Puma / Reflex and Bronco

igor

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fiesta SUV = EcoSport... true? I thought that the next gen EcoSport was on its way, especially considering Tang is in Ford Brazil

A Puma replacement is new to me.... Make sense, just use the Verve's ST powertrain with a TF 1.6 liter and close to 200 HP

yes Fiesta SUV might mean EcoSport - but that car is more important to Brazil than US - I doubt Ford BR would let Dearborn engineer it .. It is quite likely Ford will have 2 Fiesta SUV's - the utilitarian ExoSport for South America and other markets, and stylish "urban cruiser" Bronco for US, Europe etc.

igor

yes Fiesta SUV might mean EcoSport - but that car is more important to Brazil than US - I doubt Ford BR would let Dearborn engineer it .. It is quite likely Ford will have 2 Fiesta SUV's - the utilitarian ExoSport for South America and other markets, and stylish "urban cruiser" Bronco for US, Europe etc.

igor

Will there be a 4 door version of the Bronco?

Talk about a dream lineup on the low end... Verve sedan, Verve 5-door, Reflex, Bronco, and EcoSport. Not a lot of profit there, but a major volume enhancer, as well as a CAFE-improver.

I'm envisioning a freshly waxed black Bronco with a big chrome grill, big chunky tires, a basic 4x4 system, and a removable rear hardtop. Instantly solves my problem of needing a small pickup truck, and gives me a cool little truck and beat around town in. Ford won't be able to keep them on the lots.

Talk about a dream lineup on the low end... Verve sedan, Verve 5-door, Reflex, Bronco, and EcoSport. Not a lot of profit there, but a major volume enhancer, as well as a CAFE-improver.

I'm envisioning a freshly waxed black Bronco with a big chrome grill, big chunky tires, a basic 4x4 system, and a removable rear hardtop. Instantly solves my problem of needing a small pickup truck, and gives me a cool little truck and beat around town in. Ford won't be able to keep them on the lots.

I agree. Ford definitely needs to do the Bronco. Give it Jeep like off road capability. The old, small Bronco Ford did many years ago is still popular. The concept is great and Ford needs to do it. I remember the old Bronco had as an option a power wench for going into wilderness. Do a modern version of it and make it super cool. Why should Jeep have the market to itself.

I agree. Ford definitely needs to do the Bronco. Give it Jeep like off road capability. The old, small Bronco Ford did many years ago is still popular. The concept is great and Ford needs to do it. I remember the old Bronco had as an option a power wench for going into wilderness. Do a modern version of it and make it super cool. Why should Jeep have the market to itself.

As yes the old power wench. Hope she looks better than this.

post-13563-1196489422_thumb.jpg

;)

Matthew

Edited by matthewq4b

The Bronco concept always struck me as a Hummer wannabe, but without the guts to actually delivery on its fascade. I hated the very concept of an all-show but no go Bronco imitator.

I agree to an extent. The new Bronco would at LEAST have to have a basic 4WD system. I'm not calling for something to take on the Wrangler head on, however. I'd venture to say that less than 10% of new Wrangler buyers ever do any hard-core offroading, and that as long as a new Bronco has decent ground clearances, big chunky tires, and a 4WD system, that would be MORE than needed to be a true Bronco in my eyes.

A Scion xB clone with 15" steel rims and bargain basement tires ain't gonna cut it.

I agree to an extent. The new Bronco would at LEAST have to have a basic 4WD system. I'm not calling for something to take on the Wrangler head on, however. I'd venture to say that less than 10% of new Wrangler buyers ever do any hard-core offroading, and that as long as a new Bronco has decent ground clearances, big chunky tires, and a 4WD system, that would be MORE than needed to be a true Bronco in my eyes.

A Scion xB clone with 15" steel rims and bargain basement tires ain't gonna cut it.

That's half the problem with some of you guys around here. You don't ever want to make anything that can take any other companies products on. You just want to make something to just get by. If Ford decided to actually make the Bronco concept and it's appearance is kept mostly true to what we see in the concept and then they decided "Well, but lets not put any sort of serious 4WD system on there because that would take on the Wrangler. Instead lets give it some urbanized sissyfied suspension that can't handle much but it rides great." then they might as well not even bother.

That's half the problem with some of you guys around here. You don't ever want to make anything that can take any other companies products on. You just want to make something to just get by. If Ford decided to actually make the Bronco concept and it's appearance is kept mostly true to what we see in the concept and then they decided "Well, but lets not put any sort of serious 4WD system on there because that would take on the Wrangler. Instead lets give it some urbanized sissyfied suspension that can't handle much but it rides great." then they might as well not even bother.

I would agree...Ford already has cute ute in Escape. Now they need to make a rugged ute with the Bronco roots. All out off road bruiser that is ok on paved road. It will be a niche vehicle, but Ford needs a couple niche vehicles.

What would you define as serious 4WD?

I'm 99% sure that the Bronco will essentially inherit the current 4WD system of the EcoSport. FWD most of the time, and if you so desire, turn a knob, and the rear axle engages. That's as serious as I need it.

EcoSport.jpg

free-desktop-wallpaper-ford-bronco-concept.jpg

What would you define as serious 4WD?

I'm 99% sure that the Bronco will essentially inherit the current 4WD system of the EcoSport. FWD most of the time, and if you so desire, turn a knob, and the rear axle engages. That's as serious as I need it.

Congratulations, you just bought a Ford Escape. If they hamstring that very masculine looking vehicle with some wussified FWD wannabe 4WD powertrain they might as well not even waste their time. It will be a huge joke.

Congratulations, you just bought a Ford Escape. If they hamstring that very masculine looking vehicle with some wussified FWD wannabe 4WD powertrain they might as well not even waste their time. It will be a huge joke.

A Joke in the enthusiast eye? I'd rather see Ford go after a larger market then catering to enthusiasts who are very fickle

A Joke in the enthusiast eye? I'd rather see Ford go after a larger market then catering to enthusiasts who are very fickle

Much like the Mustang, It has to be "real" in the enthusiasts eye. If not it'll become the butt of jokes that'll scare off even the nonenthusiast. You have to first build credibility with the enthusiat to have a trikle down "Cool Factor".

I guess it could be a poser 4x4 much as the Sunfire was a poser sports car. I'm sure a lot of women would buy them, much like the Sunfire.

Edited by Hemiman

Actually, the Ford/BW Intelligent AWD system is pretty intense. Its predecessor Control Trac won a few Baja 1000s, and unlike traditional 4x4 systems, it doesn't have to be manually engaged. Sure, it's not as durable as the system in an F150 or SuperDuty, but then again, it doesn't have to haul anywhere from 5-30,000 lbs, or handle up to 650 lb ft of torque.

Most off roaders would love Intelligent AWD. The only people that wouldn't wouldn't buy new in the first place.

It's a waste of time if they build it the way you describe. I don't know why you can't see that. It's just another Ford Escape at that point. It's a vehicle that's already in their lineup. Why do they need it?

Believe it or not it really is ok to build niche vehicles. Everything doesn't have to be a mass market vehicle, nor should it be. Enthusiasts are not as fickle as you like to make them out to be, the Jeep has only been around for over 60 years, the Mustang is in it's 43rd year. If anything the "enthusiasts" cars have been around longer then just about anything else.

If Ford makes a vehicle that looks like that concept Bronco and puts some candy ass FWD / wannabe 4WD powertrain with a weak ass suspension under it the thing will be a colossal failure.