Ky Skipper Your Super Chip

289hipo

With out the proper guages insides your truck can and will due damage to the engine of your truck. You yourself stated 3 different times in the heavy duty froum of this web site that you were running it on your 250 04 truck in performance mode. Under the title Fords Diesel Drama drags on. I was not going to open my mouth but you have done nothing but run your mouth about how piss poor Ford Motor Company is and your Dealer also that I am sick of it. You have been on every web site that has anything to do with Deisels and they have all told you how to fix your truck, some have even ask about aftermarket programming and you have said no just a pos. You have had the nerve to come on this board when these guys are worried about their future and their families knowing that you have partially caused some of the problems with this truck. If this had been a honest complaint I would have been all for you but as it stands now I hope you get exactlly what you deserve. I feel sorry for the Dealer that put up with you for that last 2 years beacause he probably was a friend at one time.

I still contend there isn't a close relationship in power between the 6.0 and 7.3. It is very noticable on hills. One hill here in town my 7.3 truck will pull just fine in 3rd gear and even 4th. The 6.0 truck won't pull it in 2nd gear with the factory program on the computer. I have been testing a Superchips programmer on it. In the "Performance" mode is does seem to be close to the 7.3 if not a spec better. The 7.3 is not chipped or altered. It is 100% factory. I just talked to a guy who traded his 04 F250 for a 06 Chevy. He and I both agreed that when we bought our 04 trucks, they had plenty of power. When mine was new off the lot it would run a circle around my 95 truck. Both of us agreed that when we went in for recalls and got them reflashed, they went down hill fast. I noted once on mine that the computer messed up and it went to running on the default mode. It ran better on the default mode than it did on the program.

reprinted here in the event he decides to erase his original admission of guilt

Edited by J-150

Sounds a lot like those who complained a while ago about the 3.8L V6 head gaskets, but never properly serviced their motors.

When the motors failed, suddenly they were "screwed", and Ford owed them everything under the sun.

A lemon is a lemon, and up to Ford to fix it if they're at fault. But when you break it yourself, or stray from the service guide....it's your problem.

So this incessant whiner "chipped" his truck!!!!!!!!!

And to think I felt sorry for him!!!!!!!

He can now go away, since I have also copied his remarks on my puter thnx to your dilligence, and should he return again, all he will get is his own words to prove that------------->he altered it, now he supplys his own warranty!!!!!!!!!!!

And to think I felt sorry for him!!!!!!!

he altered it, now he supplys his own warranty!!!!!!!!!!!

I find myself in the same position.

Skipper if indeed you chipped your truck be it with an actual chip or software swap it's customer pay, and if you left this tidbit of information out on purpose you should be ashamed of yourself.

Edited by Ron W.

I don't have a tremendous amount of sympathy for those that chip their trucks and then blow things up.

BUT the 6.0L is a flawed design. Or rather, Ford is running it at HP levels beyond what International designed it for. That's why people are going in for service and finding their trucks have less power. Ford is turning down the HP levels to try to prevent the head gasket failures.

Now, International knew what HP the 7.3 was producing, and they knew that the 6.0L would need to produce more to keep up with the HP wars.

Diesels are crazy critters, all you need to produce more power is to add more fuel, which nowadays is computer controlled. And you can keep adding fuel until combustion pressures and temps become so high that things start breaking.

I have to set the assemblers straight here.

Any Technician doing EEC drivability work will know it has a chip as soon as they hook it up. In most cases the Tech will need to disable the edge box or remove the chip to make the repair or reflash because all of the sensor parameters will be out of spec. So if you need to call the Dealer and tell them it has a chip we got trouble.

Adding a chip does not void the warranty UNLESS you can prove the damage is caused by the chip. As a consumer you are permitted to equip the vehicle any way you want. Modifications can/may cause damage but unless directly traced to the mod it is a covered repair.

If the Dealer feels the mod caused the damage they call Ford. Ford denys the warranty and all is documented.

Now there was a time Ford tried to scare everyone into believing that a "chip" voided your warranty. That helped them not pay for a few repairs. THEN they got sued a couple times and lost in court.......

We sure got a lot of arm chair experts on Dealerships and warranty here dont we?................... :finger:

Edited by Jeff Colgrove

With out the proper guages insides your truck can and will due damage to the engine of your truck. You yourself stated 3 different times in the heavy duty froum of this web site that you were running it on your 250 04 truck in performance mode. Under the title Fords Diesel Drama drags on. I was not going to open my mouth but you have done nothing but run your mouth about how piss poor Ford Motor Company is and your Dealer also that I am sick of it. You have been on every web site that has anything to do with Deisels and they have all told you how to fix your truck, some have even ask about aftermarket programming and you have said no just a pos. You have had the nerve to come on this board when these guys are worried about their future and their families knowing that you have partially caused some of the problems with this truck. If this had been a honest complaint I would have been all for you but as it stands now I hope you get exactlly what you deserve. I feel sorry for the Dealer that put up with you for that last 2 years beacause he probably was a friend at one time.

Thankyou for bringing this to lite....this guy was an idiot...i posted many replies (was cordial

& helpful @ 1st...although many others on here were much more helpful than I) but knew

there was more to this BS somehow....all of us on here knows there were issues w/ early

6.0 PSD BUT not like this moron described... i own an '05 SuperDuty 6.0 PSD as do many

of my friends & co-workers.....we were only follish but "as concerned representatives of

our company" (a commendable thing) to take his bait................no more fellas!

I have to set the assemblers atraight here.

Any Technician doing EEC drivability work will know it has a chip as soon as they hook it up. In most cases the Tech will need to disable the edge box or remove the chip to make the repair or reflash because all of the sensor parameters will be out of spec. So if you need to call the Dealer and tell them it has a chip we got trouble.

Adding a chip does not void the warranty UNLESS you can prove the damage is caused by the chip. As a consumer you are permitted to equip the vehicle any way you want. Modifications can/may cause damage but unless directly traced to the mod it is a covered repair.

If the Dealer feels the mod caused the damage they call Ford. Ford denys the warranty and all is documented.

Now there was a time Ford tried to scare everyone into believing that a "chip" voided your warranty. That helped them not pay for a few repairs. THEN they got sued a couple times and lost in court.......

We sure got a lot of arm chair experts on Dealerships and warranty here dont we?................... :finger:

Go back to flatratetech.com U sir were a catalyst for this fool to continue his public rants here..........

he did no damage though..... we all know how good the SuperDuty's are, especially w/newer

version of 6.0 PSD....this fool simply tried to fool a large company & he's gotten bagged! Go Ford!

The problems with this engine began in August of 2004. In August of 2005 a Ford field engineer suggested a programmer might help with the problems they had yet to solve after working on it for a year. I tried it, it didn't work, and took it back off.

The problem was there before and is still there, nothing changed other than I spent $800 on a suggestion of someone who should have known better to find out that like most things advertised as solutions, the benefit isn't there.

The only benefit I have out of that gadget is I can read the codes with it, write them down and give them to the tech when I get around to getting to the shop which they know about, and since they don't have a recorder to send out with me, it's handy to have the code it throws when it's having problems that occur randomly.

Skip

The problems with this engine began in August of 2004. In August of 2005 a Ford field engineer suggested a programmer might help with the problems they had yet to solve after working on it for a year. I tried it, it didn't work, and took it back off.

The problem was there before and is still there, nothing changed other than I spent $800 on a suggestion of someone who should have known better to find out that like most things advertised as solutions, the benefit isn't there.

The only benefit I have out of that gadget is I can read the codes with it, write them down and give them to the tech when I get around to getting to the shop which they know about, and since they don't have a recorder to send out with me, it's handy to have the code it throws when it's having problems that occur randomly.

Skip

If you put the Super chips on in August 2005 and it did not help and then took it back off why is your post in the Super Duty Forum dated Dec 2005. You had to at least have it on there for 6 months. So why did you not tell us this from the beginning?

He told me to try it in August, I didn't order it until sometime later, October I believe. When it first came in, the unit itself wasn't the correct one and I had to send it back to the company for a replacement. The 04 F250's came with 2 different versions of the 6.0 liter. Mine's an early 04 with an 03 engine in it. The unit was programmed for the actual 04 engine and not the 03. It wouldn't upload to mine and they had to change it to an 03 version. I've slept since then, but I believe it was sometime in November before I actually started to try it out.

One of the things my truck has a history of doing is it's program getting messed up over time. Over the year prior to that each time I took it in (approximately monthly) they reprogrammed it and it would run good for a week maybe two, then it would start falling off in performance. You would loose both power and fuel milage. With a fresh flash (factory flash) on it, it would climb the hill I spoke of in 3rd gear like it should. Over a few weeks you'd notice it lugging more and more, until you were down shifting. Within a month it would near about stall on the same hill. I've had to stop and put it in granny low.

I tested the thing for 2 tanks of fuel on each setting so that I could get a good fuel milage average and make note of these intermitent complete losses of power. I stopped using it when I determined that 1. I still had the same power loss problems and 2. My fuel milage didn't change. That said, I do keep the latest Ford flash stored in it and have restored that flash several times when the computer looses it's program and like I mentioned before, I can read the trouble codes with it.

I don't hot rod this thing, and I'm not out to see if it'll out run a Mustang from red light to redlight. However, being able to pull out onto a 4 lane highway and not get ran over is another thing all together.

Understand, This problem has been going on for two and a half years without resolution. Anyone that's worked on a mechanical problem for that length of time is going to try something that isn't necessarily in the book to see if it works once all the things in the book have been tried and not found to work.

Skipper

FTL you are a thick one.

The 03-04 6.0's are referred as sicko's. They near bankrupted Ford.

This is not even disputable. Shouldn't you be out putting straw bales around the doublewide?

Nobody on here debated the known troubles of 6.0 PSD just YOUR exaggerations &

dramatic provocations...if u think problems w/ 1 vehicle (in u r opinion) could bankrupt

such a highly liquid & diversified co. as FoMoCo u sir def. are not an educated shareholder

of this co. or well versed in business side of auto manufacturing...im a proud hrly employee

btw... "ron" had suggested i to be management.. wrong again he is...FPS six sigma related all

the way...my '05 PSD has been a charm...want maitenance/warranty history records? Go Ford!

Do you have a life other than trolling non-affiliated web sites? Obviously not!

If you r on OUR forum U r certainly are on many others... i know, im right again!

Anyhow, 2 reiterate (again!) the not gettin baited by u & your bud (wife?) "Ron" into a debate

cause u hold no validity w/ me ....u r interests on this forum are in question & u r not welcome

anymore... love eachother elsewhere!

Why Thank You. Seems us Ford workers aren't so stupid after all.

How could u ever even doubt us brother? :shades: These clowns

are bored on their own forums so they troll ours.......dont get baited

again! Go Ford!

A good chip CAN fix problems with factory programming. However, you need a good 4 bank chip that replaces all of the factory programming. Many chips and programmers on the market only change certain parameters and are pretty much crap.

I used to have an 03 F350, the first thing I got was a SuperChips Microtuner. Absolute garbage, it made the transmission slip.

I went to a true 4 bank chip and the truck ran better and the trans worked as it should.

The easy solution to the problem is to buy a Chevy diesel.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drive...rticleId=115662

You think this was a fair test? Try reading through the article and find the chart under "Tow Test Explanation". The Dodge had ZERO ballast, the Chevy had 2,440 pounds while the FORD carried 3,700 pounds, 1260 pounds more than the Chevy. Put the same weight in all the trucks and see how the Chevy does then.

You think this was a fair test? Try reading through the article and find the chart under "Tow Test Explanation". The Dodge had ZERO ballast, the Chevy had 2,440 pounds while the FORD carried 3,700 pounds, 1260 pounds more than the Chevy. Put the same weight in all the trucks and see how the Chevy does then.

Look at the gearing. Ford 4.3 the others 3.73.

Ford tried to pull a fast one.

Look at the gearing. Ford 4.3 the others 3.73.

Ford tried to pull a fast one.

Anybody that does heavy towing would know not to get the high gear. It might improve your gas mileage without a load, but sucks while towing. Ford offers the 3.73, 4.10 and the 4.3. Get a truck with the high rear end and give me an honest test with the Same weight in the trailer and bed. Why should the Ford have a penalty to carry more weight just because it has a higher gvw? Looks like the Dodge and Chevy are just little city trucks to haul grocery sacks with marshmallows.