told when our was.

"Welcome to the real world."

--Morpheus

Everyone at AAI was given the opportunity to choose there date. The agreement was that the Company would honor Retirees leaving first, School buyouts second, and all others would be honored as TPTS , RTBU, and Flow-backs started coming in to the plant.

Haven't been on this forum for a while,reading some of the posts lets me know that I did not miss much.Fishguy look in your local union by laws,you may have a provision like we have in our local by laws which state that you retain all your contractual rights even when you are elected or appointed to office.Also what does art.10 sec. 9 of the National contract say?{equal application}. Don't put all the blame on Gettelfinger,the rot set in years ago.EVERYBODY,Union and Company failed to look and plan for the future.HELL LOOK WHAT THEY DID IN OUR PLANT !!!Took out a good M.O.A then go around the country telling the local unions that they are to negotiate C.O.A's.No wonder the U.A.W. IS IN TROUBLE.Heard that Kruse is coming back to the plant.Yeah JUDAS tried to give back the 30 pieces of silver also.With him in the plant people will need to watch their backs.Just remember this,You deserve your representation,YOU ELECTED THEM!!!

Thankx Hemmer,

Like I tried to say before, not looking for any special treatment just the same as all...There is a lot of hatred here for Dist Reps and I just dont get it! Shit, Im one of you!.......

This decision from the great International sounds like something the Company would try to pull.....

anyway, I will continue to inform the people regardless if they crush me politically or not....

This is so sad, what the company is doing to us here.

It would be so easy, for me, to take either side of this drama. But I see what the the company is doing here...they're forcing us to play Russian roullette with our livelyhood...here employee, take the gun, spin the chamber and shoot...ok I'll play. I'll take the gun, I'll spin it......YOU SHOOT, I'm not in to killing my job...you are...so YOU pull the trigger....this is why I didn't take the buyout...The company is using natural human selfishness as a weapon. They have us all thinking just for ourselves.."do what's best for you and your family" BLAH BLAH...so it's cut throat city...and the company LOVES it...they even have our representation fighting amonst themselves....how sad...

But you are getting special treatment. Most plants are telling people when they have to leave.

Quit yer crying. :stop:

Dude,

How was I supposed to know that other plants were doing this..Im not crying.. You are missing the point here. If the Union would have told us this in advance, Yes I said THE UNION! I would have not bothered to sign up. This has created a false number now. Now besides 732 people leaving, there will be 731..Dont you think these false numbers could have a negative impact on the Members somehow? Listen and listen closely, This was another sneeky fucking tactic. I aint crying cause a dont have to leave! Once again we were mis lead by the Union! Goddamn man, take your hatred and put it a fuckin bottle for a moment....Its clouding your way of thinking!

SHIT!... :banghead:

Ford worker, if you came over from Lorain, I guarantee that you do not know the first thing about me. And before you talk shit about my brother, Sean (who just passed away in October by the way), you don't know the first thing about his buyout situation, make sure that you have your facts correct first. I see that you're still on this Lorain, OHAP thing. That's exactly what is going to destroy this plant. As for the appeals, just because I supported a position and stood up for our rights when they were violated by Ken Kruse and the International - that's wrong?! I'm starting to get the picture now. You're one of those malcontents that if someone else has a different opinion than you, then they are wrong and the enemy. Are you taking the buyout? Hell, if it will get you out any sooner, we'll take up a gate collection to get you out the door. We're in a fight for our survival and still getting no information as to what the rules are. At least I'm willing to stand up for my rights, and yours too while I'm at it. How many others are willing to do that? By the way, I'm not taking a package so I'm hanging around for the ride. And my advice to you still stands, do yourself a favor and start reading the books. You might actually learn something.

Cheers,

Spring

Dude,

How was I supposed to know that other plants were doing this..Im not crying.. You are missing the point here. If the Union would have told us this in advance, Yes I said THE UNION! I would have not bothered to sign up. This has created a false number now. Now besides 732 people leaving, there will be 731..Dont you think these false numbers could have a negative impact on the Members somehow? Listen and listen closely, This was another sneeky fucking tactic. I aint crying cause a dont have to leave! Once again we were mis lead by the Union! Goddamn man, take your hatred and put it a fuckin bottle for a moment....Its clouding your way of thinking!

SHIT!... :banghead:

Fishinguy, makes you wonder, doesn't it?! :doh:

This is so sad, what the company is doing to us here.

It would be so easy, for me, to take either side of this drama. But I see what the the company is doing here...they're forcing us to play Russian roullette with our livelyhood...here employee, take the gun, spin the chamber and shoot...ok I'll play. I'll take the gun, I'll spin it......YOU SHOOT, I'm not in to killing my job...you are...so YOU pull the trigger....this is why I didn't take the buyout...The company is using natural human selfishness as a weapon. They have us all thinking just for ourselves.."do what's best for you and your family" BLAH BLAH...so it's cut throat city...and the company LOVES it...they even have our representation fighting amonst themselves....how sad...

Hey Bro

Im not fighting....Am I? trying to have dialog...As you can see though, gettin the shit kicked out of me as usual

Ford worker, if you came over from Lorain, I guarantee that you do not know the first thing about me. And before you talk shit about my brother, Sean (who just passed away in October by the way), you don't know the first thing about his buyout situation, make sure that you have your facts correct first. I see that you're still on this Lorain, OHAP thing. That's exactly what is going to destroy this plant. As for the appeals, just because I supported a position and stood up for our rights when they were violated by Ken Kruse and the International - that's wrong?! I'm starting to get the picture now. You're one of those malcontents that if someone else has a different opinion than you, then they are wrong and the enemy. Are you taking the buyout? Hell, if it will get you out any sooner, we'll take up a gate collection to get you out the door. We're in a fight for our survival and still getting no information as to what the rules are. At least I'm willing to stand up for my rights, and yours too while I'm at it. How many others are willing to do that? By the way, I'm not taking a package so I'm hanging around for the ride. And my advice to you still stands, do yourself a favor and start reading the books. You might actually learn something.

Cheers,

Spring

Yes it does..........

Edited by fishinguy

Cheers,

Spring

THAT IS WHERE YOU ARE WRONG ,AS FOR YOUR BROTHER I DID NOT SAY YOUR BROTHER -YOU DID-,NOBODY SAID A NAME YOU DID, SOMEONE THE OTHER DAY BOUGHT IT UP FROM OHAP', YOU ARE NOT ABOVE EVERYTHING BECAUSE OF YOUR FAMILY-I JUST DISLIKE SPECIAL TREATMENT FOR ANYTHING IT IS NOT RIGHT AND YOU CAN NOT

MAKE IT RIGHT, I SEEM ENOUGH OF YOUR POSTS ,AND WHAT I HAVE SEEM IS ENOUGH, I KNOW WHAT OTHER PEOPLE HAVE SAID ALSO, APPEALS, YOU JUST DID NOT GET YOUR WAY; IT IS NOT TOO FAR OFF,I KNOW IN ADVANCE YOU GET ANGRY ,AS FOR DESTROYING THE PLANT YOU KNOW NOTHING <WE ALSO HAVE ALOT AT STAKE <I DO NOT WANT THE PLANT TO CLOSE BUT THAT IS NOT UP TO ME ,I LOST FAITH QUITE SOME TIME AGO IN THE UNION ,IT WORKS GREAT FOR THE RIGHT PEOPLE BUT I HAVE LEARNED NOT EVERYBODY IS TREATED EQUAL<THE UNION DOES FOR IT SELF, TOO MANY STRINGS PULLED<TOO MANY DEALS CUT,AT WHAT COST,THE TRUALLY HARD WORKING PEOPLE ARE PAYING A HIGH PRICE NOW,MANY ARE GOING TO BE WITHOUT JOBS<ALL BECAUSE OF MISMANAGEMENT and the UNIONS

-NOT BECAUSE OF LORAIN_BUT BECAUSE THE UNION LET PEOPLE GET AWAY WITH THINGS THEY SHOULD OF NEVER LET HAPPEN TILL IT WENT TOO FAR -THE UNION WAS SUPPOSSED TO HELP WORKERS; NOT HELP THEMSELVES AS MANY HAVE DONE;AS FOR MANAGEMENT THEY ARE TOLD WHAT TO DO,THERE ARE SOME GOOD ONES ON BOTH SIDES,TOO BAD THERE JUST WAS NOT ENOUGHT OF THEM- Lorain had a great work force as a lot of others have,ATLANTA <NORFOLK<TWIN CITIES< ACH PLANTS and look what happened to them they CLOSED THE PLANTs,THEY DID NOT DESERVE IT-THEY DID NOT DESERVE THE END RESULT ,THEY DID NOT BRING IT ON THEMSELVES ,NOBODY DID, NOT EVEN LORAIN DID, AS ALOT OF OHAP PEOPLE LIKE TO SAY -BY THE WAY IT WAS A CONSOLIDATION ,-AS FOR LORAIN YOU ARE STILL ANGRY BY WHAT YOU SAID TO ME TOO BAD YOU DID NOT GET YOUR WAY

Well, Fishinguy join the club, pal. Now you're in our league. How's the union's crap taste from down here? Don't forget your napkin. You'll soon find there's plenty of it. Come to Norfolk Assembly Plant and then go to all the other communities where plants are closed. There are thousands of people just like us who will be glad to give you our share.

T

Tony,

Dont be so quick to impress yourself with this shit eatin sandwich crap

If you would have been paying attention for several weeks now, you would know that I have always been in your so called leauge. I have been warning for weeks now what I thought this almighty Union may do to us.

Trust me, pal. I see nothing impressive about it. Also, it is much larger than a sandwich. Without downplaying what you mentioned, if someone in your position is going to come on here your issues should be casting a far larger net. You have the last word. I'm going fishing on other threads.

At LAP those of us who signed up for the buyout were also asked a preference date. We were aksed to choose Jan, Mar, June, or Sept. retirees and education buyouts were allowed first on Jan. 2. Everyone else will be allowed based on their preference date using seniority. I chose January and have been pushed back to March at the eqarliest and probably September based on seniority.

This is how they are doing it here. Not sure about others.

If the Solidarity House wants elects out Jan. 1st there is a reason for this. Think about it for a sec. dude. :idea: They don't need more bad press and they know that if a rep is thinking about leaving they can kill Int. reputation and this will be a bad thing, all you did when you Hooked that buyout was try to buy some buffer room for your self just like lots of other people did bro. Some reps really do want to leave so them getting this chance to get out sooner will work out for them, this is a rep perk in some ways.

Bro if you ask me, If you do care about your job as a union rep then you should not go any ware and just ride the wave, shit the wave has bin on its way sense the 70s anyway. See Int don't want any week links in there Chane anymore because it opens a box of worms and they cant have that so this also mite be a reason for them wanting reps out early :reading: .

Hay you know you can always take the buyout and become a Flat Rock Major or something that mite be cool or even Ummm (anyway).... In the end I guess what I'm saying is if you think it is wrong to leave your people on the floor then stay and ride it out together till the end.... If you want to try new opportunities in life, then do do it because this is America and we are built on opportunity...........

PZ

Castro_Bigdog

:slap: Jeff, I can't believe that you are such a fuc_in pussy! I hope that your balls drop before you have a chance to retire. Buck up and roll with the changes. Just take the fuc_in buy-out! I am sure that your District will be better off. You have decsision to make , just make it.

I knoqw some of the reps in the office and you are not one of the strong ones. As a matter of fact you are the weakest right after your bald buddy Ty.

Good Luck you "wet vagina"

It wasn't announced at Sub 2 Fish. I checked into it. Other plants that were there did not hear it nor did they go back and tell the reps that. So there is some shit in the game that I think you should look into. Besides as a Rep you should have a copy of the agreement right? Well where does it say that? Ok it doesn't so they can't force you. All i'm saying is look into it man, Look into the shit man i'm telling you it's dirty.

Hey Protect,

Many of you guys asked me in the beggining of the buy out survey what I was going to do. You all knew I had only 10 yrs seniority, and were in the same boat as me. I was honest and up front with all of you what I did and why. I told all that I signed and requested an August departure date. In my mind I was thinking may be by then I would know more on how things were going to shake out, and I could make a more sound desion. I was not hiding anything from anybody. I have always been very up front with all. Just ask any of my 300 + Members.

This is not just coming from our Chairman, other Dist. Reps were there also..Anyway, Dave would not do me that way. As a matter of fact, he called me last night and we had a very long coversation in regard to me leaving. He made it very clear he does not want that to happen.

Like I said before not looking for any special treatment, Just fair and equal representation........and that aint happening....Thats just dirty!

It wasn't announced at Sub 2 Fish. I checked into it. Other plants that were there did not hear it nor did they go back and tell the reps that. So there is some shit in the game that I think you should look into. Besides as a Rep you should have a copy of the agreement right? Well where does it say that? Ok it doesn't so they can't force you. All i'm saying is look into it man, Look into the shit man i'm telling you it's dirty.

My chair just back from Detroit and he said all reps that signed get the first group exit date.Lastday December 22nd,company wide.

What is this shit pick your date !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At Sandusky they told you when you would go depending on your job if you take the 100k or education or already have 30yrs in you go Dec.1, Jan. 1, or Feb.1 and that is it!!!!!!! And they decide which one !!!!!

Ikeep hearing people say i am taking the 100k but i am going in August or July what the fuck is this !!!!!!!!Why is every place different. We are ALL ford workers and UAW members it should be the same across the board !!!!!! I am tired of this fucking politics the UAW is doing. Make one decision and that is it and everyone gets the same packages and the same oppotunities and dates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead::banghead: